Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Congratulations Carrie & Simo :dance:

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
:dance::dance::dance::dance: That is FANTASTIC news Carrie I am so happy for you!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

11/23/2004 - Filed N-400 - 03/28/2006 - Interview & Oath in Atlanta GA

03/29/2006 - Mailed I-130 04/06/2006 - NOA1

08/01/2006 - APPROVED

08/11/2006 - Received at NVC case number assigned

08/21/2006 - DS-3032 & I-864 fee Generated 08/22/2006 - Emailed choice of agent

08/25/2006 - Choice of agent accepted 08/28/2006 - IV bill generated

08/29/2006 - Mailed I-864 bill 09/09/2006 - Mailed IV Bill

09/16/2006 - Received I-864/09/18/2006 - Mailed Completed I-864

09/23/2006 - Mailed DS-230/09/28/2006 - Message says information rec at NVC

10/07/2006 - Message says they are sending an RFE 10/18/2006 RFE returned

10/26/2006 - Case Complete

IR-1 VISA ISSUED IN PLACE OF THE K-3 11/29/2006

04/15/2006 - Mailed I-129F 04/20/2006 - NOA1

08/30/2006 - Approved

09/13/2006 - Sent to Casablanca

INTERVIEW DATE - 10/26/2006 - 11/17/2006 - 2nd Interview SUCCESS

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 months and 1 day of AP later.... We finally got it!!

:dance: Simo picked up his visa this morning. :dance:

Congratulations!!!! :D

IR1-CR1 Visa (I-130)

03-19-06 sent

03-30-06 NOA 1

04-06-06 *touched*

07-14-06 *touched*

08-02-06 *RFE*

08-07-06 *touched*

08-08-06 *touched*

08-16-06 Mailed RFE for marriage certificate of foreign language

08-23-06 Received RFE

08-24-06 APPROVED.... FINALLY...YES

09-01-06 Recieved Approval through USPS

K-3 Visa (I-129f)

05-18-06 sent

05-24-06 NOA1

05-27-06 *touched*

06-03-06 *touched*

07-03-06 *touched* *RFE*

08-02-06 Mailed RFE

08-04-06 RFE Recieved

08-17-06 *touched*

08-24-06 Another RFE sent. How much longer now, what else could they possibly need this thime

08-31-06 Recieved RFE was mailed to old address even though new one was updated in the computer

09-01-06 Mailed RFE

09-07-06 Recieved RFE

09-09-06 *touched* come on already and approved it...lol

09-12-06 APPROVED....YEAH!

09-13-06 *touched*

11-02-06 Interview date

N.V.C. I-130

09-07-06 Case recieve at NVC sent out first packet

N.V.C. I-129f

09-19-06 Case recieved at N.V.C. and assigned a case. Said embassy will recieve in 2-4 weeks as soon as security checks clear.

09-21-06 Case sent to Casablanca

6/22/06 - 7-26-06 I leave to Morocco to see my wonderful husband again. I cant wait I'm so excited.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wooohoooooo!!! :dance::dance:

Maggie

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was going through all of my papers and found this document from Casa regarding K1 visa's and how long they are valid once issued among other information they provided.

It really does sound like Casa screwed up on the timing...they are not even providing the standard validity once the visa is issued. They should update their wording on this, but don't hold your breath for that. It is however without a doubt good for 3 months (90 days) after the beneficiary has entered the United States.

FIANCE(E) VISA PETITIONS

Fiancé(e) visa petitions (form I-129F) must be filed in the United States. Fiancé(e) visa petitions can only be approved by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) office having jurisdiction over the American citizen petitioner’s (you/your) current or intended residence in the United States. The fiancé(e) visa petition form contains detailed instructions on what kind of documents must be submitted.

The visa process will begin when the Consulate General receives the approved visa petition from BCIS in the United States. At that time, we will send your fiancé(e) instructions on how to proceed, as well as a detailed list of the supporting documents needed to apply for the visa.

If you wish to withdraw the petition before a visa (K-1) is actually issued, you should make a written request to the Consulate General.

Once the visa is issued, your fiancé(e) must enter the U.S. within six months. After entering the U.S., you and your fiancé(e) must marry within three months and report the marriage to the nearest BCIS office in order to obtain permanent/ conditional resident status for your new spouse.

If you decide not to marry, your fiancé(e) must depart the U.S. within that three-month period.

For more information about fiancé(e) visas, please visit the State Department’s website at: http://www.bcis.gov

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I was going through all of my papers and found this document from Casa regarding K1 visa's and how long they are valid once issued among other information they provided.

It really does sound like Casa screwed up on the timing...they are not even providing the standard validity once the visa is issued. They should update their wording on this, but don't hold your breath for that. It is however without a doubt good for 3 months (90 days) after the beneficiary has entered the United States.

FIANCE(E) VISA PETITIONS

Fiancé(e) visa petitions (form I-129F) must be filed in the United States. Fiancé(e) visa petitions can only be approved by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) office having jurisdiction over the American citizen petitioner's (you/your) current or intended residence in the United States. The fiancé(e) visa petition form contains detailed instructions on what kind of documents must be submitted.

The visa process will begin when the Consulate General receives the approved visa petition from BCIS in the United States. At that time, we will send your fiancé(e) instructions on how to proceed, as well as a detailed list of the supporting documents needed to apply for the visa.

If you wish to withdraw the petition before a visa (K-1) is actually issued, you should make a written request to the Consulate General.

Once the visa is issued, your fiancé(e) must enter the U.S. within six months. After entering the U.S., you and your fiancé(e) must marry within three months and report the marriage to the nearest BCIS office in order to obtain permanent/ conditional resident status for your new spouse.

If you decide not to marry, your fiancé(e) must depart the U.S. within that three-month period.

For more information about fiancé(e) visas, please visit the State Department's website at: http://www.bcis.gov

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

Thanks Kiya, that was my understanding on this as well. I have emailed Casa numerous times and just received a response back this afternoon. This is what they said:

Ms. xxxx,

Thank you for your e-mail. We have forwarded your request and the specifics of your fiance's case to our non-immigrant visa section. Mr. xxxxx's case, now having been completely processed, is actually a non-immigrant visa. We will contact you and Mr. xxxxx shortly.

Regards,

Now what exactly this means, who knows. At first Simo asked if we could have it corrected, but now he's had about enough of Casa. He is too scared to deal with them anymore. I can't blame him.

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Timeline

FIANCE(E) VISA PETITIONS

Fiancé(e) visa petitions (form I-129F) must be filed in the United States. Fiancé(e) visa petitions can only be approved by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) office having jurisdiction over the American citizen petitioner's (you/your) current or intended residence in the United States. The fiancé(e) visa petition form contains detailed instructions on what kind of documents must be submitted.

For more information about fiancé(e) visas, please visit the State Department's website at: http://www.bcis.gov

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

Thanks Kiya, that was my understanding on this as well. I have emailed Casa numerous times and just received a response back this afternoon. This is what they said:

Ms. xxxx,

Thank you for your e-mail. We have forwarded your request and the specifics of your fiance's case to our non-immigrant visa section. Mr. xxxxx's case, now having been completely processed, is actually a non-immigrant visa. We will contact you and Mr. xxxxx shortly.

Regards,

Now what exactly this means, who knows. At first Simo asked if we could have it corrected, but now he's had about enough of Casa. He is too scared to deal with them anymore. I can't blame him.

Oh, I don't blame him either. Honestly, I think we would just take it as is and run as far from Casa as possible. :D

As long as he enters the country before its' validity date expires it is good for 3 months after that. I still think you will be fine. I would worry more about Casa screwing something up again...really. I swear the left hand has no idea what the right hand does...nor do they care very much, at least that is what it seems to be from the outside looking in.

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

Timeline

FIANCE(E) VISA PETITIONS

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

Ms. xxxx,

Regards,

Oh, I don't blame him either. Honestly, I think we would just take it as is and run as far from Casa as possible. :D

As long as he enters the country before its' validity date expires it is good for 3 months after that. I still think you will be fine. I would worry more about Casa screwing something up again...really. I swear the left hand has no idea what the right hand does...nor do they care very much, at least that is what it seems to be from the outside looking in.

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

That is what it seems to me too. I don't think we are going to bother with trying to change it since he bought his ticket today for November 6th!!! :dance:

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

FIANCE(E) VISA PETITIONS

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

Ms. xxxx,

Regards,

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

That is what it seems to me too. I don't think we are going to bother with trying to change it since he bought his ticket today for November 6th!!! :dance:

Congrats again Carrie!!! :star:(F)

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

FIANCE(E) VISA PETITIONS

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

Ms. xxxx,

Regards,

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

HAMDULILLAH!!! I am so happy he bought a ticket! I really am so happy for you both, this is been a long hard wait and you so deserve to be together.

Nov 6th...that is the day before I leave for Morocco! :D

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

Timeline

Ms. xxxx,

Regards,

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

HAMDULILLAH!!! I am so happy he bought a ticket! I really am so happy for you both, this is been a long hard wait and you so deserve to be together.

Nov 6th...that is the day before I leave for Morocco! :D

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

I am happy and relieved too! Been a long journey and we are very anxious to start a somewhat "normal" life.

I am happy you are returning to get married. Such a joyous occasion! Simo and I sometimes wish we had married there, but oh well. I can't wait to hear all about it when you return. :luv:(F)

Thanks JP...you ready for the big day coming up?? Not much longer!

Edited by carshel

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
[

Thanks JP...you ready for the big day coming up?? Not much longer!

:lol: Ready? :lol: Um no :unsure: We have 15 days and he has not done his medical, paid his fees, no police certs yet, and no photos yet. :lol: Oh and I just barely FedEx's his package of forms yesterday...ready.... :lol: What a concept :lol:

I'm trying to light a fire under his butt as we speak....not working. He keeps saying oh that only takes a day. Sheeeeeeeeeesh! :star:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.