I can't believe it....

68 posts in this topic

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
It sounds like you haven't been in AR all this time at all, just mishandled! Not that we don't expect that out of Casa!

I don't think it's just coincidence that 6 months before November just happens to be May when they told her they were done with AP. OMG this makes me really mad for you, Carrie! :angry:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS CARRIE AND SIMO!!! :dance::dance: I am so thrilled for you both. Carrie if you remember, I said maybe it would be this week, lol. Maybe I said that alot but IT IS THIS WEEK!

I'm doing such a happy dance for you all, you have no idea. :dance::dance:

So glad I got to see this post before I left. It's about darn time. When is he coming?

Doreen :D

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

OH MY GOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know about the date thing, sounds like casa messed up again! Can he get here before that date? I wouldn't even bother with the consulate at this point.

Again>>

SO HAPPY FOR YOU CARRIE and SIMO!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

OMG...HAMDULILLAH!!!! I can't believe it either! I am sooooo happy and relieved for you. I know you are both so happy right now. Now...GET THAT TICKET!! :)

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh Carrie I cannot believe my eyes! I couldn't be more happy for you two wow I am about to cry. Congratulations to you and Simo you truly deserve this good news and I'm sorry it took so long for you! Wow this is just a great day!

Sarah

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww at last !!!!

:dance::dance::dance: Congratulations !!! :dance::dance::dance:

I am very happy this is finally over for you two -- but I think the VJ sleuths may be on to the truth about the visa being issued months ago, and just sitting there. I would definitely call and ask why it expires only 2 months after you actually received it.

But al7amdolallah the visa is issued !!!! Wishing you a wonderful reunion and all the happiness in life together !

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I said it to you already but I'll say it again cuz I'm so dang happy for you both!!! MABRUKULATIONS!!! Now I really have to get my ####### to ATL to see you and Simo... it's time for that Moroccan dinner we've been talking abt... a true celebration!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Timeline
I said it to you already but I'll say it again cuz I'm so dang happy for you both!!! MABRUKULATIONS!!! Now I really have to get my ####### to ATL to see you and Simo... it's time for that Moroccan dinner we've been talking abt... a true celebration!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Hey, we're only 4 hours south of Atlanta so let us know when you do. I'm dying to meet some of my VJ family too. I could always take Abdel up for a Braves game, or do they still play baseball this late in the year? I am so out of touch with American sports.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey, we're only 4 hours south of Atlanta so let us know when you do. I'm dying to meet some of my VJ family too. I could always take Abdel up for a Braves game, or do they still play baseball this late in the year? I am so out of touch with American sports.

Liz, we will have to let you know - I'm dying to meet you too, my friend (and Abdel)! I think we're going to eat at Imperial Fez...that's the plan anyway!

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline

Thanks you all. :wub:

About the visa issue date...his visa says:

Issue date 9/28/2006

Expiration date 11/18/2006

Also under Annotation: CLEARANCE RECEIVED 26-SEPT-2006

So, I don't see how the visa was issued back in May. Apparently there was some question about whether or not he was still in the country.

Long story short (if possible).

Monday I called DOS for a status check. I spoke to Jackie who said he was still "pending", but she was going to send a followup email (4th time now). She said she would call me when they received an update back.

On Tuesday I get an SMS from Simo that a nice lady from the Consulate called him and asked twice if he had left the country yet...NO of course was his answer. Of course that prompted me to get on the phone to call Casa. The man who answered said everyone was gone, call back tomorrow. :angry: In the meantime, I call DOS and was told no one advised them to call, still pending, strong case, no name hits, any day now blah blah blah...yea ok, heard that for 5 months, thanks. So I sent an email to Casa to ask if there was a problem and left for lunch. On my way back to work, Jackie from DOS calls me to tell me his clearance is finished. Of course I am going WHAT (almost running off the road), are you sure, I was just told it was still pending and told her about the Consulate calling. She says yes, I just looked before I called you. OMG!!! A couple hours later I called DOS again to verify (I think most of you know we had been thru this already a couple times) and spoke to a man who told me his visa has been issued to him already. I told him that was not possible he doesn't have anything. He said "I'm looking right here, the visa was issued on 9/26/2006. They received notification he had never left the country and were able to get everything cleared up, they should be contacting him soon". Of course Simo doesn't want to believe any of it since the Consulate had already called him in once for nothing.

Yesterday morning, about 5am, I got an SMS from Simo that the Consulate called him and asked if he could be there at 12. He told the man no, he is coming all the way from Marrakesh, but he could come tomorrow. So my poor Simo was on the train at 5am (his time) this morning to Casa. He got there, gave them his passport and they told him to come back at 1pm. At 9:21am this morning I got another SMS saying he thinks he is dreaming because he got his passport back with a VISA IN IT!!!!!

He is so excited, but at the same time worried about that expiration date. He still has some work to finish and is worried about being done and ready to leave by then. Should I even bother trying to get it fixed or will it cause more delays??

Liz, we will have to let you know - I'm dying to meet you too, my friend (and Abdel)! I think we're going to eat at Imperial Fez...that's the plan anyway!

YEAH...Imperial Fez here we come!!!

Edited by carshel

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats Simo and Carrie, its about time :dance::dance::dance:

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

08/26/08 filling date

08/27/08 NOA1

09/12/08 Notice for BIO

10/01/08 BIO

02/04/09 RFE received

02/20/09 RFE mailed

03/03/09 APPROVED

03/16/09 NEW CARD RECEIVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

WOW! Congrats!!! :dance:(F) Is it me or does it seem like the good news just keeps rolling in?

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

That seems very odd then. I have no clue as to why his visa doesn't have a 6 month expiry like it should. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it as long as he's planning on entering before the visa expires. I would be worried that giving the visa back to Casa to make changes might trigger more delays.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.