David and Marina

Almost 3 Weeks, NVC says it could take 90 Days???

19 posts in this topic

OK, Now I'm getting concerned. We just received our NOA2 Sept 20. but a 3 month wait to arrive at NVC!!!! The NOA2 Notice had a Valid from date 09/20/06 to 01/19/2007 The 3 months would CUT 3/4 of the validity time! I thought I was done with CSC ignorance :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Dude, you'll be alright. I had an original NOA1 of April 17, 2006... so be happy to be approved in the little time you did, especially from California. (I'm trying to make you feel better.)

Now about that validity, don't worry about it, my case took 3.5 weeks to arrive at NVC. Call everyday in the evening, so you'll know if it was accepted that day. And you can even call twice a week, and after they get it, they'll finally acknowledge you. At that point just ask when they received it and they'll tell you.

And honestly, I'm certain they would extend your validity in Moscow, or at best schedule an interview date before it expired, so you're guaranteed before January 19, 2007 (feels like January 19, 2011).

Also, for you to have reasonable expectations... as of today, Moscow is scheduled up to December 4, 2006 for interviews. So based on the timelines here, it's looking like an interview date of December 10-15 for me... and your NOA2 date is behind mine by 15 days, so I'm guessing after Christmas and New Years for you (I know you don't want to hear that). They don't operate on American & Russian holidays.

Here's hoping we both get our girls here before Christmas. :unsure::wacko::thumbs:

Edited by Medical Moose

OUR 2006 K1 VISA JOURNEY

April 17th - Touch #1 - "NOA-1"

June 1st - Touch #4 - Case Transferred to CSC

July 3rd - Touch #11 - Received the "IMBRA RFE"

September 5th - Touch #19 - "NOA2"

September 29th - NVC Received

October 4th - NVC sent to Moscow

October 10th - Moscow Received Case

November 30th - Interview - APPROVED!!!

December 21st - Received visa from DHL today!

December 22nd - Flew Moscow to New York!

OUR 2007 AOS JOURNEY

January 10th - Applied for Social Security Card

January 20th - Marriage of America and Russia

January 25th - Received Social Security Card

January 26th - AOS & EAD paperwork sent to Chicago

January 29th - FedEx Delivered AOS package to Chicago Lockbox at 10:12am

February 2nd - Touch #1 - "NOA1" for AOS & EAD

February 5th - Touch #2 - AOS & EAD

February 8th - Touch #3 - AOS & EAD

February 22nd - Biometrics for AOS & EAD (Mar 7)

March 11th - Touch #4 - AOS & EAD

May 3rd - INTERVIEW for AOS

May 14th - Green Card Received!!!

*CURRENT STATUS*

Finally enjoying life with my Russian Princess

3dflagsdotcom_russi_2fawl.gifYulia 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.gifAlex

RUSSIAN FEDERATION - - - - - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA - - - - -

My case was entered into the system just yesterday. Yours should be done in few days. Since NVC deals with all immigration visa, they give this standard reply that it may take 3 months. I also got that reply last week. But K1 are done faster. By the way, some cases of Sept 18 NOA2 have arrived at NVC. I am sure you will hear soon.

Now about those quickly received cases, look where they're coming from... cough, cough, Vermont! :secret:

Just goes to show how crappy CSC is compared to VSC, it's pathetic. :ranting::protest::ranting:

And I'm so happy to be out of California now. I've never even been there and I almost hate it because of this slow processing business. When I hear California, I only think about how slow CSC processed my case. (I know Cali has a lot to offer, and I may end up there someday, but damn that service center). :cry:

But no matter how long it takes, I'll be doing the dance when my girl finally gets here. :dancing::dance::jest:

So until then, let's sit back and try to relax... after all, we're in the NOA2 club... where things happen a lot faster now a days. :pop:

OUR 2006 K1 VISA JOURNEY

April 17th - Touch #1 - "NOA-1"

June 1st - Touch #4 - Case Transferred to CSC

July 3rd - Touch #11 - Received the "IMBRA RFE"

September 5th - Touch #19 - "NOA2"

September 29th - NVC Received

October 4th - NVC sent to Moscow

October 10th - Moscow Received Case

November 30th - Interview - APPROVED!!!

December 21st - Received visa from DHL today!

December 22nd - Flew Moscow to New York!

OUR 2007 AOS JOURNEY

January 10th - Applied for Social Security Card

January 20th - Marriage of America and Russia

January 25th - Received Social Security Card

January 26th - AOS & EAD paperwork sent to Chicago

January 29th - FedEx Delivered AOS package to Chicago Lockbox at 10:12am

February 2nd - Touch #1 - "NOA1" for AOS & EAD

February 5th - Touch #2 - AOS & EAD

February 8th - Touch #3 - AOS & EAD

February 22nd - Biometrics for AOS & EAD (Mar 7)

March 11th - Touch #4 - AOS & EAD

May 3rd - INTERVIEW for AOS

May 14th - Green Card Received!!!

*CURRENT STATUS*

Finally enjoying life with my Russian Princess

3dflagsdotcom_russi_2fawl.gifYulia 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.gifAlex

RUSSIAN FEDERATION - - - - - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA - - - - -

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
ok it sounds like I just need to wait another week. I've been waiting since March....I once joked about getting the visa in 2007....now it could happen. :unsure:

Yes, the CSC is the biggest pain to deal with because they send us all approval notices and then leave our approved cases in shipping status. What a bunch idiots the CSC is one would think that the CSC would just play nice and keep mailing approved cases out to the NVC.. I am on 2.5 weeks here of the 4 weeks to go for the process time which at the rate the CSC is going with shipping everything out will take longer. I wish I was able to use the Vermont service center!!

I finally emailed the NVC only to get a nice response that they don't have it and to call the USCIS.

I do call twice day everyday once in early afternoon and once in the evening and one day hopefully after 3.5 weeks or so I'll get a NVC case number.

Edited by AKS

I-751 10yr Green Card

01-07-10 Approval Letter for the 10yr Green Card

01-15-10 Production Email Regarding the Green Card from USCIS

01-28-10 Green Card received from USCIS

US Citizenship

10-19-10 Mailed N-400 packet to Texas via Priority Mail

10-22-10 Packet was delivered after being forwarded to Dallas

10-27-10 Check was finally cashed by USCIS

10-30-10 I-797C Notice of Action (NOA) Received

11-02-10 RFE Text Message, and Email Received (Must be the Biometrics)

11-08-10 Biometrics Letter Received for 11/17/2010

11-17-10 Biometrics was done with in five minutes of reaching at 8:00am

12-06-10 Testing, and Interview email status received via email from USCIS with information to expect a letter shortly with appoinment time.

1-13-11 Interview Passed with form N-652 checked [box A] with congrats you have been recommended for finally approval.

1-13-11 USCIS JAX officer said the Oath letter will come in two or three months.

2-23-11 Oath Ceremony Letter was received for March 17th for 9am in the GNV Federal Court House

3-17-11 Oath Certificate was received at the oath ceremony, and appointment made for US passport for Monday 3-21-11.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.