filipina616

aunt wants to work in USA

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

may i ask who know about this situation,

My aunt wans to work in the USA and she even wants me to sponsor her, but i dont have my citizenship yet, we dont know how she can work here , anyone knows who have the idea?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

My aunt wans to work in the USA and she even wants me to sponsor her, but i dont have my citizenship yet, we dont know how she can work here , anyone knows who have the idea?

not really sure how many responses you are going to get when everyone is struggling to get their own Visa.

To answer your question, once you are a LPR with no conditions you can petition for a visa, you will be subject to the visa lottery and you will wait.

Not meaning this to be racial, but, USCIS stated to me that the Phillipienes (sp?) are #1 in Visa Fraud, so you might be fighting an uphill battle. They know that not all Visa'a are fraudulent, but that was a statement made to me by some one in Congressional relations in the USCIS.

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Timeline

not really sure how many responses you are going to get when everyone is struggling to get their own Visa.

To answer your question, once you are a LPR with no conditions you can petition for a visa, you will be subject to the visa lottery and you will wait.

Not meaning this to be racial, but, USCIS stated to me that the Phillipienes (sp?) are #1 in Visa Fraud, so you might be fighting an uphill battle. They know that not all Visa'a are fraudulent, but that was a statement made to me by some one in Congressional relations in the USCIS.

oh ok thanks for the advice or for your note, i appreciate it.

Timeline
Your aunt can probably come here to work in about 15 or 20 years. I'm sure the backlog on visa applications to come here for distant relatives is probablty running that far behind.

thanks, she is just asking me about it and i dont know what to tell her, she is expecting me to help her since she help me too when i was in school and i think this is my turn to help her

Filed: Timeline

Based on this an aunt wouldn't even qualify for a family based visa.

FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCES

First : Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Citizens: 23,400 plus any numbers not required for fourth preference.

Second : Spouses and Children, and Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Permanent

Residents: 114,200, plus the number (if any) by which the worldwide family preference level exceeds 226,000, and any unused first preference numbers:

A. Spouses and Children: 77% of the overall second preference limitation, of which 75% are exempt from the per-country limit;

B. Unmarried Sons and Daughters (21 years of age or older): 23% of the overall second preference limitation.

Third : Married Sons and Daughters of Citizens: 23,400, plus any numbers not required by first and second preferences.

Fourth : Brothers and Sisters of Adult Citizens: 65,000, plus any numbers not required by first three preferences.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin...letin_3032.html

Phillipines priority dates

1st 10/01/1991

2A 04/22/2001

2B 07/22/1996

3rd 08/01/1990

4th 04/01/1984

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.