Laura_and_IanM

barcode on ds-156

9 posts in this topic

Now Ian is worried about the barcode not being on the Non Immigrant Visa application. Form DS-156. Is there suppose to be one on there or no? There wasn't one on there when the Embassy sent us the original packet 3. What do we do???

Thanks again guys...

LJ

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I pulled my copies from my K3 and the barcode space just says barcode. There are no numbers associated in this field. I would go to visa pro like I suggested earlier and download an updated from and fill it in and submit it. Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Follow this link: http://evisaforms.state.gov/ fill out the electronic form online and click continue at the bottom of the form to print, it will enter your data in to the system and generate the bar coded form for you.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Ok that is great guys, but my question is...do you need the barcode??????

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

I didn't need the barcode... The forms the embassy sent me didn't have it on so I just filled those out and sent them back. I don't think many embassies are bothered about them - don't worry!

AOS/EAD

11/15/2006 NOA1 for EAD and AOS

12/1/2006 Received RFE Grrrrrrrrr

12/2/2006 Biometrics

12/8/2006 Sent back RFE

1/26/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered

1/31/2007 EAD Card received

3/6/2007 INTERVIEW - FBI namecheck

3/26/2007 NOA1 for AP

4/30/2007 AOS APPROVED

5/7/2007 Green Card Arrived!

-

2/12/09 Mailed Removal of Conditions

3/10/09 Bio Appt

-

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Check with your embassy. Some have changed that rules that effective November 1 forms have to be generated online with barcodes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I didnt use the electronic form neither i just hand filled in the one the embassy sent with no barcode - the barcode is there for them to scan your form and automatically allocate that form to your file. It doesnt matter if you have it or not - as they will manually input your details - the barcode is supposed to help them to deal with your case faster but I dont really think it makes much difference.

Lina

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
From the London Embassy site:

* The visa application form DS-156 must be filled out on-line.

* Failure to complete the 2D bar coded form will delay your application for a visa.

* Do not complete blank or unprocessed data input forms by hand. Unprocessed data input pages or data input pages completed by hand will not be accepted.

* The information that you submit is not stored anywhere. It is also not submitted to the Embassy electronically. It is only used to generate a barcode.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/...electronic.html

Hope this is informative. ;)

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

NO you dont "need" the barcode, The electronic version of that form puts a barcode on before you print it out, but you can just fill out the one they sent you, i think the barcode just makes it easier for the staff at the embassy, rather than having to tpye the info into the system, they just scan the barcode!!

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.