JinxSOJO

Advice/Options waiting on NOA2

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all,

I am hoping someone more knowledgeable than myself can give me some advice or options on how to proceed given the following situation.

My I-129F application hit the 5 month mark today since the NOA1. I called the USCIS nationwide line at 1-800-375-5283 and proceeded through the system until I reached a customer service representative.

She was pleasant with me and answered my questions to the best of her knowledge. She was starting the process to open a service request for me when she came back and told me the following:

CSC is backlogged and is only processing applications for June 16. So, she told me she can't open a service request given that information. I asked her if CSC is reporting that they are processing application from June 16, why are there applications submitted in late July (15th-22nd) that are being approved. She couldn't/wouldn't answer that question and offered to transfer me to secondary customer support.

I was transferred to Officer Lopez. She was also pleasant but unhelpful. She re-iterated the processing time of June 16th and that she couldn't open a service request because of that. When I asked her why applications from right around my NOA1 time are getting approved, she responded that some officers work faster than others and my application must be in a stack of someone who is behind/slow/something else. Since I don't know enough of the inner workings of the CSC, I have no way to refute this claim.

So, my hope is that someone on Visa Journey can give me some helpful advice or options. Or even just a sympathetic ear. I am really hoping there are some more options to pursue to get our application approved. Please help VJ'ers!

Thank you for taking the time to read! :) And MANY thanks for any advice or help! :)

Cliff notes:

CSC - I-129F - NOA1 on July 20th - 5 month mark today

USCIS customer service says CSC only at June 16th for processing so won't open a service request

VJ'ers reporting approvals from NOA1's around my application (July 18 to July 21)

secondary support says that our application is just unlucky and stuck on a slow officer's desk

Options? Advice? Is that really the way it works at the processing centers?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Learn some new drinking songs and kick back the ride isn't over yet.

5 months is nothing more then a number in the wind ... not a deadline.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

yes sadly it is the way it works and there is nothing you can do about it. it could be worse though... you could of been waiting for 7-8 months like quite a few others have been waiting so far :)

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

I love Hank _ Amy's response.........and unfortunately there is no science to making it happen faster ;(

They should just have automated messages because the actual reps have no info, as you experienced.

Wait till next week and call again, or call tomorrow and see if someone else can assist. Anything is worth a try. In my experience....I have had good results when calling back and speaking to a different person. But, that's just my opinion.

Married: 6/17/11

I-130 Sent: 7/9/11

NOA1 : 7/14/11

I-129F Sent: 7/21/11

NOA1: 7/21/11

NOA2: 8/22/11

NVC Received: 8/24/11

NVC Left: 8/26/11

Consulate Received: 9/5/11

Packet 4 Received: 10/4/11

Medical Done: 11/7/11

Interview: 11/23/11

Approved: 11/23/11

Changed to CR1: 12/16/11

Medical Re-Done: 1/5/12

Waiting for Issuance of Visa.........

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hello all,

I am hoping someone more knowledgeable than myself can give me some advice or options on how to proceed given the following situation.

My I-129F application hit the 5 month mark today since the NOA1. I called the USCIS nationwide line at 1-800-375-5283 and proceeded through the system until I reached a customer service representative.

She was pleasant with me and answered my questions to the best of her knowledge. She was starting the process to open a service request for me when she came back and told me the following:

CSC is backlogged and is only processing applications for June 16. So, she told me she can't open a service request given that information. I asked her if CSC is reporting that they are processing application from June 16, why are there applications submitted in late July (15th-22nd) that are being approved. She couldn't/wouldn't answer that question and offered to transfer me to secondary customer support.

I was transferred to Officer Lopez. She was also pleasant but unhelpful. She re-iterated the processing time of June 16th and that she couldn't open a service request because of that. When I asked her why applications from right around my NOA1 time are getting approved, she responded that some officers work faster than others and my application must be in a stack of someone who is behind/slow/something else. Since I don't know enough of the inner workings of the CSC, I have no way to refute this claim.

So, my hope is that someone on Visa Journey can give me some helpful advice or options. Or even just a sympathetic ear. I am really hoping there are some more options to pursue to get our application approved. Please help VJ'ers!

Thank you for taking the time to read! :) And MANY thanks for any advice or help! :)

Cliff notes:

USCIS customer service says CSC only at June 16th for processing so won't open a service request

VJ'ers reporting approvals from NOA1's around my application (July 18 to July 21)

secondary support says that our application is just unlucky and stuck on a slow officer's desk

Do a service request (reason being after 5 months y calling the uscis) DIDNT WORK FOR ME, GOT THE SAME INFO I KNOW, "PENDING"

Do an infopass (dont kno how that works lol i didnt do that ) some ppl saw results

DO A CONGRESSMAN'S INQUIRY! Find your local congressman's office and call n visit to give them permission to inquire on your behalf; worked for many VJ'ers saw an approval same or next day. they person at my office said if i didnt hear back anything within 5 days. she'd call again but it wasnt needed (check out my timeline)

write them an email saying its over the 5 months mark, CSC.NCSCFollowup@uscis.dhs.gov. Be sure to provide all info, about ur case, i.e case receipt no. names DOBs etc (just got a reply today from a lady, "Linda" saying it was approved. emails them on Dec 7th and the inquiry with the congressman was made the 8th so her email was sooo late but at least we see they do check emails and get back to us)

Last option is to sit and wait my pet (but we aggressive ppl cant ever do that haha)

best of luck

Ro

Jun 02, 2011- Applied for I-129F (I-129F) Visa

USCIS

Jun 08, 2011- NOA1 Received I-129F

Jun 13, 2011- USCIS Acceptance confirmation (via Email)

Jun 16, 2011- Received NOA1 Hardcopy

Nov 15, 2011- Put in Service Request (Over 5months)

Nov 23, 2011- Response via email to SR (case "Pending")

Nov 28, 2011- Wrote letter to My district's Representative thru webpage (Gregory Meeks)

Dec 02, 2011- Went to the Local Reps office to have them look into the case further

Dec 07, 2011- Wrote email to the vermont service center ( the got back to me Dec 20, of course to tell me I was approved due to the congressman's inquiry)

Dec 08, 2011- Congressman/Local Rep's inquiry made

Dec 09, 2011- USCIS Text/Email with approval (NOA2) 6 months and 2 days

Dec 14, 2011- Receive NOA2 Hardcopy

NVC

Dec 14, 2011 NVC Received -Got Case number(YAY)

Dec 16, 2012 NVC Left

Consulate

Dec 28, 2011 Consulate Received Case

Dec 28, 2011 Packet 3 Received (via email upon my request)

Dec 29, 2011 Packet 3 Sent

Jan 05, 2012 Packet 4 Received

Jan 25, 2012 Interview

Jan 28, 2012 VISA IN HAND! Yay!

Feb 18, 2012 Hand in hand; NYC Bound to enjoy the COLD with me....staying warm of course *wink wink* \

Mar 24, 2012 OUR BIG DAY

May 07, 2012 Mailed AOS, EAD and AP( Express 2 day )

May 09, 2012 Packet received and signed for

May 11, 2012 Email/Text receipt

God you know my heart and its desire, I'll wait for your time :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do a service request (reason being after 5 months y calling the uscis) DIDNT WORK FOR ME, GOT THE SAME INFO I KNOW, "PENDING"

Do an infopass (dont kno how that works lol i didnt do that ) some ppl saw results

DO A CONGRESSMAN'S INQUIRY! Find your local congressman's office and call n visit to give them permission to inquire on your behalf; worked for many VJ'ers saw an approval same or next day. they person at my office said if i didnt hear back anything within 5 days. she'd call again but it wasnt needed (check out my timeline)

write them an email saying its over the 5 months mark, CSC.NCSCFollowup@uscis.dhs.gov. Be sure to provide all info, about ur case, i.e case receipt no. names DOBs etc (just got a reply today from a lady, "Linda" saying it was approved. emails them on Dec 7th and the inquiry with the congressman was made the 8th so her email was sooo late but at least we see they do check emails and get back to us)

Last option is to sit and wait my pet (but we aggressive ppl cant ever do that haha)

best of luck

Ro

The 5 months mark is a dead horse, they are not working under that guideline now, 16 June is the number handed out, everything you suggested, including the Congressman, will run into the 16 June "wall". The 5 month mark no longer applies to CSC at the moment.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

best of luck

Ro

none of that will work because CSC are working on june 16th petitions and not 5 month any more. a congressman will be told the exact same thing.

all the OP can do is call back every so often and as soon as they told that CSC is back on 5 months then they can put in a service request

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Good friends of ours had to wait 10 months before approval. No RFEs, nothing, just had to wait.

They are happily together and love each other very much.

If they could wait it out, you can too.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Don't stress out. We received ours in our 7th month.. it'll happen you just have to wait. :)

Hello all,

Cliff notes:

Lama
-------------------------------------------------------

Oct 2010 - April 2012 (18 months) for K1 Visa process and AP

April 4, 2012 - Married in the USA!

Dec 2012 - Hubby gets greencard (conditional)

If you hare having problems with administrative processing, feel free to send me a message.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for all of the responses so far. I was afraid that was the case that waiting was my best option. But, it never hurts to ask :)

@Ro, thanks for the tips. I contacted my congressman's office today. Figured it doesn't hurt to get the ball rolling on that front to get them involved as soon as it is possible and/or feasible.

I understand there are people waiting longer than me. I am not asking for special treatment. But, I also think adding my voice to those that are waiting and not satisfied with the current system might help push it towards change at some point. The USCIS could make some changes that would make our life and their life easier. (yes, it would require money up front but would save them MORE in the long run and bring their processes into the 21st century ;) heh)

Edited by JinxSOJO

Timeline

FYI - If someone has something I could try, I would be more than willing to make an attempt...within legal bounds that is :) lol!

try sending CSC a nice christmas present :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My answer - wait another 30 days. Then check it again.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline

The 5 months mark is a dead horse, they are not working under that guideline now, 16 June is the number handed out, everything you suggested, including the Congressman, will run into the 16 June "wall". The 5 month mark no longer applies to CSC at the moment.

none of that will work because CSC are working on june 16th petitions and not 5 month any more. a congressman will be told the exact same thing.

all the OP can do is call back every so often and as soon as they told that CSC is back on 5 months then they can put in a service request

Whoops, wasnt aware that CSC was not at normal processing time but :bonk: gracias....so OP, best you can do in my opinion to hang in there and check when they are back at the 5 months mark and try the congressional inquiry, Doesnt hurt to try hey..... thats just me. worked for me so I'm happy to encourage ya. I wouldnt do the "service request" I havent seen it to be rewarding much in reading prev post and it takes longer.

Ro

Thank you for all of the responses so far. I was afraid that was the case that waiting was my best option. But, it never hurts to ask :)

@Ro, thanks for the tips. I contacted my congressman's office today. Figured it doesn't hurt to get the ball rolling on that front to get them involved as soon as it is possible and/or feasible.

I understand there are people waiting longer than me. I am not asking for special treatment. But, I also think adding my voice to those that are waiting and not satisfied with the current system might help push it towards change at some point. The USCIS could make some changes that would make our life and their life easier. (yes, it would require money up front but would save them MORE in the long run and bring their processes into the 21st century ;) heh)

:thumbs:

try sending CSC a nice christmas present :)

Not a bad idea....lol :)

ALL THE BEST,

RO

Jun 02, 2011- Applied for I-129F (I-129F) Visa

USCIS

Jun 08, 2011- NOA1 Received I-129F

Jun 13, 2011- USCIS Acceptance confirmation (via Email)

Jun 16, 2011- Received NOA1 Hardcopy

Nov 15, 2011- Put in Service Request (Over 5months)

Nov 23, 2011- Response via email to SR (case "Pending")

Nov 28, 2011- Wrote letter to My district's Representative thru webpage (Gregory Meeks)

Dec 02, 2011- Went to the Local Reps office to have them look into the case further

Dec 07, 2011- Wrote email to the vermont service center ( the got back to me Dec 20, of course to tell me I was approved due to the congressman's inquiry)

Dec 08, 2011- Congressman/Local Rep's inquiry made

Dec 09, 2011- USCIS Text/Email with approval (NOA2) 6 months and 2 days

Dec 14, 2011- Receive NOA2 Hardcopy

NVC

Dec 14, 2011 NVC Received -Got Case number(YAY)

Dec 16, 2012 NVC Left

Consulate

Dec 28, 2011 Consulate Received Case

Dec 28, 2011 Packet 3 Received (via email upon my request)

Dec 29, 2011 Packet 3 Sent

Jan 05, 2012 Packet 4 Received

Jan 25, 2012 Interview

Jan 28, 2012 VISA IN HAND! Yay!

Feb 18, 2012 Hand in hand; NYC Bound to enjoy the COLD with me....staying warm of course *wink wink* \

Mar 24, 2012 OUR BIG DAY

May 07, 2012 Mailed AOS, EAD and AP( Express 2 day )

May 09, 2012 Packet received and signed for

May 11, 2012 Email/Text receipt

God you know my heart and its desire, I'll wait for your time :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Learn some new drinking songs and kick back the ride isn't over yet.

5 months is nothing more then a number in the wind ... not a deadline.

:rofl: i would say give it till after the holidays hopefully you should hear something good then.

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.