hisandherslove

The govt has fixed it's error in record time

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Last Tuesday we went for my husbands interview and were told that he had a removal order against him. We were shocked because we've been out of the country. Needless to say...the Consulate sent us on our way with all of our documents and his passport while they researched his case. I got an email today-5 business days later, saying that the problem has been fixed and we need to make another appointment to drop off his passport for them to issue his visa! We are so excited! We can't wait to get back to the USofA and settle down!!! Thanks for the advice on this forum. I'm so relieved that we did not need a waiver and that the govt was able to correct it's error in such a timely manner!

Filed: Timeline

Congratulations!! Sorry for the stupid question but what exactly is a removal order?

He had been deported, according to the Consular that we did our interview with. We have been married 5 yrs. We lived in the US for 2 yrs and we did not remove the conditions on the green card because we were moving back to his country. He's never been in any legal trouble or anything like that, but apparently the US Embassy that he turned his green card in at, did not follow through on the process, so he came up in the system as being in the US illegal-I guess. We now know that the govt "deported him" even though we were overseas and knew nothing about this process against him. The Consular was confused by the whole mess as well and told us that they would have to research the case and get back to me. Everyone was saying that it would take a while, so 5 days is such a great feeling! It does suck that we have to spend quite a bit more money to go back to the Embassy to drop off his passport, especially when it was a govt error in the first place, but we'll do what we've got to do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

He had been deported, according to the Consular that we did our interview with. We have been married 5 yrs. We lived in the US for 2 yrs and we did not remove the conditions on the green card because we were moving back to his country. He's never been in any legal trouble or anything like that, but apparently the US Embassy that he turned his green card in at, did not follow through on the process, so he came up in the system as being in the US illegal-I guess. We now know that the govt "deported him" even though we were overseas and knew nothing about this process against him. The Consular was confused by the whole mess as well and told us that they would have to research the case and get back to me. Everyone was saying that it would take a while, so 5 days is such a great feeling! It does suck that we have to spend quite a bit more money to go back to the Embassy to drop off his passport, especially when it was a govt error in the first place, but we'll do what we've got to do.

Wow what huge mistake on their part. The good thing is that everything has been cleared and your husband will be getting his visa. I wish you guys the best!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.