VJwith Love

VERY DEPRESSED BADLY NEED HELP

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

yeah..that's what my fiance said so..he doesn't like the coldness in other states during winter:)

Whole different story once summer arrives! :o !!

:rofl:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Get married and start the process over with a CR-1. The CR-1 does not have the income requirements attached to it.

That is not correct. For CR1, the petitioner must be over the 125% poverty level as well for family size.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Get married and start the process over with a CR-1. The CR-1 does not have the income requirements attached to it.

CR1 does have income requirements attached to it.

During the time when I filed for CR1, I was unemployed. I used my grandmother as a co-sponsor, and it was accepted by NVC.

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate: Bogota, Colombia

Marriage: 2010-07-21

I-130 Sent: 2010-10-02

I-130 NOA1: 2010-10-10

I-130 Approved: 2010-11-22

NVC Received Payments: 06-23-2011

NVC Rejected Packet Due to Errors: 06-30-2011

NVC Packet Resent: 2011-09-01

NVC Received: 2011-09-19

Case Completed: 2011-09-21

5 Day trip to see my wife...chevere!: 10/27/2011

Trip Ends, sad goodbye 11/2/2011

Interview Date Appointed 11/2/2011

Medical Exam 12/15/2011

Interview Date 12/22/2011

(Approved!)

Wife comes home 01/19/12

Nov. 22nd 2010...Thus began the immigration nightmare...AGAIN

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was approvad for K1, even though my income was questionable. The USCIS recommended I either send more documentation of my work or get a co-sponsor. I opted for a co-sponsor and had no problems at the interview. He didn't even ask about my work. So I believe a co-sponsor is perfectly acceptable for a K1.GL!

Timeline

I was approvad for K1, even though my income was questionable. The USCIS recommended I either send more documentation of my work or get a co-sponsor. I opted for a co-sponsor and had no problems at the interview. He didn't even ask about my work. So I believe a co-sponsor is perfectly acceptable for a K1.GL!

OMG really? I'm thinking of using a cosponsor too but I've read here that there has been cases that they didn't allow co-sponsorhip. Who was the co-sponsor btw? Did you meet the income requirements?

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It does not matter how you are paid, cash, cheque, direct deposit, it matters what you are paid.

Pay cheques and a letter from the employers stating his income should suffice.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

thank you so much..for the taking time to reply here :) God bless :)

It does not matter how you are paid, cash, cheque, direct deposit, it matters what you are paid.

Pay cheques and a letter from the employers stating his income should suffice.

thank you so much :) God bless

I can't seem to message you here ..I'm hoping I could add you somewhere else where we can talk better :)

Oops...my mailbox was full...but now you can PM me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Here's the problem with his bank statements, since they are paid half check and half cash, so only half goes thru the bank which means reflect a small amount of balance in his bank statements because he has all the half of it in cash with him. He only have 9,700 in his bank and the 8000 in cash with him.

Put the cash in the bank.

Show the bank statement.

Have letter reflecting amounts from the employer

and then

show all to CO.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

It doesn't surprise me that the CO decided you might become a public charge in the U.S. It appears that you are missing two very important pieces of evidence. You are missing a letter from his employer, and also you are missing current paycheck stubs which accurately reflect his income. Without this evidence, I don't think you can overcome the public charge issue.

One solution is to get a letter from his employer which accurately states his wages, and to have his employer start paying your fiancé's entire earnings by check. After a couple of months, submit these to the Embassy in order to show them that his current sustained income is above 125% of the poverty line. That way, he can qualify on his own and won't need a cosponsor.

Your fiancé's employer fears an investigation. That's because they are hiding something, and that means it's time for your fiancée to play hardball. Have your fiancé demand that his employer end the cash payments. From now on, his entire earnings must be paid by check. Also demand an employer's letter. Let the employer know that if they don't do it, then he will report their payroll irregularities to the authorities.

If he fears of losing his job by reporting his employer's payroll irregularities, he can also declare his cash payments as self employed derived income. He will have to pay taxes out of his own pocket on that income though. Also, if you want to push his income higher I would suggest declaring more self employed cash income. You're basically declaring more cash than he actually has, but again he will pay A LOT in taxes, but it will push his income higher.

Let him talk to an accountant that can help him overcome this issue.

Vermont Service Center

US Embassy In Manila, The Philippines

I-129F Sent: 2011-04-25

I-129F NOA1: 2011-04-26

I-129F NOA2: 2011-09-29

NVC Received:2011-09-29

NVC Left: 2011-10-18

Consulate Received: 2011-11-03

Packet 3 Received: 2011-11-07

Interview Date: 2011-11-23

Interview Result: Approved!

Timeline

Show the bank statement.

and then

show all to CO.

The problem with him putting cash in the bank is that the CO will not bother looking at his bank statement simply because he has not maintained his bank account throughout the year, but instead made one lump deposit. They will look at that with suspicion and more likely ignore it completely. He needs to maintain his bank account for at least 1 year with regular deposits/withdrawals.

Vermont Service Center

US Embassy In Manila, The Philippines

I-129F Sent: 2011-04-25

I-129F NOA1: 2011-04-26

I-129F NOA2: 2011-09-29

NVC Received:2011-09-29

NVC Left: 2011-10-18

Consulate Received: 2011-11-03

Packet 3 Received: 2011-11-07

Interview Date: 2011-11-23

Interview Result: Approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Agreed ! But is it just as good to show a photo of him showing the cash in hand, in hand?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Show the bank statement.

and then

show all to CO.

this is exactly what we already have prepared...prayerful that the CO will accept this time :)

Timeline

The problem with him putting cash in the bank is that the CO will not bother looking at his bank statement simply because he has not maintained his bank account throughout the year, but instead made one lump deposit. They will look at that with suspicion and more likely ignore it completely. He needs to maintain his bank account for at least 1 year with regular deposits/withdrawals.

his bank account is maintained for 1 whole year..with good records of deposits and expenses which all is accordance to the breakdown of salary that his employer has given him :)

Timeline

To every one who took time to reply in my thread....God knows how grateful I am for every single reply I got here... and I took into consideration everything said :)

As of now, we are already waiting for his 1 whole year bank statement with good records of deposits and expenses which we will have next week by Monday, all in respect to the breakdown of salary that his employer given him from the time he was employed with them, amended affidavit of support for his 2011 income, recent pay checks, and an updated letter from his employer with a clear breakdown of his income :)

Praying that all we have prepared will be accepted by the CO this time with his kindest heart of consideration :)

Thank you all once again...and God bless us all ALWAYS :)

Edited by VJwith Love

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.