seattleasawa

Visa Interview Rescheduling

15 posts in this topic

Hey VJers,

Due to unforeseen circumstances my wife was unable to meet her Visa interview today because of a medical holdup. She has an appointment at St. Luke's on December 8th, and hopefully she will get final approval that day. St. Luke's said they will reschedule her Visa appointment for her. Has anyone here experienced St. Luke's rescheduling for them? I know it will depend on case load, but what is the typical waiting period between final medical approval and the rescheduled Visa appointment?

I only ask these questions because we are in a very tight window. I fly back from the Philippines on January 3rd, and would like to have two extra people coming back with me.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Should have, could have, would have.

I would have still made the visa appt. they would have held things until the medical arrived then released the visa.

Now for sure I would make sure that another appointment gets made.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey VJers,

Due to unforeseen circumstances my wife was unable to meet her Visa interview today because of a medical holdup. She has an appointment at St. Luke's on December 8th, and hopefully she will get final approval that day. St. Luke's said they will reschedule her Visa appointment for her. Has anyone here experienced St. Luke's rescheduling for them? I know it will depend on case load, but what is the typical waiting period between final medical approval and the rescheduled Visa appointment?

I only ask these questions because we are in a very tight window. I fly back from the Philippines on January 3rd, and would like to have two extra people coming back with me.

my friend took about 2 months, her problem was St. Lukes found out that there was a small spot on her left lung,they gave her medicine and did sputum test afterward... well it depends upon the reason of her medical holdup.

Flyhighrtr: It's not for the sputum test, so she will likely (fingers crossed) be cleared on December 8th. I'm hoping the interview will happen before December 20th, that's when I figure they won't get the Visa done before the New Year. Still looking for insight the typical time delay on St. Luke's rescheduling.

Timeline

I dunno what you mean why your question "trust St. Lukes?"

We don't have a choice. They are one of the most premiere hospital here and I believe they do excellent job that's why USEM chose them over any other hospitals.

It has been advised several times over to not arrange any flight schedule, give up job etc until the visa is at hand. A lot of things can happen. There are peeps here than sometimes wait for 3 weeks for their visa to arrive after the interview.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Teapotgurl, I am not questioning St. Luke's medical expertise. I am skeptical that they will reschedule the Visa interview in a timely fashion, and whether I should attempt to do it ourselves. I haven't made any flight arrangements yet, but I would like to.

Timeline

Teapotgurl, I am not questioning St. Luke's medical expertise. I am skeptical that they will reschedule the Visa interview in a timely fashion, and whether I should attempt to do it ourselves. I haven't made any flight arrangements yet, but I would like to.

We are not clear what's the reschedule for so we are all guessing here. You don't know if it's for psychiatric evaluation test either so MAYBE, that's the only time when their psychiatrist is around.

For typical medical examination, some peeps here just show up there unannounced. You schedule for your own visa interview at the embassy. St. Lukes won't do it for you if that's what you mean.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Timeline

We are not clear what's the reschedule for so we are all guessing here. You don't know if it's for psychiatric evaluation test either so MAYBE, that's the only time when their psychiatrist is around.

For typical medical examination, some peeps here just show up there unannounced. You schedule for your own visa interview at the embassy. St. Lukes won't do it for you if that's what you mean.

The rescheduling she is talking of is for her interview at USEM, not the hospital. She is asking if she should schedule another interview at USEM or trust that St. Luke's will re-schedule. :wacko:

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

The rescheduling she is talking of is for her interview at USEM, not the hospital. She is asking if she should schedule another interview at USEM or trust that St. Luke's will re-schedule. :wacko:

I only got 4hrs of sleep, comprehension much :lol:

Will St. Lukes really do that? I mean you can get your own schedule in 5minutes, here. Now.

interview scheduling

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Timeline

Flyhighrtr: It's not for the sputum test, so she will likely (fingers crossed) be cleared on December 8th. I'm hoping the interview will happen before December 20th, that's when I figure they won't get the Visa done before the New Year. Still looking for insight the typical time delay on St. Luke's rescheduling.

I would wait till December 8th to see the results and since you're currently in The Philippines, go back with her and inquire about the visa interview date that St. Luke's will supposedly set up for you. I've heard from people that December interview slots have already been filled up, so if St. Luke's can squeeze you in I would go with them.

I highly doubt she will get her visa in hand before January 3rd though, considering all the holidays in December and New Years, pretty much all government offices shut down around that time. Plus, she still has to deal with CFO.

Vermont Service Center

US Embassy In Manila, The Philippines

I-129F Sent: 2011-04-25

I-129F NOA1: 2011-04-26

I-129F NOA2: 2011-09-29

NVC Received:2011-09-29

NVC Left: 2011-10-18

Consulate Received: 2011-11-03

Packet 3 Received: 2011-11-07

Interview Date: 2011-11-23

Interview Result: Approved!

Timeline

I highly doubt she will get her visa in hand before January 3rd though, considering all the holidays in December and New Years, pretty much all government offices shut down around that time. Plus, she still has to deal with CFO.

:thumbs:

Today is November 30 Bonifacio day,

December 25 Christmas day

December 30 Rizal day,

Jan 1 New Years day

Happy New Year!

In the old days, St. Lukes would reschedule Embassy interviews. Now it's my understanding that when there is an issue with the medical, you are responsible for rescheduling your own Embassy interview.

However, I saw a report here on VJ where St. Lukes rescheduled an interview for someone, and the rescheduled interview was only two days after the medical was completed. At the time I read about it, I remember thinking that St. Lukes still must have some pull with the Embassy if they can schedule an interview so quickly. If the person had rescheduled it on their own, I'm fairly certain that they would not have been able to get an interview that soon.

Talk to St. Lukes. They may be able to help you. Good luck! :star:

Timeline

That was my friend told me.. if it's not sputum test maybe you knew a lot more better. Pray Harder maybe in God's time he will give you what your heart desires.that's the only thing i can advice. Good luck too!!! :ot::innocent::whistle:

Timeline

That's what my friend told me.. if it's not sputum test maybe you knew a lot more better. Pray Harder maybe in God's time he will give you what your heart desires.that's the only thing i can advice. Good luck too!!! :ot::innocent::whistle:

Timeline

I only got 4hrs of sleep, comprehension much :lol:

Will St. Lukes really do that? I mean you can get your own schedule in 5minutes, here. Now.

interview scheduling

Ya I don't know if St. Luke's does re-scheduling or not, but I read that in another posting just today that St. Lukes is re-scheduling. I for sure would at least do a follow up somehow if that were the case.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.