Sfv23

wife planning to abandon me. please help

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. Im new here and I just wanna see if I can get any suggestions and any opinion about my status before, or If I even need, to get an atty. Im married for almost a year now

(got my GC good til oct2012) and everything was running smooth and ok until I discovered my wife talking and messing with others guys. Worse part is she started using pot, which she knows is my number one not-to-do rule. Money issue was tolerable and she would always use our debit card for shopping and buying stupid stuff. Like any other normal couples, we would have petty quarrel once in a while, but things got worse after the cheating and pot issue. i tried working things out with here a lot but I guess things wont get better anymore as she moved back to her parent’s house (who feed her all these crazy suggestions as they don’t like me) and has no interest in coming back anymore. She acts crazy all the time and has mentioned divorce or abandoning me many times.

My question is, she is the usc but if she gives up on me and would file a divorce by next year and doesn’t wanna file tax with me as a married couple..what is the possible scenario that can happen when I file roc? Isn’t tax documents required to self support or can continue this ROC process and just file tax without her? Or divorce her and just do the waiver myself. I have pictures of her pot accessories, pictures of alcohol, saved text messages and bank accounts of numerous overdraft fees because of her.

kindly please help me.

Or divorce her and just do the waiver myself.

This. You just need to show you entered the marriage in good faith and not for immigration purposes.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Yeah we did..in good faith. But what do I need to do? With whats goin on between us, theres no way shes coming back and fix things between us. I doubt she will help me. of course,i would like that to make this work but she wont cooperate. So im thinking before it gets worse, and she gets worse, I wont disagree if she offers divorce. whats shes been doing to me is too much. I just wanna save myself too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah we did..in good faith. But what do I need to do? With whats goin on between us, theres no way shes coming back and fix things between us. I doubt she will help me. of course,i would like that to make this work but she wont cooperate. So im thinking before it gets worse, and she gets worse, I wont disagree if she offers divorce. whats shes been doing to me is too much. I just wanna save myself too.

You file as divorced with everything you have, include a letter as to the on-goings.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Country:
Timeline

You need proof that you co-mingled your lives. Prove the following (the big 2): You lived together, you pooled your money together.

That generally covers "Good faith" Marriage.

You will not need to prove why the marriage ended or even wait for her to file for divorce. You can separate yourself from her life now (get the above proof first), fiel for divorce and file to remove conditions based on the divorce waiver all without her. The joint tax filings have nothing to do with support, she signed the Affidavit of Support for you to get your conditional Greencard and that remains in effect. The Joint Taxes help prove 2 things: First you're meeting the legal requirement to file taxes as a LPR and second you're co-mingling finances. Individual tax filing meets the first and joint bank accounts or bills at the same address proves the second.

Edited by Bob 4 Anna

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.