Oahu&Amesbury

INS Making it up as they go along?

75 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

JohnandWendyB, don't know who you work for but thanks for your service. I also work for the gov and unfortunately, know all agencies are not like yours (or people in the agencies anyway). I’d love it if you were the one working on my case.

Timeline

Vent all you want...that's what we're all here for!! We've all been through it, its just that some people went through the process so long ago and are now reunited with their loved ones that they don't remember how terribly frustrating it is to have some government entity deciding your fate...and seemingly taking their time doing it.

It will happen....:yes:

Sorry, meant to reply to you earlier. I appreciate your support. Makes me happy to be here on VJ even amongst all the know-it-all's. Good luck to you!!!

I called 12 days ago. I got an email 6 days ago saying my case was being adjucated and we should get some kind of decision in the next 30 days. My noa1 date is June 16th. Hope my approval comes soon so they can do yours?

Thanks!! Good Luck to you!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

:wacko:

Vent all you want...that's what we're all here for!! We've all been through it, its just that some people went through the process so long ago and are now reunited with their loved ones that they don't remember how terribly frustrating it is to have some government entity deciding your fate...and seemingly taking their time doing it.

It will happen....:yes:

totally agree....it is frustrating and sometimes you just need to vent in hopes that we all can understand how it feels and try to be more compassionate with less sarcastic remarks that are so unnecessary... Yes we all have to wait until our day arrives but its still frustrating... ppl drive me crazy when they finally get through the whole process and then become so hard on others who are still waiting... This whole process drains you emotionally and is not cheap especially for those of us who had to hire attorneys ... I totally understand ...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your situation too. I pray for a quick resolution for your situation as well as mine.

I hope so too. Right now you need to prepare yourself for the interview process. And know just because the interview has been scheduled that doesn't mean the Visa will be approved right then and there. I am a perfect example of that. We have been waiting now 5 months since the interview and still don't know anything. USCIS doesn't get in any hurry to do anything so I can't stress to you the importance of patience. You will set yourself insane with worry.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your situation too. I pray for a quick resolution for your situation as well as mine.

Vent and never forget. This process is an insult to the USA. Always remember the way the Government has treated you and when you get the idea about Government run health care, think about this process. When the Government wants to get a stronger grip on education remember the way they handle immigration. When the next great solution comes from Governemnt, remember what you have been through and what you are about to go through.

When they drop all the rules for illegals, don't forget how you were handled. Don't even think about voting for a politician that wants to grant amensty to illegals when you have done it the right way. All of the USCIS apologist in VJ must not have any experience dealing with an efficient Government or business. There is no excuse for USCIS. It can be done better. There is no excuse at all for this system and I don't understand anyone that thinks there is.

I am going on almost 18 months now that this Government has separated my wife of 27 years and former green card holder from me and our youngest children. The last status was they lost our final paperwork we submitted last month and had to resubmit it a few days ago. That is just one of the many failures of the USCIS we have experienced, not to mention their original fatal error they made that caused all of our trouble.

Now that is a rant, but you need to get a dose of reality, something the typical USCIS(INS)apologist sometimes seem to forget.

Edited by wshc

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Vent and never forget. This process is an insult to the USA. Always remember the way the Government has treated you and when you get the idea about Government run health care, think about this process. When the Government wants to get a stronger grip on education remember the way they handle immigration. When the next great solution comes from Governemnt, remember what you have been through and what you are about to go through.

When they drop all the rules for illegals, don't forget how you were handled. Don't even think about voting for a politician that wants to grant amensty to illegals when you have done it the right way. All of the USCIS apologist in VJ must not have any experience dealing with an efficient Government or business. There is no excuse for USCIS. It can be done better. There is no excuse at all for this system and I don't understand anyone that thinks there is.

I am going on almost 18 months now that this Government has separated my wife of 27 years and former green card holder from me and our youngest children. The last status was they lost our final paperwork we submitted last month and had to resubmit it a few days ago. That is just one of the many failures of the USCIS we have experienced, not to mention their original fatal error they made that caused all of our trouble.

I am so sorry to hear this. You are absolutely right about what you are saying about USCIS. It is very difficult for us to deal with all of their errors and not to speak of the heartache that goes along with it. My prayers are with you and your loved ones...

Now that is a rant, but you need to get a dose of reality, something the typical USCIS(INS)apologist sometimes seem to forget.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sending prayers your way! It will come soon my friend.

03-21-2011 Mailed I-129F application.

03-22-2011 Packet received in Texas.

03-28-2011 NOA1 received in mail..then transfered to VSC

07-12-2011 NOA2!!! 107 days!(Date on notice letter: 7-12-2011; Recieved hardcopy in mail on: 7-15-2011)

07-29-2011 NVC Received Case

08-02-2011 NVC forwards to US Embassy Nicosia

08-10-2011 Packet 3 Received

08-16-2011 Packet 3 returned

08-17-2011 Medical completed

09-15-2011 Interview

09-15-2011 AP!! Ugh!

10-18-2011 Case left Nicosia for Lagos. (Our one year engagement anniversary)

10-24-2011 Case delivered in Lagos.

01-30-2012 Second interview

01-30-2012 Approved!

02-09-2012 Visa in Hand

02-11-2012 POE!! HOUSTON TX.

03-17-2012 MARRIED!

03-23-2012 AOS

04-17-2012 Biometrics Complete

Timeline

Wow!! Yes, that was a rant. I feel for you and hope you wife can come home real soon. I agree with you that our Government has lots of faults and mishandles lots of issues. I agree with you that this process is a slap in the face to good Americans. It’s funny that it seems the ones our laws are intended to keep out are able to get in quicker and easier than the ones we should invite. It’s sad that criminals often get more rights and benefits than good citizens that deserve it. But I also have to say, even as upset as I am with USCIS/INS, I still am glad to be American, and hope that you are too. Speak out when necessary to make our great nation even greater!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

As of Nov 22, my i29f app was 5 months in processing. The Goal set by INS and the day I could initiate a service inquiry (finally have someone check what the hold up is). I call on that day, they give me the run around and finally inform me that they can not initiate a service inquiry because target is no longer 5 months. They now have a target date of June 16th apps and they will only do service requests for apps received prior to June 16th. It has been 7 days since I was told this and that should make target date now June 23rd. I called this morning to start my service inquiry and was told target date is still June 16th. WTH?! Do they make this up as they go along. Is this how they make sure there is no recourse for tax paying American Citizens when they don't do there job? What good is are these targets if they keep changing them?

I suggest you give up on calling and trying emailing. The chances of you talking to someone who actually knows something via email are higher. And youre dealing with uscis, not ins

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

You are missing the point. They have a "goal" in which I can not make them do a "service inquiry". My RIGHT to find out why they are not processing my application as a TAX PAYING AMERICAN CITIZEN.

Do you think that other petitions has been submitted by american citizen that do not pay taxes or by citizen of other countries ?

Edited by kzielinski

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Do you think that other petitions has been submitted by american citizen that do not pay taxes or by citizen of other countries ?

Permanent Residents, citizens of other countries, CAN file petitions for relatives, but not for fiance(e)s. They are processed by the same people. 47% of Americans do not pay income tax so, YES, it is very likely the people ahead of you in line are NOT citizens and do not pay taxes. So what?

Each person that meets the qualifications has a RIGHT to have a petition adjudicated. It will be. It may not be adjudicated when you want it to be adjudicated. You will be patient and wait until it is. You can be happy that you have found a wonderful poerson to spend your life with and the knowledge that you are in the process of being together, or you can be misrable, whine, waste you time checking inaccurate websites that guess when your petition will be adjudicated (the correct answer is..."20 minutes after they take it out of the box")

Your choice. I busied myself preparing for my fiancee and the boys, doing things like getting education lined up, scholarships in place, silly stuff. Passes the time.

Heck, had my fiancee been from a VWP country I would have been having her visit much mnore often than I could go there, I did go to Ukraine 6 times between filing the petition ahd her arrival. Having a fiancee from a VWP country is hardly like having a foreign fiancee at all.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Even at info pass, they were rude and non responsive, stated time line is from when it was transferred etc. Have a cool one. You're in the club now.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

THE Government you all speak about is the one we all voted for......

.....you DID vote, correct?

Remember your treatment next time you vote!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

i had to laugh at this when i read it on wikipedia...

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is a component of the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS). It performs many administrative functions formerly carried out by the legacy United States Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), which was part of the Department of Justice. The stated priorities of the USCIS are to promote national security, to eliminate immigration case backlogs, and to improve customer services. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.