Aschenbecher

Sis wants to visit USA while my I-130 in processes.

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

Me and my wife are currently wating for NOA2, My wife filed for my CR1 visa back in July.

My question is, My younger sister you lives and works in UK wanted to visit some of her friends in USA.

Do you think its advisble for my wife to invite my sister over for a visit ? or does anyone think this might effect the outcome of our I-130 ?

Any help advise is appricated.

Thanks in advance.

5/1/2022 - Filed I-130 For Mom

5/1/2022 - NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Remember if she get denied of visa this will greatly affect your pending petition, they will assume she wants to use any means to get to USA. u can give it a try .....wish you the best.

sorry, i did't get your question well, your wife inviting your sister for visit has nothing to do with your pending petition as long as she have enough income to support. good luck!

The sister will need to be able to prove ties to her home country. Your wife or even you writing a letter inviting her will not do much good and the fact that you have an immigrant visa pending it might actually hurt your sister's chances of getting a visa. Your sister must prove strong ties to show she will return--this is typically ownership of property, a job, family--if she is young and single it will be very hard.

Have her apply for the tourist visa on her own and do not write an invitation letter. She can try and will only be out the cost of the visa application fee.

Good luck,

Dave

Timeline

ty both for your reply. so i am assuming if my wife invites my sis for a visit and sis is denied it could look badly on my i-130 app ? so better would be to allow my sis to visit herself as a tourist right ?

5/1/2022 - NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I think it is a common fallacy to assume that any invitation from a uscitizen, for a tourist visa for a foreign national - actually works.

EACH non-immigrant visa website on all US Embassy web portals are clear about the requirements for an applicant wishing to apply for a tourist visa.

'Sponsership' is non-existent. I beg of you to re-read the tourist visa section on any US Embassy web site, and learn a bit about 'strong ties to home country' and proving up of same.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I think it is a common fallacy to assume that any invitation from a uscitizen, for a tourist visa for a foreign national - actually works.

EACH non-immigrant visa website on all US Embassy web portals are clear about the requirements for an applicant wishing to apply for a tourist visa.

'Sponsership' is non-existent. I beg of you to re-read the tourist visa section on any US Embassy web site, and learn a bit about 'strong ties to home country' and proving up of same.

Good Luck !

ahh well thank you for your effort. However i must point out that you missed my point ,but it dont matter anymore.

5/1/2022 - NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

ahh well thank you for your effort. However i must point out that you missed my point ,but it dont matter anymore.

I think your real question was: If my sister is denied a tourist visa, will it reflect badly on my IR1/CR1 application? I think the answer is probably "no". To be safe, be prepared to discuss it in detail during your IR1/CR1 interview. She should also be prepared to discuss your pending IR1/CR1 application in detail during her tourist visa interview.

USCIS (128 days)

January 8, 2011: Mailed Petition for Alien Relative packet to USCIS.

February 1, 2011: Received Notice of Action 1.

May 16, 2011: Received Notice of Action 2. Case handed off to NVC.

NVC (41 days)

June 24, 2011: Mailed Affidavit of Support packet to NVC.

July 12, 2011: Received checklist letter 1.

(Long delay intentional; not counted in processing time.)

October 12, 2011: Mailed Immigrant Visa packet to NVC.

October 20, 2011: Received checklist letter 2.

October 26, 2011: Mailed checklist letter response packet to NVC.

November 4, 2011: Received interview letter. Case handed off to the consulate in KL.

Consulate

November 12, 2011: Completed medical exam.

November 19, 2011: Picked up results, everything clear.

December 1, 2011: Interview - approved!

December 8, 2011: Visa in hand.

POE and beyond

February 5, 2012: POE at JFK, no problems.

February 29, 2012: Applied for and received SSN from the local SSO.

April, 2012: Applied for and received state ID at the DMV.

(Slight delay, had to redo biometrics at the local service center.)

April, 2012: Conditional green card arrived!

Removal of conditions

2014 is right around the corner...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.