seattleasawa

St. Luke 1 week wait?

15 posts in this topic

Good Evening,

I am the husband of a Filipina who was told today by St. Luke's staff to come back December 8th for a "personal evaluation". My wife is extremely shy and didn't ask the person to clarify what that meant. I'm assuming they found something in her lung X-Rays and will do the Sputum test. Can anyone think of another reason they would bring her back a week later?

Unfortunately, her embassy interview was supposed to be this Thursday.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good Evening,

I am the husband of a Filipina who was told today by St. Luke's staff to come back December 8th for a "personal evaluation". My wife is extremely shy and didn't ask the person to clarify what that meant. I'm assuming they found something in her lung X-Rays and will do the Sputum test. Can anyone think of another reason they would bring her back a week later?

Has she been to an annulment? Because sounds like she will be having a psychiatric evaluation which is common to annulled applicants or those seen with marks of suicide attempts :)

God bless on your journey :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It could be an annulment. If not an annulment it could be that she has scars on her body (wraist, neck, arms etc..). Any scars that they deem as suspiciously like suicide attempts. They will order a psychological evaluation. They will charge her for the evaluation also.

She will need to be truthful and honest on all questions.

Good luck and God Bless

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

I agree with In God's Time and Wally Greene. :thumbs:

I believe the psychiatric evaluation at St. Lukes costs P1000.

I don't know how much they charge for the sputum collection, the smear tests, and the culture.

Thanks for the timely replies friends. My wife has never been married and she does have small scars on her arms and knees from a childhood motorcyle accident. They are not linear scars so they should be easy to explain if that was the holdup.

Hopefully it isn't the dreaded sputum test.

Timeline

They are also looking into the injection scars. Possible drug abuse history. Tattoo can be a problem too. I heard someone before that got denied because of tattoo, maybe her blood got infected or something.

Happy New Year!

Thanks for the timely replies friends. My wife has never been married and she does have small scars on her arms and knees from a childhood motorcyle accident. They are not linear scars so they should be easy to explain if that was the holdup.

Hopefully it isn't the dreaded sputum test.

I don't think it's for Sputum test. Never heard that term before for sputum test. I have heard of this many times for annulled marriages but as you stated, she has never been married.

Sooo, I'm thinking it's because of the scars. They may think she has suicidal tendencies. Search for "personal evaluation" on this site above,and you will see others who had to do this because of scars on their arms.

Sorry for you guy's....hope all goes well after this brief delay.

Timeline

Good Evening,

Good Luck to You both! hope all will be well after this short delay! Hang in there!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Thank you to everyone that helped me narrow down possible reasons for the personal evaluation. After talking to my wife I found out she indeed attempted suicide almost 7+ years ago. Talk about getting your world rocked.

Has anyone seen a VJ thread where someone attempted suicide, and WAS NOT professionally treated? I am curious whether the doctor(s) at St. Luke will require more than one visit to determine someone's mental status. I was hoping on bringing my wife and daughter home with me for the New Year. Thanks again!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes i know that it can be a shell shocker to find this out now. But there is hope! Its call being honest!! She needs to be honest completely with you first. This will help you to figure out how to guide you asawa in this process. Don't get mad at her and understand that she may have gone through a time in her life that was not stable or she was not able to deal with the problem.

As evidence she is still alive and you are in her life. Like I said complete honesty and love will help you and her through anything.

Ok now to the medical because my fiance had the same thing and it was stressful. After talking it over and researching and read other stories. Seeing how other got through this and those who fail and why, helped us on the pyschological exam.

She will need to explain to the doctor when it happen, why it happen and if she still feels that way now. Now the doctor will question her and make her feels as if she is lying or not telling the truth. This is done to test her will and esteem.

She needs to be strong and stick to her story. Assure the doctor that it was the past and she is over that stage in her life. They will make it seem as if they will make her wait. This will drive both of you crazy a little because you want to know if she passed or failed.

8 out 10 pass if they explain truthfully with confidence and do not waiver from the explanation.

After the doctor's evaluation they will contact her to either return for further evaluation or she will be asked to return to finish vaccinations and get the medical completed.

What helped us was praying preparing and planning. Staying confident and loving each other.

Here is a website with stories of medical and other visa experiences:

http://ducecoop.com/interview/

Remember these are their experiences not yours. So read them as guides and advise!!

As always let me know if you have any questions

God Bless and Good Luck!! It will work out :thumbs:

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

She will need to explain to the doctor when it happen, why it happen and if she still feels that way now. Now the doctor will question her and make her feels as if she is lying or not telling the truth. This is done to test her will and esteem.

She needs to be strong and stick to her story. Assure the doctor that it was the past and she is over that stage in her life. They will make it seem as if they will make her wait. This will drive both of you crazy a little because you want to know if she passed or failed.

8 out 10 pass if they explain truthfully with confidence and do not waiver from the explanation.

After the doctor's evaluation they will contact her to either return for further evaluation or she will be asked to return to finish vaccinations and get the medical completed.

:thumbs: :thumbs: ^^^ I especially like the bolded parts.

> If she hasn't been professionally treated, don't worry about it-- many others have passed the psych evaluation without it.

> The psych evaluation most likely will take one visit of less than an hour.

> Be honest.

> Stick to your story-- don't be intimidated by the doctor.

Best wishes. :star:

They are also looking into the injection scars. Possible drug abuse history. Tattoo can be a problem too. I heard someone before that got denied because of tattoo, maybe her blood got infected or something.

I don't think tattoos are an issue. I have 6 tattoos, one of them sexual and arguably scandalous, and the only question that the St. Luke's physician asked me was what my body art meant. I wasn't required to undergo psychological evaluation or additional blood tests.

USCIS

03/21/11 - I-130 petition sent

03/25/11 - NOA1

09/08/11 - NOA2

NVC

09/12/11 - Case received by NVC

09/29/11 - NVC case number generated

09/30/11 - Received DS-3032 and I-864 bill

10/02/11 - Paid I-864 bill and emailed DS-3032

10/03/11 - NVC accepted DS-3032

10/04/11 - Received IV bill/I-864 bill marked as paid

10/21/11 - Paid IV bill10/24/11 - IV bill marked as paid

11/03/11 - Mailed I-864 and DS-230 packages

11/04/11 - I-864 and DS-230 packages reached NVC

11/10/11 - Case completed

11/29/11 - Received interview appointment letter

SLEC/Manila Consulate

11/04/11 & 11/08/11 - Medical exam completed and passed

01/03/12 - Interview - Approved!

01/04/12 - Visa issued

01/09/12 - Visa received

US Entry

01/17/12 - POE: Honolulu; with connecting flight to San Francisco

02/09/12 - Applied for SSN at SSA office

02/11/12 - Welcome letter arrived in the mail

02/13/12 - 2-yr green card arrived in the mail

Removal of Conditions

12/09/13 - I-751 petition sent

12/11/13 - NOA1 receipt date

12/12/13 - Money order cashed

01/06/14 - Biometrics appointment

04/10/14 - RFE

07/03/14 - RFE response sent

07/22/14 - ROC approved!

07/31/14 - Estimated arrival of 10-year GC, according to USPS tracking

I don't think tattoos are an issue. I have 6 tattoos, one of them sexual and arguably scandalous, and the only question that the St. Luke's physician asked me was what my body art meant. I wasn't required to undergo psychological evaluation or additional blood tests.

I like scandals! :secret::o:whistle:

I like scandals! :secret::o:whistle:

So do I! :innocent::yes:

USCIS

03/21/11 - I-130 petition sent

03/25/11 - NOA1

09/08/11 - NOA2

NVC

09/12/11 - Case received by NVC

09/29/11 - NVC case number generated

09/30/11 - Received DS-3032 and I-864 bill

10/02/11 - Paid I-864 bill and emailed DS-3032

10/03/11 - NVC accepted DS-3032

10/04/11 - Received IV bill/I-864 bill marked as paid

10/21/11 - Paid IV bill10/24/11 - IV bill marked as paid

11/03/11 - Mailed I-864 and DS-230 packages

11/04/11 - I-864 and DS-230 packages reached NVC

11/10/11 - Case completed

11/29/11 - Received interview appointment letter

SLEC/Manila Consulate

11/04/11 & 11/08/11 - Medical exam completed and passed

01/03/12 - Interview - Approved!

01/04/12 - Visa issued

01/09/12 - Visa received

US Entry

01/17/12 - POE: Honolulu; with connecting flight to San Francisco

02/09/12 - Applied for SSN at SSA office

02/11/12 - Welcome letter arrived in the mail

02/13/12 - 2-yr green card arrived in the mail

Removal of Conditions

12/09/13 - I-751 petition sent

12/11/13 - NOA1 receipt date

12/12/13 - Money order cashed

01/06/14 - Biometrics appointment

04/10/14 - RFE

07/03/14 - RFE response sent

07/22/14 - ROC approved!

07/31/14 - Estimated arrival of 10-year GC, according to USPS tracking

Timeline

Me Three!!:rofl::thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.