sundarimudgirl

much older woman/younger man

88 posts in this topic

Thank you for all your help. It makes things a little clearer now. With everything I've told you do you believe that I have enough evidence to verify the relationship or do you think I need something more?

I am going to say this diplomatic, there was nothing wrong with your evidence whatever happen at the interview between your husband and the interviwer gave them cause to have doubt about his intent in the marriage. Start there.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

K1 applicants already have a harder time in India than marriage applicants. Your age difference is very unusual in India. Have you considered getting married and going the marriage visa route instead of the K1?

If you do the K1, you will need to provide a lot of evidence of family support and you might want to consider attending the interview.

If you are not of Indian descent, do some research on VJ because you will mostly likely be denied with a K1. There are several recent stories of visa denials for K1 out of New Delhi.

Just curious - why does it matter which consulate it is? BTW, we are in Kolkata. Is it a possibility there? I may even be able to rummage up some connections there.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am going to say this diplomatic, there was nothing wrong with your evidence whatever happen at the interview between your husband and the interviwer gave them cause to have doubt about his intent in the marriage. Start there.

I know everything that was asked in the interview. I don't think that there was a problem with the interview. I do know that my husband had applied for a work Visa 2 years prior to this petition. He works at a resort and a man from Florida came there to recruit workers to come to Florida on a work Visa. My husband was denied that Visa due to not making enough money to support himself while being here. I think that is where the red flag was put up. Whats your thought?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Just curious - why does it matter which consulate it is? BTW, we are in Kolkata. Is it a possibility there? I may even be able to rummage up some connections there.

I don't know what embassy you will interview with from Kolkata. The New Delhi embassy is particularly hard on K1 although Mumbai seems to have its issues too.

Bottom line - if you are engaged to an Indian, they will all expect you to have family permission and involvement. If you are not an Indian/Indian couple with an arranged marriage, they will most likely want proof that your families are aware and approve. It is best to have letters of support notarized so as to relieve any doubt that they are fraudulent. Come to the interview over-prepared and make sure you submit documents ahead of the interview and in an orderly fashion. They most likely won't look at anything new at the interview and if they can't easily locate a piece of information, they won't acknowledge it even if they have it in their possession.

It really is best to read the last few years of embassy reviews for India, paying special attention to cases that seem similar to yours with respect to age gaps, religion, ethnicity, etc. Then search on VJ for combinations of words like India and denied or AP or 221(g) and read what other people have to say.

You'll get more and better help if you complete your timeline and visa type so that we can tell what process you're going through and where you are in the process. :)

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

I know everything that was asked in the interview. I don't think that there was a problem with the interview. I do know that my husband had applied for a work Visa 2 years prior to this petition. He works at a resort and a man from Florida came there to recruit workers to come to Florida on a work Visa. My husband was denied that Visa due to not making enough money to support himself while being here. I think that is where the red flag was put up. Whats your thought?

It is the US govt objection when they are interviewing for migration thru marriage that the beneficary is not using the petitioner for false intent. They are there looking out for your best intrest, I know right now it doesn't seem that way. But that is what they are suppose to be doing. Now, a denied work visa would have no bearing on a migration visa.

You may know everything that was asked, but how did your husband answer them? If all was done truthfully and above baord, then you should be able to fly back thru the re-review of the petition without any problems. I know this waiting is hard, but right now it's all you'll can do. Just continue to live your life as a married couple and let the love grow stronger thru this trail.

Now today, I could offer up my hubby to you, since he has step on the wrong nerve today(lol), but I did marry him for better or worst. You will soon get to experience some of small wonders of married life.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I don't know what embassy you will interview with from Kolkata. The New Delhi embassy is particularly hard on K1 although Mumbai seems to have its issues too.

Bottom line - if you are engaged to an Indian, they will all expect you to have family permission and involvement. If you are not an Indian/Indian couple with an arranged marriage, they will most likely want proof that your families are aware and approve. It is best to have letters of support notarized so as to relieve any doubt that they are fraudulent. Come to the interview over-prepared and make sure you submit documents ahead of the interview and in an orderly fashion. They most likely won't look at anything new at the interview and if they can't easily locate a piece of information, they won't acknowledge it even if they have it in their possession.

It really is best to read the last few years of embassy reviews for India, paying special attention to cases that seem similar to yours with respect to age gaps, religion, ethnicity, etc. Then search on VJ for combinations of words like India and denied or AP or 221(g) and read what other people have to say.

You'll get more and better help if you complete your timeline and visa type so that we can tell what process you're going through and where you are in the process. :)

Ha ha ha...I see you are the original poster! So I know your are a K1. Please fill out your timeline and visa type though so it is easier for people to tell what your status is.

Your thread has been hijacked by someone else's dilemma...I couldn't even remember what the original topic was! A marriage denial in Jamaica really has nothing to do with a pending K1 in India. It's too confusing trying to follow these stories. :unsure:

Edited by Bec_Dipu

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Timeline

It is the US govt objection when they are interviewing for migration thru marriage that the beneficary is not using the petitioner for false intent. They are there looking out for your best intrest, I know right now it doesn't seem that way. But that is what they are suppose to be doing. Now, a denied work visa would have no bearing on a migration visa.

You may know everything that was asked, but how did your husband answer them? If all was done truthfully and above baord, then you should be able to fly back thru the re-review of the petition without any problems. I know this waiting is hard, but right now it's all you'll can do. Just continue to live your life as a married couple and let the love grow stronger thru this trail.

Now today, I could offer up my hubby to you, since he has step on the wrong nerve today(lol), but I did marry him for better or worst. You will soon get to experience some of small wonders of married life.

Thanks once again for your help. I have 1 last question for you. Do you think I will be given the opportunity to give them more information to verify the relationship or do you think they will just deny it?

Thanks once again for your help. I have 1 last question for you. Do you think I will be given the opportunity to give them more information to verify the relationship or do you think they will just deny it?

It is my understanding that the Calif USCIS office usually just deny or let the orginal petition expire.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

:wow:You people are scaring me - we have 3 strikes against us.... different race, I am the older woman, different religions :( Maybe only 1 good thing - we're not going through Delhi, but Mumbai. But is that even enough?? Praying for a miracle here now

Would have been wiser to marry in India and have spent that last year living together as husband and wife. That sort of evidence tends to trump everything else. If possible, go back, marry and spend some months together living as husband and wife.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

It is my understanding that the Calif USCIS office usually just deny or let the orginal petition expire.

Immigration consultant told me there is expiration date for I-130 Petition!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Approvals of I-130 petitions do not expire. They can be revoked but only after notice and opportunity to offer a rebuttal. This would come ONLY after a visa is denied.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Read Pushbrk responds below:

Pushbrk is correct, and I have stated the same thing to you numerous time.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

actually have not started any type of visa process yet - just in prelminary stages of exploring possibilities and experiences. I'm glad I did!

Timeline

Read Pushbrk responds below:

Pushbrk is correct, and I have stated the same thing to you numerous time.

Yes in your last post you said generally California will deny or let it expire!!!!

Approvals of I-130 petitions do not expire. They can be revoked but only after notice and opportunity to offer a rebuttal. This would come ONLY after a visa is denied.

Thank you for the clarification on this matter. So you are saying they will give me the opportunity to offer valid reasons to verify the relationship before it is denied?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.