sundarimudgirl

much older woman/younger man

88 posts in this topic

I appreciate your honesty and knowledge pertaining to the information I gave in the prior post. The immigration consultant told me the same thing that you just said but as of right now the Visa hasn't been denied. I have tons of proof that it is a bonafide relationship. I am ready for whatever they ask for. It isn't a scam on our part and I beleive I have evidence of that. Do you by any chance know what they would need to verify the relationship. I just want your advice so I can cross referance with everything I have to make sure I haven't missed anything.

They will need proof that you'll are operating as a married couple. Phone call records, letters from friends and family members on both side. Visitations that aren't stage as vacations but living as husband and wife. Show things being done as common interest and on behalf of each other, marriage is not a one-sided event. There needs to be things done on his side as well, he can write letters to you even if it is in patios. Christmas is coming, he can start there, sending a gift if you are not going to be in JA for Christmas.

When I was filing for my husband in JA, we spoke every day, first thing in the morning, and last at night, and many time more durning the day. Our phone records from rebtel, was over 300 pages. The call may not have been long in interval, but they were many durning the day.

We sent texts all day long, sometime the message was short, but it was showing that we were invovled with each other work and fun time on a daily basis. Again, our situation was different and we meet here in the US, but got married in Jamaica.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They will need proof that you'll are operating as a married couple. Phone call records, letters from friends and family members on both side. Visitations that aren't stage as vacations but living as husband and wife. Show things being done as common interest and on behalf of each other, marriage is not a one-sided event. There needs to be things done on his side as well, he can write letters to you even if it is in patios. Christmas is coming, he can start there, sending a gift if you are not going to be in JA for Christmas.

When I was filing for my husband in JA, we spoke every day, first thing in the morning, and last at night, and many time more durning the day. Our phone records from rebtel, was over 300 pages. The call may not have been long in interval, but they were many durning the day.

We sent texts all day long, sometime the message was short, but it was showing that we were invovled with each other work and fun time on a daily basis. Again, our situation was different and we meet here in the US, but got married in Jamaica.

I have pages and pages of phone records, emails, pictures of me and him and pictures of me and his family. I have wedding pictures and a wedding video. His family and mine were present at the wedding. I have numerous letters from my family and his family that has actually spent time with us while we were together. I have all my flight information for each trip I made there. I even have pictures that he took of me without my knowledge of me washing my clothes out side his house when I stayed with him for a month. As you, we talk everyday. I have over a years worth of phone logs all highlighted with our calls. We don't text much because he doesn't have the capability to text. I even have a couple in New York that spent a week with us in January that wrote a letter for us. I really don't know what else I have to do or give these people to verify our relationship is real. Did you have any of these problems when you filed? Did he get his Visa on his first interview?

I have pages and pages of phone records, emails, pictures of me and him and pictures of me and his family. I have wedding pictures and a wedding video. His family and mine were present at the wedding. I have numerous letters from my family and his family that has actually spent time with us while we were together. I have all my flight information for each trip I made there. I even have pictures that he took of me without my knowledge of me washing my clothes out side his house when I stayed with him for a month. As you, we talk everyday. I have over a years worth of phone logs all highlighted with our calls. We don't text much because he doesn't have the capability to text. I even have a couple in New York that spent a week with us in January that wrote a letter for us. I really don't know what else I have to do or give these people to verify our relationship is real. Did you have any of these problems when you filed? Did he get his Visa on his first interview?

No, I didn't have any of these issues, we didn't have any red flaggs. I went to the interview with my husband,plus when my husband was in the states we lived together for a short period of time.

You'll can allways re-file another CR1, if this one gets revolked.

Timeline

No, I didn't have any of these issues, we didn't have any red flaggs. I went to the interview with my husband,plus when my husband was in the states we lived together for a short period of time.

You'll can allways re-file another CR1, if this one gets revolked.

What is a CR1? I didn't go to his interview and I'm still kicking myself in the rear because I didn't. I really believe it would have been approved if I would have been there.

What is a CR1? I didn't go to his interview and I'm still kicking myself in the rear because I didn't. I really believe it would have been approved if I would have been there.

You are married correct, then that was the type of petition you applied for. Yes, being there may have made a big difference to the outome of the interview.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Timeline

You are married correct, then that was the type of petition you applied for. Yes, being there may have made a big difference to the outome of the interview.

Yes we are married. We married in Jamaica on 9/6/2010. I filed the I 130 on Oct. 29, 2010. I really don't know what to do if they deny the Visa...

Yes we are married. We married in Jamaica on 9/6/2010. I filed the I 130 on Oct. 29, 2010. I really don't know what to do if they deny the Visa...

You will just re-file with more evidence.

Timeline

You will just re-file with more evidence.

I'm sorry but I don't know exactly what you are talking about. Will we have to start the whole process over and pay for everything again?

I'm sorry but I don't know exactly what you are talking about. Will we have to start the whole process over and pay for everything again?

Yes, that is correct, you can only do this after you have an official notice of intent to denie. So, you still have to wait it out.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Timeline

Yes, that is correct, you can only do this after you have an official notice of intent to denie. So, you still have to wait it out.

Ok I just want to understand you correctly. If the NOID is given, are you saying that I won't be given the opportunity to give more evidence? This isn't what the immigration consultant told me. He said that if their intention is to deny the Visa that I would be given the oppotunity to give more information to verify the relationship. I also want to know if we have to start the process over will we need to pay all the fees again. I was told there is no expiration date on this type of Visa.

Ok I just want to understand you correctly. If the NOID is given, are you saying that I won't be given the opportunity to give more evidence? This isn't what the immigration consultant told me. He said that if their intention is to deny the Visa that I would be given the oppotunity to give more information to verify the relationship. I also want to know if we have to start the process over will we need to pay all the fees again. I was told there is no expiration date on this type of Visa.

Read Jim responds again:

They were recommending that the approval of the petition be revoked, probably because they suspected the relationship was a sham. They do not return petitions to USCIS without denying the visa. USCIS says they were "asked to review" the returned petition, but what they were asked to do was to revoke the approval of the petition. They're accusing your husband of fraud.

You'll eventually get a notice of their decision. If they decide that they disagree with the consular officer then they'll reaffirm the approval of the petition, and it will be sent back to the consulate for another interview. If they decide that the consular officer is probably right then they'll send you a Notice Of Intent to Revoke (NOIR), and give you a very limited window of time to respond. Depending on the strength of the evidence you respond with, they'll either reaffirm the approval or revoke it. If they revoke the approval then your husband will likely be considered guilty of material misrepresentation.

If USCIS revok4 the petition, then it's as if you never had an approved petition, therefore there would be NO petition to have an expiration date. So you will have to start all over from step 1, filing and paying the correct fees.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Age gap is not a reason to deny a visa, no, but at Consulates where a particular age gap is against the cultural norms it is a reason for them to take a hard look at the relationship and question its authenticity. The OP has received good advice about being prepared. Signed affidavits from his family especially, stating their awareness of and support for the relationship are definitely good. Good luck

Love your beautiful kitties! I have a fluffy one of my own (ragdoll boy). I am a little confused on the signed family affidavits thing - why would U.S. consulate/embassy care what his family thought?

Timeline

Read Jim responds again:

They were recommending that the approval of the petition be revoked, probably because they suspected the relationship was a sham. They do not return petitions to USCIS without denying the visa. USCIS says they were "asked to review" the returned petition, but what they were asked to do was to revoke the approval of the petition. They're accusing your husband of fraud.

You'll eventually get a notice of their decision. If they decide that they disagree with the consular officer then they'll reaffirm the approval of the petition, and it will be sent back to the consulate for another interview. If they decide that the consular officer is probably right then they'll send you a Notice Of Intent to Revoke (NOIR), and give you a very limited window of time to respond. Depending on the strength of the evidence you respond with, they'll either reaffirm the approval or revoke it. If they revoke the approval then your husband will likely be considered guilty of material misrepresentation.

If USCIS revok4 the petition, then it's as if you never had an approved petition, therefore there would be NO petition to have an expiration date. So you will have to start all over from step 1, filing and paying the correct fees.

Thank you for all your help. It makes things a little clearer now. With everything I've told you do you believe that I have enough evidence to verify the relationship or do you think I need something more?

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Love your beautiful kitties! I have a fluffy one of my own (ragdoll boy). I am a little confused on the signed family affidavits thing - why would U.S. consulate/embassy care what his family thought?

oh wait - family affidavits are just more evidence the relationship is real? This should be interesting - older family members are trying to arrange a marriage for him in India (he had no interest even before he met me), but younger relatives are aware of and supportive of our relationship.

Timeline

oh wait - family affidavits are just more evidence the relationship is real? This should be interesting - older family members are trying to arrange a marriage for him in India (he had no interest even before he met me), but younger relatives are aware of and supportive of our relationship.

Are you talking about the issue I posted?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.