jayz81

and all I want for Christmas is ...........

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I applied for K1 Fiance visa in March . Got a letter of receipt from USCIS on April 11th . Received RFE in late October . Sent the requested information. Received information that USCIS received the information on September 7th . Called November 7th . No new information . I have filed 2 service requests , and still my case is sitting in this Request for evidence response review purgatory . I have not seen my Fiance in over a year . All I want for Christmas is a Visa approval . I even asked the Santa at the mall for this haha. Just hoping , because I am seeing on here cases from July are being approved . Feeling so down about this , and missing the one I love .

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I applied for K1 Fiance visa in March . Got a letter of receipt from USCIS on April 11th . Received RFE in late October . Sent the requested information. Received information that USCIS received the information on September 7th . Called November 7th . No new information . I have filed 2 service requests , and still my case is sitting in this Request for evidence response review purgatory . I have not seen my Fiance in over a year . All I want for Christmas is a Visa approval . I even asked the Santa at the mall for this haha. Just hoping , because I am seeing on here cases from July are being approved . Feeling so down about this , and missing the one I love .

Yeah you have done your share of waiting it looks like. Have you been talking to a Tier 2 ISO? Check out this thread maybe it will be helpful. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/293330-calling-uscis/

Being separated for more than a year must really suck for both of you. Maybe you should be asking Santa for a plane ticket and a couple of weeks off from work.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

IMO, you not need a service request - but

what you do need, is for the assigned adjudicator to review the materials you submitted for the RFE.

You can get a Tier 2 Human, an ISO, and ASK the ISO to initiate an EYEBALL REVIEW, by the assigned adjudicator, on the materials submitted back for the RFE.

It very well may be that 'that' adjudicator doesn't work there, any more.

So, call in today, get an ISO, that Tier 2 Human, and start some 'stuff'.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Yeah you have done your share of waiting it looks like. Have you been talking to a Tier 2 ISO? Check out this thread maybe it will be helpful. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/293330-calling-uscis/

Being separated for more than a year must really suck for both of you. Maybe you should be asking Santa for a plane ticket and a couple of weeks off from work.

been there done that . Talked to 2 tier 2 officers . I talked to one today , and I will have a response from a recent service request by December 7th , or at least they will mail it by then . Just hard for us to stay optimistic about things recently . I wish I could take some time off , but my fiance is in Japan , and I work 6 days a week for a family owned company that relies on me . So me and her will just be waiting longer i guess. Hope we can be together by valentines day, because thats when we first met.

IMO, you not need a service request - but

what you do need, is for the assigned adjudicator to review the materials you submitted for the RFE.

You can get a Tier 2 Human, an ISO, and ASK the ISO to initiate an EYEBALL REVIEW, by the assigned adjudicator, on the materials submitted back for the RFE.

It very well may be that 'that' adjudicator doesn't work there, any more.

So, call in today, get an ISO, that Tier 2 Human, and start some 'stuff'.

Been there , done that, with the same result . Just hoping for the best now .

Timeline

Excellent ! Glad to know you were there, and did it.

Do it again, go again, says Unca Darnell, today.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Have you considered contacting your congressman/senator for help? They can sometimes get things moving when nothing else seems to be working. Good luck!!!

Did the contact my senator thing. My Fiance is Chinese , and he just happens to sit on the Congressional China Caucus as Co-Chair man . In the letter he stated :

"US Citizenship and Immigration Services officials and consular officrs in our US Embassies perform a difficult task in determining who may be permitted into the United States. Their job has been made more difficult in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. In the years since September 11th, Citizenship and immigration officials and consular officers have had to increase their scrutiny in the enforcement of our immigration laws. While I seek to be as helpful as possible to the citizens of the fourth district of Virginia, I believe it is inappropriate for me to intervene in cases while state and department officials implement measures to protet American citizens at home and abroad. "

What a cop out. 1) I seeked assitance because my case is going on 2.5 months past what would be a "normal" processing time.

2) it has not even gone before any embassy or consulate yet

3) He used the 9/11 cop out .

He wont get my vote next election, and I am gonna help whoever is campaigning against him.

I have figured out immigration could give a damn less about anybodies case , because even though to us it is one of the most important decisions in our lives, for them its just a bunch of paperwork .

Timeline

on the 'contact yer senator ' thing - does he/she even have a staffer assigned as the 'Immigration Liason Staffer' ?

It might be worth another phone call, into his biggest office, and ASK who ever picks up the phone

if

there's an Immigration Liason Staffer assigned this season.

Then get the name, and talk directly with that Staffer.

IMO/E - talking directly with The Member of Congress is a waste of time - you NEED that ILS human, instead.

I agree with Darnell - it's the immigration liasion staffer you want.

You are right...that is a cop out statement. Can you try another senator or congressman from your state/district?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.