웃

Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Science + 6 : Religion - 6

VIDEO: therapy involves screaming to purge the devil, in place of drugs designed to keep HIV patients alive

image.jpg

^ Pastor at the Synagogue Church Of All Nations in London recommends HIV/AIDS patients discontinue medications because "Jesus is a healer."

Sky News video shows pastor of an evangelical church in England supervising a healing ceremony in which HIV patients are told they can be cured of their disease.

image.jpg

At least six HIV-positive people have died after evangelical churches in Britain reportedly told them to stop taking their medication because they had been healed by God.

Pastors at several churches in England and Scotland told undercover Sky News reporters that they could be healed through an exorcism-like process that involves shouting over the patients and spraying water in their faces.

A pastor at the Synagogue Church of all Nations (SCOAN), a wealthy televangelist organization with branches throughout the world, told one undercover reporter - who actually is HIV positive - that they had a 100% success rate.

"We have many people that contract HIV. All are healed," Holmes said.

Holmes even said that if symptoms such as vomiting and diarrhea persist, it's a good sign that the virus is leaving the body.

"We've had people come back before saying, 'Oh, I'm not healed. The diarrhea I had when I had HIV, I've got it again'" Holmes said.

"I have to stop them and say, 'No, please, you are free.'"

And according to the Sky News investigation, as many as six individuals have died after churches instructed them to discontinue their medication.

One of the victims, Emmanuel, stopped taking his medicine a year ago after being instructed by a pastor at his church in London.

The pastor told him that once god forgave him, "the disease will definitely go."

But now Emmanuel believes he may have passed his HIV infection to his boyfriend.

"I feel guilty, if I'm the one who passed it onto him I'm feeling guilty. Yeah, very much guilty," he told Sky News.

SCOAN continues to defend and administer it's treatment for the HIV virus, and other diseases.

"If anybody comes in the name of God, we pray for them. The outcome of the prayer will determine if they come genuinely or not," the church asserted in a statement

http://www.nydailyne...rticle-1.983069

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

Correction:

Science +2,500,000 : Religion - 6

1BBUl.png

^ UNAIDS report released this week (first link): http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21228403.600-united-nations-report-global-drop-in-hiv-infections.html

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

VIDEO: therapy involves screaming to purge the devil, in place of drugs designed to keep HIV patients alive

image.jpg

^ Pastor at the Synagogue Church Of All Nations in London recommends HIV/AIDS patients discontinue medications because "Jesus is a healer."

Sky News video shows pastor of an evangelical church in England supervising a healing ceremony in which HIV patients are told they can be cured of their disease.

image.jpg

At least six HIV-positive people have died after evangelical churches in Britain reportedly told them to stop taking their medication because they had been healed by God.

Pastors at several churches in England and Scotland told undercover Sky News reporters that they could be healed through an exorcism-like process that involves shouting over the patients and spraying water in their faces.

A pastor at the Synagogue Church of all Nations (SCOAN), a wealthy televangelist organization with branches throughout the world, told one undercover reporter - who actually is HIV positive - that they had a 100% success rate.

"We have many people that contract HIV. All are healed," Holmes said.

Holmes even said that if symptoms such as vomiting and diarrhea persist, it's a good sign that the virus is leaving the body.

"We've had people come back before saying, 'Oh, I'm not healed. The diarrhea I had when I had HIV, I've got it again'" Holmes said.

"I have to stop them and say, 'No, please, you are free.'"

And according to the Sky News investigation, as many as six individuals have died after churches instructed them to discontinue their medication.

One of the victims, Emmanuel, stopped taking his medicine a year ago after being instructed by a pastor at his church in London.

The pastor told him that once god forgave him, "the disease will definitely go."

But now Emmanuel believes he may have passed his HIV infection to his boyfriend.

"I feel guilty, if I'm the one who passed it onto him I'm feeling guilty. Yeah, very much guilty," he told Sky News.

SCOAN continues to defend and administer it's treatment for the HIV virus, and other diseases.

"If anybody comes in the name of God, we pray for them. The outcome of the prayer will determine if they come genuinely or not," the church asserted in a statement

http://www.nydailyne...rticle-1.983069

Specious reasoning. Faith would indicate that all good comes from THE CREATOR, including the ideas in the reasearcher's heads that thought up the drug and HE made sure that the drugs went into production.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Specious reasoning. Faith would indicate that all good comes from THE CREATOR, including the ideas in the reasearcher's heads that thought up the drug and HE made sure that the drugs went into production.

Why not skip the middlemen (researchers) and not create deadly diseases at all?

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Timeline

Transporting/relaying thoughts inside your brain to a Perfect Invisible Third Party Intermediary Physician and back into the body of a sick person is something that should be read out of a book found in the fiction section. Not something done in real life.

The people that cure people are scientists. Scientists are by and large atheists.

They don't believe in IDIOTS (Invisible Doctor(s) Intermediating Over Total Space)

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Should be "6 Religious Morons Die"

And I bet they did not believe in the "Darwin Theory"

There are too many people in the world, many need to die, lets start with morons.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Like Gary pointed out, it's natures way of natural selection in the big scheme of things.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Like Gary pointed out, it's natures way of natural selection in the big scheme of things.

HELL, YES!!!!!! If they be wanting to die, they should die and thus decrease the surplus population.

Transporting/relaying thoughts inside your brain to a Perfect Invisible Third Party Intermediary Physician and back into the body of a sick person is something that should be read out of a book found in the fiction section. Not something done in real life.

The people that cure people are scientists. Scientists are by and large atheists.

They don't believe in IDIOTS (Invisible Doctor(s) Intermediating Over Total Space)

People cure themselves, pills and other interventions may help under certain circumstances, but people heal themselves. EVERY scientist knows that.

IR5

Timeline

People cure themselves [by taking medication created by atheists], pills [created by atheists] and other interventions may help under certain all circumstances, but people heal themselves. EVERY scientist knows that.

Fixed!

For the sake of your brain you should burn those ancient books authored by 20-30 year olds written 160 decades before the breakthrough discovery that the world was not flat.

If not, this could happen:

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

Fixed!

For the sake of your brain you should burn those ancient books authored by 20-30 year olds written 160 decades before the breakthrough discovery that the world was not flat.

If not, this could happen:

If GOD is omnipotent, then GOD can put ideas in the minds of even atheists. As for your faith in modern medical treatments, I know what is supposed to work and how many times there are complications. Paradoxically, you see nothing wrong in this. I'll keep reading my scriptures along with all those tomes of medical lore and you keep reading Harrison's Principle's of Internal Medicine. Faith doesn't refute science, GOD created science so to refute science is to turn one's back on GOD. Funny video, BTW.

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

Timeline

If GOD is omnipotent, then GOD can put ideas in the minds of even atheists.

You are hallucinating! You (and me too) are just evolved apes and nothing else. You are not special (me either). You live on a pale blue dot in a tiny galaxy full of 100s of billions of stars. Our little invisible speck orbits around 1 of those stars. Nothing special. Just a pale blue dot of INVISIBLE INSIGNIFICANT NOTHING. You are evolved from amino acid and your great ancestors were FISH!!!!!!!!! You know this, right?

As for your faith in modern medical treatments, I know what is supposed to work and how many times there are complications. Paradoxically, you see nothing wrong in this. I'll keep reading my scriptures along with all those tomes of medical lore and you keep reading Harrison's Principle's of Internal Medicine. Faith doesn't refute science, GOD created science so to refute science is to turn one's back on GOD. Funny video, BTW.

Faith doesn't explain a damn thing. It is wrong on creation. It is wrong on everything. There is no science in it. Nothing can be gained from it. It is a sloppy book of non sense written by prehistoric 30 year old cave men 150 decades before finding out the world was not flat and 170 decades before electricity and about 190 decades before discovering the age of the earth was billions of years (not thousands!)

Evolution and Big Bang are the 2 daggers in the heart and brain of religion. It hurts the religious thinker to contemplate the FACT that life started 3500 years ago (where each year represents 1,000,000 years!) with some amino acids. It is hard to swallow (good thing we moved from under water to land hundreds of millions of years ago!)...A long journey indeed that some people in your camp are unaware of and LAUGH AT!!!

tree4_large.jpg

lco6_31.gif

treeoflife.gif

Edited by Lord Infamous

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

You are hallucinating! You (and me too) are just evolved apes and nothing else. You are not special (me either). You live on a pale blue dot in a tiny galaxy full of 100s of billions of stars. Our little invisible speck orbits around 1 of those stars. Nothing special. Just a pale blue dot of INVISIBLE INSIGNIFICANT NOTHING. You are evolved from amino acid and your great ancestors were FISH!!!!!!!!! You know this, right?

Faith doesn't explain a damn thing. It is wrong on creation. It is wrong on everything. There is no science in it. Nothing can be gained from it. It is a sloppy book of non sense written by prehistoric 30 year old cave men 150 decades before finding out the world was not flat and 170 decades before electricity and about 190 decades before discovering the age of the earth was billions of years (not thousands!)

Evolution and Big Bang are the 2 daggers in the heart and brain of religion. It hurts the religious thinker to contemplate the FACT that life started 3500 years ago (where each year represents 1,000,000 years!) with some amino acids. It is hard to swallow (good thing we moved from under water to land hundreds of millions of years ago!)...A long journey indeed that some people in your camp are unaware of and LAUGH AT!!!

tree4_large.jpg

lco6_31.gif

treeoflife.gif

You are special and so am I. I'll save you the whole zygote bit but we are all special. Faith doesn't preclude science, why is that such a stretch? I'm not down with this is what faith means and the universe was created at this time, that's bunk. No man rode on a dinosaur, except Fred Flintstone. Look, life was created AS WE KNOW IT 3.5 billion years ago. That's a fact, more or less, based on the fossil evidence.. What was the universe like before The big bang? I could tell you the cosmological models but we don't know EXACTLY what happened or what it was like. Is this the only universe? You eschew blindly following one faith (religion) for another (science). Keep asking questions, that's the best that you can do.good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

IR5

LI is still hung up on religion? Give it up. You don't believe, that's your choice. You're an atheist evangelist. Obviously you're lack of belief is not too strong since you post so much trying to convince others they are wrong. Be confident in your atheism. What is there to worry about?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

LI is still hung up on religion? Give it up. You don't believe, that's your choice. You're an atheist evangelist. Obviously you're lack of belief is not too strong since you post so much trying to convince others they are wrong. Be confident in your atheism. What is there to worry about?

He doesn't want to believe, that's the problem. He misses the main point that I can't reconcile all this fantastic scientific stuff with the laws of chance. There are just too many coincidences. He gets like this every Christmas.

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5