joonphon

Need Your Opinion

27 posts in this topic

Hi There

So when they (USCIS) changed the timeline from March 15, 2011 we phoned that day to put in a service request, as well as contacting congresswoman. The congresswoman's office got nothing more than what is online. (that was useless). The email generated from the service request stated they will basically get to ours when then can although ours is most definitely outside of their processing time (their words not ours). They told us to call back on the Nov 29, tomorrow so we will see. Our petition is at 218 days. I did find out that ours is taking longer due to the RFE and the fact we both aren't new to marriage. So extra checking on names etc.

I say most definitely call and put in a service request.

that's my opinion.

My Mom always told us that "the squeaky wheel gets the oil"... :rofl:

Fiance visa

04/28/2011 - I-129F - DENIED

02/18/2012 - I-129F petition filed
02/24/2012 - NOA1
09/04/2012 - NOA2, 193 days

Interview:10/22/2012
POE: 10/26/2012 (245 days)

Removal of Conditions

Filed for ROC - 06/09/2015

NOA1 for ROC - 06/12/2015

Biometrics appointment - 07/17/2015

Approval for ROC - 04/20/2016 (316 days)

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

N-400 biometrics 06/20/16

N-400 interview 01/23/2017

N-400 Oath ceremony 02/10/2017

Immigration Process took 2116 days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Calling does not hurt. Try to speak to a tier2 Rep as mentioned. This time of the year is pretty tricky. It seems that CSC has slowed from the earlier half of the year. Hope this stage of the journey ends soon for you both.

Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place....Zora Neale Hurston

ticker.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

And closed mouths don't get feed!!!!

Hi There

So when they (USCIS) changed the timeline from March 15, 2011 we phoned that day to put in a service request, as well as contacting congresswoman. The congresswoman's office got nothing more than what is online. (that was useless). The email generated from the service request stated they will basically get to ours when then can although ours is most definitely outside of their processing time (their words not ours). They told us to call back on the Nov 29, tomorrow so we will see. Our petition is at 218 days. I did find out that ours is taking longer due to the RFE and the fact we both aren't new to marriage. So extra checking on names etc.

that's my opinion.

Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place....Zora Neale Hurston

ticker.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

It has been 5 months since NOA1. Should I give the USCIS a call or not? Just to ask what's going on w/ my case? perhaps put in a service request? I know some people say it doesn't do anything but some say it helps. Give me your opinion/experience.... Thanks ladies and gentlemen...

I called after 5 months. Five days later I received an e-mail stating that my application was being adjucated and we should know something within 30 days. That was 5 days ago. Still waiting but I feel better about it all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi There

that's my opinion.

I'm actually surprised you haven't gotten NOA2 yet. Usually after the RFE response they approve it pretty quickly. I think for the first 5+ months it just sits in a box somewhere. Then they pull it out and say oops need to issue an RFE. Then I think it stays with whoever is working the case until the RFE response is received.

Just my 2 cents for what I've seen happen around here for the last 4 years.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

No! to be honest, I'm afraid to! I'm really curious as to if i should though. I've kind of been a lurker and I've been looking at others timelines, so far no one else's has taken this long and it's getting me quite bothered.

You should give them a call and let me know what they say.... :thumbs:

Timeline

Things have slowed down some from other posts I read, plus its the holidays so I am not expecting things to pick up until after the new year. Yours taking longer means mine will take longer .... :angry:

Not sure if making a call will light any fires just because of the holidays... trust me I want you to get yours ASAP as that moves mine closer to someones desk.

Last time I checked my timeline the estimate has moved out two more weeks so I think the trend is longer waits.... :crying:

Yeah.. You're right about the holiday.. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and then New Year.. Sometimes I wish I sent in my application in May instead of June...

Timeline

Five months is a long time to wait for anything but it is common for this type of thing with USCIS now. Its unlikely there is any real problem with your case; they are simply busy. The holidays dont help of course but they just add a few days really.

These service requests are also common. Everyone I have seen resulted in the same thing which was a message saying they were working on the case as time would allow.

Doesnt hurt to call but may just add to the overall frustration when it produces no real results. Same for trying to get help from a politician. They all have staff trained to placate people on these issues. Our Senators office was worthless even though they had people with over 20 years of experiance. It took two months to get an answer which they sent to the wrong address. My husband found out more himself & the Senators office admitted the info they found was outdated & wrong. These are the same people that havent dont anything about the immigration process for 60 years.

I am an expert in waiting after the 408 days my case took. My husband met with USCIS several times in person trying to see what was going on. They could not say why it was taking so long. The responce he got was "this just never happens". Really? It happens to many of us as we see here all the time.

The good thing is you are at the 5 month mark so it really wont be too much longer.

Wow.. I didn't know you have to wait for 408 days.. I just hope mine isn't taking that long otherwise I'm going go crazy :ranting:

Timeline

Sadly enough, five months is "still within normal processing times". Our petition took almost 6 months. You can call, it doesn't hurt to do so. I called three times and finally was able to put in a service request (after I started to cry, LOL). After that request, our petition was approved three weeks later...not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. I think not as it was close to 6 months. Hang in there, it will come. Good luck with everything.

I don't want to cry on the phone, I only cry behind closed doors! haha

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

I know someone who sent in petition in early may and they have yet to hear about noa2. Called once last month and didn't get much info. Yes you should try calling even if they say you still have to wait at least you have an answer.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I called i wrote I went to the office and no matter what i did the process never improved intil to day when my wife was approved. I would call just for a record of the contact so that when you call in the future they can see you have been looking into your case.

But it is easy to say at this point to relax but please do. If this part starts to stress you by the time you have to wait for an interview and the Document gather game will tip you over the edge.

The only thing thhat frustrates me is the hoops we go through to get our loved ones home and then people who are not doing it the legal way get a pass. Life isn't fair and the US immigration process is here to prove it. Hang in there and it will come out fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.