11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi All,

Posting it again... after almost 2 weeks from my interview date(21st Oct)

embassy told me that my petition is being sent back to USCIS

i kept on calling USCIS but they do not have it yet , my fiancee did call and provided all details to

her senator office and we were told they will check on this but no reply from them yet

keeping it short..so here is my Question does anybody had same issue? if yes could you please

tell me what i can do to get my visa .

Thanks !! :help:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi All,

Posting it again... after almost 2 weeks from my interview date(21st Oct)

embassy told me that my petition is being sent back to USCIS

i kept on calling USCIS but they do not have it yet , my fiancee did call and provided all details to

her senator office and we were told they will check on this but no reply from them yet

keeping it short..so here is my Question does anybody had same issue? if yes could you please

tell me what i can do to get my visa .

Thanks !! :help:

Yes others have this problem at times. You can wait until USCIS reviews the case which can take months.

You could also help your self by giving more info here. Such as what country you are dealing with. What did the embassy tell you? There is a reason it was sent back.

country is Singapore , and CO told me to provide some docs during my interview and she gave me 221g ,interview was around 45 minutes long all type of Question and during my interview CO looked like she not gonna give me visa at all i provided hell alot of supporting docs as every one does but CO ain't good she do like this often with many immigration visa applicant coz it does not affect her life...

i did submitt asked docs soon and CO told me she would like to talk to me again when i come back with the docs she wanted but she was not available when i went to embassy and clerk told they will let me know the outcome.

CO was reluctant coz my fiance is 26 i 29 and my fiancee wanted to be a house wife so she stays at home and she depend on her mother till we get married so CO kept on asking why she does not work in USA it does not go like this blah blah and i hate that CO!

Thanks.

Also one Question my petition expire on 2nd dec and embassy said they have already sent back my petition to USCIS i did call embassy and asked why they taking so long my peition will be expired soon then USCIS wont do anything with it? and counslar told me it would not be a problem is it true?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please use correct terms (Fiance = boy) (Fiancee = girl) but if it was sent back to USCIS it sounds like your case is dead in the water and you should start thinking about getting married and refiling for a CR-1. Unless your in AP?

My Proposal to kristine!!! :)

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-25

I-129F RFE(s): NONE!!!

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-02

Interview Date : 2011-09-01

Interview Result : Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Also one Question my petition expire on 2nd dec and embassy said they have already sent back my petition to USCIS i did call embassy and asked why they taking so long my peition will be expired soon then USCIS wont do anything with it? and counslar told me it would not be a problem is it true?

You seem to misunderstand what's going on. Your visa application was denied. Your petition was sent back to USCIS, and the consulate is recommending that the approval of the petition be revoked because they think your relationship is a sham. What happens to the petition now depends on which USCIS service center originally approved it. The California Service Center usually just lets the petition expire, which means you start over with a new petition. The Vermont Service Center is more likely to readjudicate the returned petition, which means you could be waiting months for an answer. If they reaffirm the petition then it will eventually be sent back to the consulate, and you'll get another interview. Otherwise, they'll send your fiancee a Notice Of Intent to Revoke. A lot of people don't bother waiting, and just marry and file a spousal visa petition.

Your fiancee is going to be dealing with the returned petition. I suggest you tell her to come here and educate herself.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

You seem to misunderstand what's going on. Your visa application was denied. Your petition was sent back to USCIS, and the consulate is recommending that the approval of the petition be revoked because they think your relationship is a sham. What happens to the petition now depends on which USCIS service center originally approved it. The California Service Center usually just lets the petition expire, which means you start over with a new petition. The Vermont Service Center is more likely to readjudicate the returned petition, which means you could be waiting months for an answer. If they reaffirm the petition then it will eventually be sent back to the consulate, and you'll get another interview. Otherwise, they'll send your fiancee a Notice Of Intent to Revoke. A lot of people don't bother waiting, and just marry and file a spousal visa petition.

Your fiancee is going to be dealing with the returned petition. I suggest you tell her to come here and educate herself.

Hello Friends

I have submit 221(g) a week ago..anyone have idea how long it will take for visa after submiting 221(g) documents..

Thanks

I do understand what is going on i know it has been denied, thing is i want to work with USCIS or any to help them reaffirm it and send back

to US embassy in singapore, and thing is we have already involved senator help in it they would probably reply back to us today

my fiance mum strictly want us to get married in USA thats why we only have K1 and i want to fix this K1 hope it won't take that long.

Harry it depend on Embassy but you should keep on emailing or call them to get an update on your visa.

Hi All,

anyone who had similar situation and was approved second time can share your experience please?

my petition was approved at Vermont Service Center and i have been keep on calling embassy they say check with USCIS but when i called USCIS and NVC so many times they say they have not got my papers yet?

!!Sigh!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.