Top Posters In This Topic

2912086a48w11qvsn.gif
N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations Mike! Such a great feeling to be out of the tunnel isn't it! :thumbs:

For sure. A big relief. It's tough knowing that you entire future is in the hands of the CO. Well our entire lives in the US. I have always told my fiance that I would just move there if she was denied, which eventually we might do anyways.

Timeline

Congrats to you both................................................woohoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can only imagine how you feel right now . I have to agree keep busy and time will fly by Amen ...God is Great !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats to you both!

Congratulations!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

[link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10722;104/st/20110610/e/NOA+1/dt/-1/k/39bf/event.png[/image]

[/link]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well on Wednesday November 23, 2011, My Fiance was approved for the K-1 Fiance Visa. Thanks to God. She said that the interview was quick and easy. She arrived at the Embassy at 5:30am and left by 10am. They asked her basic questions like, Name of Petitioner, How and when did you meet, when did your fiance visit you last, what is his job, and why are you getting married? And that was it. She brought all types of relationship evidence and all they looked at was a couple of pictures. But it is advised to always bring as much evidence as you can just in case. Also I think that they look at your case in advance and that the Pre-screener makes the decision and the Consulate Officer just confirms or double checks it. Right when my Fiance went to the CO's window for the main interview the Pink Approval Slip was already stapled to her file. Make sure you do good on the first interviewer and of course then the CO. I originally sent in a perfect petition with all of the required things and relationship evidence, plus a little extra. No RFE's. But I tried to only add strong evidence with secondary evidence to back up the main evidence. We are both so happy that we have finally made it through the most important part of getting the K-1 Visa Approved. Next important steps are to book the flight once she has the visa in hand, get married within 90 days of her arrival to the US and the Adjustment of status I-485.

My advice to those who are still waiting is try to be patient, don't obsess by checking online every day/week for NOA2 approval, Reasearch, reasearch and then when you think you've done enough research then do a little more and make sure that you quadruple check everything before you send in the original petition. Then sit back and wait. And if you don't have a job, well go out and get one so you don't sit at home all day impatiently waiting for the NOA2. Staying busy will make the time fly by.

I want to wish those who are waiting and those who are completed the best and that you are able to be with your Significant Other's together forever so that all of your dreams will come true. Stay strong because that's all you can really do. Thanks and Take Care.

Mike

Congratulations!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

[link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10722;104/st/20110610/e/NOA+1/dt/-1/k/39bf/event.png[/image]

[/link]

Timeline

Good for you!. but let's not start over-stressing the suggestions. I'm sure you were checking VJ and USCIS website often when you were waiting.. its easier for you to say now.. lol

To be honest, I only check about 5 to 7 times on USCIS and then on VisaJourney at the begining of the process. But I have read many topics about other VJ members checking all of the time and then other VJ memebers telling them that they shouldn't check so much because it is not always updated on USCIS. So I took their advice and never checked since then. Also even after we received the NOA2 until this day I have not checked to see what the case status update is. It will just drive you mad and will not speed anything up anyways. Besides when you get the NOA2 in the mail it's a nice surprise. I never did receive an approval text from them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.