8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

when can i apply to go back to school?? i arrived on a K1 visa from U.K and we are now married, do i have to wait until i have completed AOS before i can study? i know the employment rules(EAD) but nothing mentions school?? anyone know please :wacko:

ukusflags2.gif

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent :2009-05-13

I-129F NOA1 2009-05-19

2009-08-02 my Terri baby arrived in the U.K. and i got to kiss her,i'm so happy i love you Terri Baby

TOUCHED 2009-09-02......YEY!!!!!!!! :-)

TOUCHED 2009-09-03...... AGAIN!!!!!! :-)

TOUCHED 2009-09-08...... YIPEE!!!!!!! :-)

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :2009-09-08.......i love you my baby!!!!!!!!

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :2009-09-26

Packet 3 Sent :2009-10-02

Medical Date :2009-10-21

Packet 4 Received :2010-01-05

Interview Date :2010-02-04

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between August 22, 2009 and September 4, 2009*.

If this date range has passed or your application is past due per USCIS processing times then you should consider calling the USCIS to inquire on your petition. If you have been approved please update your timeline.

picture111e.jpg

--------------------

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

All the schools want is your money.

As long as you can pay the fees and otherwise qualify I do not believe they need anything else.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

when can i apply to go back to school?? i arrived on a K1 visa from U.K and we are now married, do i have to wait until i have completed AOS before i can study? i know the employment rules(EAD) but nothing mentions school?? anyone know please :wacko:

I assume that you already have a social security number. The only issue I can think of is being classified as a non-resident for tuition purposes.

Yes, as Yagisama says depending on which state you now live in decides whether you pay in State or out of State tuition fees. Out of State fees are usually about triple that of in State. Many education establishments do not charge you as a resident until you have been there for a year.

Your best bet is to go and talk to the people at the school that you want to enrol at.

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Timeline

I guess i should get my bum down to the school and ask :thumbs: thanks guys, i just didnt want to do anything wrong regarding the laws on working and studying. i've been a good boy all this time and done everything to the book from day 1, i guess there's no harm in going and asking :wacko:

ukusflags2.gif

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F NOA1 2009-05-19

2009-08-02 my Terri baby arrived in the U.K. and i got to kiss her,i'm so happy i love you Terri Baby

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between August 22, 2009 and September 4, 2009*.

If this date range has passed or your application is past due per USCIS processing times then you should consider calling the USCIS to inquire on your petition. If you have been approved please update your timeline.

picture111e.jpg

--------------------

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I guess i should get my bum down to the school and ask :thumbs: thanks guys, i just didnt want to do anything wrong regarding the laws on working and studying. i've been a good boy all this time and done everything to the book from day 1, i guess there's no harm in going and asking :wacko:

HI, so what did the school administration tell you? are you able to go back to school or you have to wait for your EAD or Green Card?

Timeline

HI, so what did the school administration tell you? are you able to go back to school or you have to wait for your EAD or Green Card?

just as the guys above said buddy, if i wait for my EAD the fee's will be less. if i go ahead now the fee's will be classed as out of state and will be triple! i think il wait =)

ukusflags2.gif

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F NOA1 2009-05-19

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

picture111e.jpg

--------------------

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.