sarah and hicham

Tuesday

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Happy Tuesday. Hoping for good news for someone out there in visaland.

Maggie

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey all! I couldn't be having a better day! GOT 5 EMAILS SAYING APPROVED!!! I know i said it in 2 other posts... but this one reads tuesday, and this is waht my tuesday is ALL about!

Now to top it all off..... this lady needs to call me back about this job.

I'm only working a couple nights a week, and its very boring!!! Im teaching phlebotomy. Not that the class is boring, the students are boring. They just sit there like............ DUH!!!!!!!!!! They have the nerve to ask can they draw my blood, which is not usually a problem, but they are toooooooo zombie like, and they are all really good at it.

But since my hair is falling out, I cant afford to loose to much a nothing else! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Pray with me Forrest! Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here..... Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good day all! Well I got home last night and had a full blown migraine! I was in pain for at least 6 hours! I was out of the migrain medicine I take and I waited til 7 to break fast and take a tylenol. Not such a good idea because I could have saved myself 3 or 4 hours of pain had I broken fast to take it. So I was asking about having migrains and fasting on another site i am a member of and they directed me to two different sites that stated that if one suffers from migraines then one should not fast.

Those with Migraine Headache:

Even in tension headache, dehydration, or low blood sugar will aggravate the symptoms, but in migraine during fasting, there is an increase in blood free fatty acids, which will directly affect the severity or precipitation of migraine through release of catecholamines. Patients with migraines are advised not to fast.

http://www.islamic-world.net/psychology/psy.php?ArtID=198

I would like to know how to decide when it's okay to break a fast due to illness and what is required to make it up? I suffer from migraines on occasion for which I take prescription medication at the onset of the headache, so timing is important to avert a full-fledged flare up.

These headaches can completely incapacitate me for hours or days without the medicine. I broke my fast a few days ago to take medication, so I have missed one day already this Ramadan. Yesterday, I experienced another headache and chose to ride it out, though it was extremely difficult to do with hours of severe pain and many tears before Maghrib.

Even though I feel that it is understandable that I should have to break my fast, I still feel guilty and inferior for doing so. I worry that somehow Allah, will not forgive me and that I am just a weak person. Do you have any advice for how much pain we are expected to endure for the sake of Allah in the case of fasting?

Answer The basic rule concerning illness is the concession to break the fast if fasting harms the health of the fasting person especially if a trusted physician (preferably a practicing Muslim) recommends or instructs the patient not to fast due to harm or excessive pain such as migraines. Any missed day of fasting should be made up for in a later time, preferably before the following Ramadan.

The extent of pain that a person can endure is left to your own good judgment but remember that the Qur'an and hadith state that Allah does not wish to require us as humans to do more than we can bear.

www.islamonline.net

So I decided since I still have a small headache left from my migraine I am not going to fast today and I am going to contact a doctor about this.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Edited by Mrs. Forgetful

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Tuesday everyone... hope to have my noa2 today :innocent:

04-14-06 - engaged

04-28-06 - I129f to TSC

05-09-06 - noa1 from CSC

09-29-06 - this case has been APPROVED on 09-28-06 (yessss thank you Dear God)

10-02-06 - got the NOA2 (snail mail)

10-18-06 - email from NVC gave us the case #MNL2006789xxx

10-21-06 - got the NVC letter (snail mail)

10-25-06 - mnl rec'd the case

12-29-06 - got my packet 4

01-25 & 26-07 - medical

02-16-07 - interview APPROVED!!! (Thank you Dear God)

02/23/07 - visa on hand (Thanks God)

03-01-07 - in my honey's arms (Thanks God)

03-09-07 - applied SSN

03-14-07 - got married

03-27-07 - got my SSN Card

05-04-07 - TD shot

AOS

05-26-07 - mailed AOS

05-28-07 - delivered on May 28, 2007 at 8:01 PM in CHICAGO, IL

06-01-07 - NOA1

06-19-07 - RFE (page 3 of form I-864)

06-26-07 - Biometrics

07-03-07 - touch (they got my RFE)

07-18-07 - case transferred to CSC

07-23-07 - application received at CSC

07/31/07 - card production ordered & welcome letter

08/06/07 - got my GC... yepeeeey (67 days from NOA1)

I-751 Removal of Condition

05-15-09 - mailed (VSC)

05-16-09 - delivered @ 12:07pm per usps website

05-20-09 - check cashed

05-28-09 - got my NOA/Extension letter (dated 05-18-09)

06-03-09 - got my Biometric schedule (on 06-17-09)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Good day all! Well I got home last night and had a full blown migraine! I was in pain for at least 6 hours! I was out of the migrain medicine I take and I waited til 7 to break fast and take a tylenol. Not such a good idea because I could have saved myself 3 or 4 hours of pain had I broken fast to take it. So I was asking about having migrains and fasting on another site i am a member of and they directed me to two different sites that stated that if one suffers from migraines then one should not fast.
Those with Migraine Headache:

Even in tension headache, dehydration, or low blood sugar will aggravate the symptoms, but in migraine during fasting, there is an increase in blood free fatty acids, which will directly affect the severity or precipitation of migraine through release of catecholamines. Patients with migraines are advised not to fast.

http://www.islamic-world.net/psychology/psy.php?ArtID=198

I would like to know how to decide when it's okay to break a fast due to illness and what is required to make it up? I suffer from migraines on occasion for which I take prescription medication at the onset of the headache, so timing is important to avert a full-fledged flare up.

These headaches can completely incapacitate me for hours or days without the medicine. I broke my fast a few days ago to take medication, so I have missed one day already this Ramadan. Yesterday, I experienced another headache and chose to ride it out, though it was extremely difficult to do with hours of severe pain and many tears before Maghrib.

Even though I feel that it is understandable that I should have to break my fast, I still feel guilty and inferior for doing so. I worry that somehow Allah, will not forgive me and that I am just a weak person. Do you have any advice for how much pain we are expected to endure for the sake of Allah in the case of fasting?

Answer The basic rule concerning illness is the concession to break the fast if fasting harms the health of the fasting person especially if a trusted physician (preferably a practicing Muslim) recommends or instructs the patient not to fast due to harm or excessive pain such as migraines. Any missed day of fasting should be made up for in a later time, preferably before the following Ramadan.

The extent of pain that a person can endure is left to your own good judgment but remember that the Qur'an and hadith state that Allah does not wish to require us as humans to do more than we can bear.

www.islamonline.net

So I decided since I still have a small headache left from my migraine I am not going to fast today and I am going to contact a doctor about this.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Oh let us know what the doctor says! I won't start fasting until probably tomorrow or Thursday and I do get wicked bad migraines when I'm dehydrated. I never even thought of that. My whole focus of worry was not taking pain meds for the Lupus but I decided to bite the bullet and not take anything but migraines are a whooooooooooooole nuther story!!! :(

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Timeline

I was just telling my husband last night that I couldn't imagine not drinking water all day. I have to drink a certain amount throughout the day or I get so dehydrated my head is throbbing. We even keep water on the headboard and I drink it several times throughout the night.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I was just telling my husband last night that I couldn't imagine not drinking water all day. I have to drink a certain amount throughout the day or I get so dehydrated my head is throbbing. We even keep water on the headboard and I drink it several times throughout the night.

Yeah I fasted with Hicham on Sunday because he was home from work and I ddn't want to eat in front of him but I felt sick all day- tired, headache, stomach ache... it was not fun. I told him that I really didn't want to do it again on Monday and he said "Why are you even doing it in the first place?" haha so I guess I'm the crazy one.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yeah I fasted with Hicham on Sunday because he was home from work and I ddn't want to eat in front of him but I felt sick all day- tired, headache, stomach ache... it was not fun. I told him that I really didn't want to do it again on Monday and he said "Why are you even doing it in the first place?" haha so I guess I'm the crazy one.

I've been attempting and doing well for the most part. But I have to drink a mouthful of water after I brush my teeth in the morning. I can't imagine not doing that. Maybe it's because I think I usually sleep with my mouth partially open and it's like a desert in there when I wake up. :lol:

Filed: Timeline

I get really fatigued too. No headaches though alhamdulillah. I usually have to take a nap after work during Ramadan.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

These stories kinda remind me of the time that my 2 friends and I decided to go a low carb diet together. One of my friends, who never eats breakfast, ate 2 donuts in the first hour of our diet because she couldn't handle it anymore. :lol:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Just wanted to say salam and Ramadan Mubarak to all :luv:

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

Happy tuesday everyone.....!!

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.