hubby4life

Age difference of fiance to fiancee?

601 posts in this topic

To those who filed k-1, what is the average age difference of a fiance to a fiancee? Is it a matter of desperation for such young girls to marry old guys? Is it for love or money?

Hubby 4 like --Age is just a number .Love transends all barriers (color , race , age etc) . I am much older than my Fiancee (now wife ) .We are happily married and love each other . We just happen to meet and fall in love . She is beautiful and educated . I cant answer for others but we married for LOVE.

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

To those who filed k-1, what is the average age difference of a fiance to a fiancee? Is it a matter of desperation for such young girls to marry old guys? Is it for love or money?

I would say that's love will find the way. My fiance and I both were not meet on dating website, to find true soulmate - sorry did not mean insult who met on there-. We met on YouTube, he watched my videos talking about Indonesian cultures. That's all. I did not know his age at that time. He asked me politely to know about me. He did not know my age either. But, just happened that we met at right time, I was single and his as well. We have 13 years age difference. He's the oldest man that I've ever dated. Usually I dated younger ones than me. Maybe because I looked more young than my age.laughing.gif

For love or money? I would say, LOVE. I never asked money from my fiance during our courtship more than 3 years. He wanted to send me but I refused it. I graduated from reputable university (graduated from law school)in my country, get a good job in one of biggest companies in Indonesia. So, If it's not love, I would not leaving good paying job in my country, started over everything in US, making adjustment, etc, etc. And I am not desperated to marry foreigner just because it seems something need to proud of. I do love him unconditional.yes.gif. I can say a thousand or billion good things how we really match to each other. But, again, it would waste of space because everyone is difference in any way.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

teapotgur1983-You did not answer her question --Did you marry out of desperation ? Did you marry for love or money ?

1.I got a good paying job in a call center -Which call center job on the Pi pays good ? 6000 pesos a mth ?

2. I reached graduate school in a known State universityMost philippino girls attended some form of college and cant even get work , or sometimes work as sales clerk .Besides that degree means nothing in the Usa (maybe except a nursing degree).

3.I can basically get any guy that I want if I wanted to-That is showing off your ego and boastful . Then why did you engage a foreigner ? That would be a ''red flag '' for me if I was yr Fiancee.

4.I am not ugly Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder .what you consider ''not being ugly '' may be ugly to others .Besides inner beauty is really what matters .

5, I am just not sure if I want to live in the US or not that's why I took K-1 route--So why did you ever had your fiancee petition for you --another red ** .

6, we will go back to the Philippines, so I don't call myself desperate to get the US visa. You sound like your relationship is a ''Trial and Error" affair . Is your fiancee aware of all this revelations ?

I dont wish to offend anyone from the Philippines --but there are hundreds of Pinay girls who are more well off than you that wish and dream to migrate to the Usa so that they are in a better position to help themselves and their family .You sound like you have it all going on for you and your Fiancce just happen to come along and you are doing it to please him .

Maybe I am just looking into this too far but I do not like the tone of your reply .Be humble and thank God for his blessings .God Bless.

well said. paging teapotgirl.....where are you.....hahaha. BE HUMBLE!!!

Just a little background about me. My mother frequently leaves me with my 2yr old bro when I was 6y/o. I need to cook, feed and look after him. If there's no rice, I have to find someone to loan us. I do not have toys, I used the same school bag for yrs, we can't afford to buy eraser, didn't celebrate birthdays, we got no TV, our floor is not concrete, walls are made of woven bamboo sheet and has to share toilet with other 5 families. When I was 9, my mother totally abandoned us. My father took us but he remarried-moved their own place when I was 12 so we got our own place when I was 15. The money is so tight then, I have to suit myself with $1 budget in a day. I need to cheat the drivers on my way to school, I attend classes starving and find other means to support my college life. After graduating in college, I am on charge with all the bills at home including the school expenses of my brother.

To be honest, financial security is very important to me. I do not like "relaxed" guys because I've seen what's the effect of it. I won't date a guy who doesn't seem promising on both financially and on family life side. I only had 2 bf's at 28. I am not looking for someone like Donald Trump, the guy just have to look responsible, hardworking and loving. I won't date someone just because they are rich either. If I can't sense both feelings, I'd rather be left alone. To sum up, I had a tough childhood and has to mature too early. I never enjoyed prom days- I want someone older. My first BF is a Filipino too and he's 13yrs older than I am.

They have a saying that guys matures 10yrs late than women. Well, I think I was pushed too far by circumstances that's why my fiance is so perfect for me. He's the only one who could put up and understand inside out. I gotta tell you, even if he can't have sex with me anymore, I'd still be happily married and enjoy his company. I can't speak for him what did he like in me but he said that If I am air headed, I wont last with him. We just love to talk.

I like this post and if I were you I wouldn't be "humble" as others have suggested. I like how you stand up for yourself.

To the OP, how many VJ accounts do you have? As a matter of disclosure I have one. If you're seriously curious about age gaps, it's been discussed ad nauseum on VJ since the boards have existed. A simple search will give you reading material for days.

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hubby4life, Let me ask you the same question you raised, How much is your age gap with your partner? I dont know if you are F or M. Is it a matter of desperation for such young girls to marry old guys? Is it for love or money? :)

Timeline

teapotgur1983-You did not answer her question --Did you marry out of desperation ? Did you marry for love or money ?

1.I got a good paying job in a call center -Which call center job on the Pi pays good ? 6000 pesos a mth ?

2. I reached graduate school in a known State universityMost philippino girls attended some form of college and cant even get work , or sometimes work as sales clerk .Besides that degree means nothing in the Usa (maybe except a nursing degree).

3.I can basically get any guy that I want if I wanted to-That is showing off your ego and boastful . Then why did you engage a foreigner ? That would be a ''red flag '' for me if I was yr Fiancee.

4.I am not ugly Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder .what you consider ''not being ugly '' may be ugly to others .Besides inner beauty is really what matters .

5, I am just not sure if I want to live in the US or not that's why I took K-1 route--So why did you ever had your fiancee petition for you --another red ** .

6, we will go back to the Philippines, so I don't call myself desperate to get the US visa. You sound like your relationship is a ''Trial and Error" affair . Is your fiancee aware of all this revelations ?

I dont wish to offend anyone from the Philippines --but there are hundreds of Pinay girls who are more well off than you that wish and dream to migrate to the Usa so that they are in a better position to help themselves and their family. You sound like you have it all going on for you and your Fiancce just happen to come along and you are doing it to please him .

Maybe I am just looking into this too far but I do not like the tone of your reply .Be humble and thank God for his blessings .God Bless.

I am marrying him for both reasons plus we get along and I am happy. I would not marry just because I love him nor because of money. Breads "When were hungry love will keep is alive" is bull**** same thing with 4M's. I never had a death on a immediate family and that sounds devastating.

1. P6k? Is there any call centers in remote area? I am Level 2 technical troubleshooter. It pays 5 figures every month. (clue- P10K x 2 plus) It pays more than food chain supervisor or teacher.

2. True, you have to at least in the 2nd year college to have a job as a sales clerk here in Manila. But I didn't become a sales clerk. I could have teached if I wanted to but call center pays more.

3. Call my line "get any guy if I wanted to" boastful but I heard that line for countless of times from the same people like you who has issues with my relationship.

4. Inner beauty is a Beauty contest cliche. True, but beautiful people always sells and easily liked. It pays to be beautiful.

5, I am just not sure if I want to live in the US or not that's why I took K-1 route--So why did you ever had your fiancee petition for you --another red ** . - HUH? I have never been in the US. How will I know if I really don't like it there if I wont give it a try?

6. Me and my fiance have been together for 5 yrs. Yes, I am on a trial error stage- where to live :rofl: Oh yeah, my fiance is very aware of this and as a matter of fact, he's the one who told me that it's ok to relocate because he noticed that I can't tolerate the AC. I may have worked in a building with cold freezing AC temp but I wear 2 thick layers of clothing from neck to toe.

My fiance is retired, so he can basically be anywhere in the world so residence is not an issue to him. He just leave it to me where I can be happier on both career and cultural side. He knows that even if call center pays a lot, I do not like it. I just do it because I sent my brother in a nursing school. He just graduated this November. I know he'll have a hard time to look for a job because of the course's oversupply but he is on his own now specially when I get married

Now, I do not mean to be boastful. I just do not like the term DESPERATE so I have to tell you what's my background so you could cut me some slack. I am personally against some young girls marrying a way old foreigner so this guy will support her entire family. Because of that, couples like us becomes affected with such stereotyping. Well that's fine. I just need to be a croc skin for the most part.

Also God isn't just teaching to be humble but also not to be judgmental. That's what Jesus Christ taught us about Mary Magdalene, right?

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Timeline

Teapotgurl - you should never argue with an idiot because they will only bring you down to their level and beat you with idiot experience.

It's best not to get in conversations with people who are judgemental. It is hard enough to change ourselves so how hard is it to change someone elses beliefs ? Do what is best for yourself. Judgemental people do not have enough life I presume so they want to invade yours as well. The last judgemental person that tried to give me advice is married to a woman similar in his age and he told me, don't marry such a younger woman. I stood up to him and asked him "Your wife is divorcing you, right ? Didn't your children run away from home recently too? You are also broke and have no money." Go manage your own life. I don't need your advice :bonk:. He left me alone then. I walk around confidently and know what I am doing more than anybody else from the outisde.

I don't need anybody else's opinion. Go fix your own problems you loosers because I am sure you have them. :thumbs:

Edited by DaleFlorida

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I don't like big gaps in age. For some reason, the couple looks desperate to me. You shouldn't contemplate dating someone that could be your father/daughter. It looks obscene. And I am not even taking future children into account.

Edited by Peter_Pan

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Teapotgurl - you should never argue with an idiot because they will only bring you down to their level and beat you with idiot experience.

It's best not to get in conversations with people who are judgemental. It is hard enough to change ourselves so how hard is it to change someone elses beliefs ? Do what is best for yourself. Judgemental people do not have enough life I presume so they want to invade yours as well. The last judgemental person that tried to give me advice is married to a woman similar in his age and he told me, don't marry such a younger woman. I stood up to him and asked him "Your wife is divorcing you, right ? Didn't your children run away from home recently too? You are also broke and have no money." Go manage your own life. I don't need your advice :bonk:. He left me alone then. I walk around confidently and know what I am doing more than anybody else from the outisde.

I don't need anybody else's opinion. Go fix your own problems you loosers because I am sure you have them. :thumbs:

:wow: You woke up in a BAD mood, huh? :hehe:

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Timeline

I don't like big gaps in age. For some reason, the couple looks desperate to me. You shouldn't contemplate dating someone that could be your father/daughter. It looks obscene. And I am not even taking future children into account.

That is perfectly okay. I know you are against the issue in genera, not pertaining to me per se. I have said my peace. My post is for people..

1. who just happen to stumble upon this topic,

2. those who are just seeking an answer

3. and maybe educate

but I won't definitely wear myself out and out of this issue.

Each couple is different, even for couples who are on the same age. For celebrities, some are accused of marrying for fame, some for business reasons and some for political reasons. It just so happened that younger women marrying older partners are often accused of being a gold digger. What I notice though is that, people will not question that union if the female is achiever. They will just ask why and turn to the guy and say "You're one lucky fu*k!".

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Timeline

Guys please if you dont have something good to say then please dont comment nor posts. I think its all for the best. I just think that some of us here were just stirring the pot. :bonk:

Have a Blessed Sunday Everyone! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.