hubby4life

Age difference of fiance to fiancee?

601 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I suspect that some who question a "large" age gap (what ever that really is) have subliminal "buyers remorse".

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Iv'e had this talk with Cherry and she considers herself old as far as getting married at 30 I have to disagree but the wife is always right right?

B&C

To those who filed k-1, what is the average age difference of a fiance to a fiancee? Is it a matter of desperation for such young girls to marry old guys? Is it for love or money?

Ever heard the saying "there are no stupid questions"? Whoever started that catch phrase is WRONG! :bonk: There are stupid questions which are usually asked by stupid people. :hehe:

Stupid question #1 = Only God knows.

Stupid question #2 = Sometimes :yes: sometimes :no:

Stupid question #3 = Sometimes :yes: sometimes :no:

OP = Trolling. :bonk:

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Timeline

Ever heard the saying "there are no stupid questions"? Whoever started that catch phrase is WRONG! :bonk: There are stupid questions which are usually asked by stupid people. :hehe:

:bonk::rofl:

Happy New Year!

I don’t think that a huge age gap between couples may be considered a norm in the Philippines. While there are some known personalities in the country who are in this category, it is still a situation often found to be inadmissible by most people. I must say though that if it involves a filipina and a foreigner, then people are more tolerant about it.

As to the real intention and reason for getting into this kind of situation, I don’t think it is anybody’s business to even question it. There are a lot of factors to consider in every decision we make in our lives and unless you are in the exact same circumstances, then no one has the right to judge other people’s choices in life.

In most cases, I don’t think younger filipinas make a conscious effort to be out in the dating scene and be on the look out for much older guys. Same goes for the older foreign guys who happen to find a much younger woman. It just happens that fate and circumstances brought them together, developed fondness along the way that eventually led to lifelong commitment of marriage. Somehow, these couples are aware of the fact that there will always be prejudice and judgment and I admire those who are able to overcome this hurdle in a respectable manner.

Timeline

I suspect that some who question a "large" age gap (what ever that really is) have subliminal "buyers remorse".

:thumbs: :thumbs:

I don't think that a huge age gap between couples may be considered a norm in the Philippines. While there are some known personalities in the country who are in this category, it is still a situation often found to be inadmissible by most people. I must say though that if it involves a filipina and a foreigner, then people are more tolerant about it.

As to the real intention and reason for getting into this kind of situation, I don't think it is anybody's business to even question it. There are a lot of factors to consider in every decision we make in our lives and unless you are in the exact same circumstances, then no one has the right to judge other people's choices in life.

In most cases, I don't think younger filipinas make a conscious effort to be out in the dating scene and be on the look out for much older guys. Same goes for the older foreign guys who happen to find a much younger woman. It just happens that fate and circumstances brought them together, developed fondness along the way that eventually led to lifelong commitment of marriage. Somehow, these couples are aware of the fact that there will always be prejudice and judgment and I admire those who are able to overcome this hurdle in a respectable manner.

Well Said,"MI-PI"!!:thumbs::thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

I don’t think that a huge age gap between couples may be considered a norm in the Philippines. While there are some known personalities in the country who are in this category, it is still a situation often found to be inadmissible by most people. I must say though that if it involves a filipina and a foreigner, then people are more tolerant about it.

As to the real intention and reason for getting into this kind of situation, I don’t think it is anybody’s business to even question it. There are a lot of factors to consider in every decision we make in our lives and unless you are in the exact same circumstances, then no one has the right to judge other people’s choices in life.

In most cases, I don’t think younger filipinas make a conscious effort to be out in the dating scene and be on the look out for much older guys. Same goes for the older foreign guys who happen to find a much younger woman. It just happens that fate and circumstances brought them together, developed fondness along the way that eventually led to lifelong commitment of marriage. Somehow, these couples are aware of the fact that there will always be prejudice and judgment and I admire those who are able to overcome this hurdle in a respectable manner.

:thumbs:

Happy New Year!

Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! :whistle:

Honey, you're not setting a very good example. :unsure: Be nice! :innocent:

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: Timeline

Well lets admit it. It's really true that A LOT of May-December affair has some hidden agenda to it. The guy wants a trophy wife, the woman needs financial security.

I'm glad you are not defensive :) I mean, I read in one of your post that you have an age gap with your fiance. Naturally, either party would be offended by questions like this.

Take this as a compliment :thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

In the Philippines, there is a joke called 4M which is for Matandang Mayaman, Madaling Mamatay. Literally, rich old farts die faster. Yes, that joke pertains to May-December affairs

:rofl:

yet statistics show that older men tend to live longer married to younger wives.... hmmm :P

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

yet statistics show that older men tend to live longer married to younger wives.... hmmm :P

YEP.........Thats what they say!:yes:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Why would anyone take offense to something an ignorant punk says?

Secondly, what kind of hypocrisy is this saying there is a "hidden agenda" with a man of ANY age wanting a scorching hot wife that knocks herself out for you? I'm supposed to want a fat old hag with a big mouth that sits on her butt all day? :blink: Talk about retarded. Wear your Filipina hottie on your arm with pride.

A woman who doesn't seek security for her children isn't just stupid. She's irresponsible and a bad mother. There is no need to excuse intelligent behavior. Think what they are implying - that she should marry the guys in her neighborhood that drink, gamble, smoke, and fool around. Because that would be TRUE LOVE, and her malnourished uneducated children can steal food from garbage cans, chewing on it with what few rotting teeth they have.

We definitely have found true lust.

Filed: Timeline

In the Philippines, in general women live longer than men(they tend to ahve more vies than women, it's no surprise). I want to know where you got your statistics. You can verify mine at CIA factbook

Why would anyone take offense to something an ignorant punk says?

Secondly, what kind of hypocrisy is this saying there is a "hidden agenda" with a man of ANY age wanting a scorching hot wife that knocks herself out for you? I'm supposed to want a fat old hag with a big mouth that sits on her butt all day? :blink: Talk about retarded. Wear your Filipina hottie on your arm with pride.

A woman who doesn't seek security for her children isn't just stupid. She's irresponsible and a bad mother. There is no need to excuse intelligent behavior. Think what they are implying - that she should marry the guys in her neighborhood that drink, gamble, smoke, and fool around. Because that would be TRUE LOVE, and her malnourished uneducated children can steal food from garbage cans, chewing on it with what few rotting teeth they have.

We definitely have found true lust.

I just noticed some posters here are automatically in defensive mode about the issue.

P.S.: LOL at the last line.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.