hubby4life

Age difference of fiance to fiancee?

601 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i'm filing a cr-1/ir-1. the reason behind the question is almost all of the k-1 petitions in the Philippines have a enormous age gap. must be a rare coincidence, huh?

having age gap is normal in the Philippines. :) what i think is, it's in the persons preference why they want to be with old guys. because they're more matured, more caring and they're really interested in you emotionally, spiritually etc than physically. :yes:

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

i'm filing a cr-1/ir-1. the reason behind the question is almost all of the k-1 petitions in the Philippines have a enormous age gap. must be a rare coincidence, huh?

Not really any different than China, Ukraine, USA .... (sorry if I left a bunch of countries out..)

http://marriage.abou...maydecember.htm

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

having age gap is normal in the Philippines. :) what i think is, it's in the persons preference why they want to be with old guys. because they're more matured, more caring and they're really interested in you emotionally, spiritually etc than physically. :yes:

I Agree with that "Im in Love"!! Its the 2 people involved more than others on the outside looking in and making judgement Calls.How do people know a 50 year old man and a Young 20 something Ladys relationship wont work? You know me? You know my Fiancee? do you know anything about us? judge not that you be not judged!!!:thumbs::thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Hey Hank...I was going to say that my fiance, Diana, is a lot better looking than me too.....I mean come on, I've heard the same junk because people are of different races, or different cultures, or religion as well....the list goes on. I've seen marriages last forever when people thought they had no chance, (different race, age, etc)...and I've seen them blow up in a matter of months when they were perfectly matched, (same race, age group, both good looking, both had most of their teeth, etc)....haha.

Point is, whats that say'n, 'life is like a box of chocolates'.....you just don't know....it's gonna happen has its mapped out to happen.

I've been judged my whole life, from dating a black chick in high school, to my previous marriage to a Filipina, (a very long marriage I might add), to my body art....I could care less what people think about me, I do what I want and whats best for me.

Off of my soapbox, and outside to enjoy the day, love, peace and chicken grease.

Timeline

Radical age differences as far as visas go seems to be not a big problem as long as requirements are met and you can prove a bona fide relationship. As to why much older guys want much younger women,or why much younger women agree to marry much older guys...that argument can go on for a long time. In my humble opinion, when a 50yo guy and a 20yo girl say they found "true love" I don't think so. :whistle:

I Agree with "Ron and Diana", I find that comment rather offensive myself. i dont know what you base your opinion 'on", whether you know some individuals in that age disparity or if it is your own opinion based on whatever. Unless you KNOW a 50 year old and a 20 year old personally, that relationship went South, I would withhold judgement on others, Especially those I know nothing about!!:thumbs: :thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Radical age differences as far as visas go seems to be not a big problem as long as requirements are met and you can prove a bona fide relationship. As to why much older guys want much younger women,or why much younger women agree to marry much older guys...that argument can go on for a long time. In my humble opinion, when a 50yo guy and a 20yo girl say they found "true love" I don't think so. :whistle:

Sure it is: He loves what she's got, and she loves what he's got, and therefore they end up loving each other. :bonk:

Edited by Boing!

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

I'm so glad you guys all chimed in.....Hank, 'I'm in love', SouthCal.....HAIL YEAAAAA, I have a habit of telling people who don't like what I am doing, I look them in the eye and say they can suck it. I have a very big mouth....hahaha

Timeline

I'm so glad you guys all chimed in.....Hank, 'I'm in love', SouthCal.....HAIL YEAAAAA, I have a habit of telling people who don't like what I am doing, I look them in the eye and say they can suck it. I have a very big mouth....hahaha

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

I Agree with "Ron and Diana", I find that comment rather offensive myself. i dont know what you base your opinion 'on", whether you know some individuals in that age disparity or if it is your own opinion based on whatever. Unless you KNOW a 50 year old and a 20 year old personally, that relationship went South, I would withhold judgement on others, Especially those I know nothing about!!:thumbs: :thumbs:

Witchya sista...!!!

:thumbs::thumbs:

Timeline

Witchya sista...!!!

:thumbs::thumbs:

Brother........... thats my Fiancees pic........:rofl::rofl: :rofl::thumbs:

Edited by southcalhog

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey Hank...I was going to say that my fiance, Diana, is a lot better looking than me too.....I mean come on, I've heard the same junk because people are of different races, or different cultures, or religion as well....the list goes on. I've seen marriages last forever when people thought they had no chance, (different race, age, etc)...and I've seen them blow up in a matter of months when they were perfectly matched, (same race, age group, both good looking, both had most of their teeth, etc)....haha.

Point is, whats that say'n, 'life is like a box of chocolates'.....you just don't know....it's gonna happen has its mapped out to happen.

I've been judged my whole life, from dating a black chick in high school, to my previous marriage to a Filipina, (a very long marriage I might add), to my body art....I could care less what people think about me, I do what I want and whats best for me.

Off of my soapbox, and outside to enjoy the day, love, peace and chicken grease.

I don't have body art but I think I share your attitude... :thumbs:

And yup Forrest did get it right - life is like a box of chocolates...

I married a woman 9 days younger than me, was soooooooooooo unhappy until we got divorced, then met my past wife on match.com had a great marriage until cancer showed up... went back to match.com when I finally could breath again and ready to smile only found frustration and was ready to totally quit the dating scene and just fire up the bike. A good friend of mine pointed me toward the Phils and as the say goes... the rest is history. Yup she is much younger, for sure much better looking than me also :lol: . Why younger, it just happened and trust me I was not expecting to find such a wonderful woman... I am all smiles now. :dance:

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Just a little background about me. My mother frequently leaves me with my 2yr old bro when I was 6y/o. I need to cook, feed and look after him. If there's no rice, I have to find someone to loan us. I do not have toys, I used the same school bag for yrs, we can't afford to buy eraser, didn't celebrate birthdays, we got no TV, our floor is not concrete, walls are made of woven bamboo sheet and has to share toilet with other 5 families. When I was 9, my mother totally abandoned us. My father took us but he remarried-moved their own place when I was 12 so we got our own place when I was 15. The money is so tight then, I have to suit myself with $1 budget in a day. I need to cheat the drivers on my way to school, I attend classes starving and find other means to support my college life. After graduating in college, I am on charge with all the bills at home including the school expenses of my brother.

To be honest, financial security is very important to me. I do not like "relaxed" guys because I've seen what's the effect of it. I won't date a guy who doesn't seem promising on both financially and on family life side. I only had 2 bf's at 28. I am not looking for someone like Donald Trump, the guy just have to look responsible, hardworking and loving. I won't date someone just because they are rich either. If I can't sense both feelings, I'd rather be left alone. To sum up, I had a tough childhood and has to mature too early. I never enjoyed prom days- I want someone older. My first BF is a Filipino too and he's 13yrs older than I am.

They have a saying that guys matures 10yrs late than women. Well, I think I was pushed too far by circumstances that's why my fiance is so perfect for me. He's the only one who could put up and understand inside out. I gotta tell you, even if he can't have sex with me anymore, I'd still be happily married and enjoy his company. I can't speak for him what did he like in me but he said that If I am air headed, I wont last with him. We just love to talk.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Timeline

But going back to my first post, I am not desperate to be in the US. It just so happen that a guy someone from there who's 29yrs older than I am fell in love with me that I loved back. We are going to live here in PI if I won't like in OH. I can make a career on my own wherever I am whoever I am with- even alone. I just know it.

Happy New Year!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.