LeeAnna

SCARS! I NEED THOUGHTS PLEASE!

54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day everyone and thank you for the helpful replies i got the previous days! I have yet another question to ask and this might be too personal to divulge but i just am sick worried. On our MEDICAL EXAMINATION (Manila, Philippines) they said the physician will check for slash marks (suicide attempts). I have numerous slash marks on both my wrists and even have stitches on my right wrist. I also have some scars on my stomach. Will these be grounds for a visa denial? I have been seeing a shrink in the last 3 months and I am taking meeds. I stopped my cutting for approximately 3 months now (since i started taking meds and seeing a doctor). Please, is there something that i should anticipate e.g. worst case scenario? I am really worried. :unsure:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

No, even if they do chec k for those, they will ask you questions, if they aer not happy with your answers, they will ask you to meet up with a therapist in order to complete your medical. Its just a waste of time and money

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I have a lot of old scars on my wrists from when i was younger, i haven't self harmed in about five years though. my doctor was kind enough to write me a letter to take to my medical explaining and stating that in his opinion i would be of no harm to myself or others in the forseeable future. The biggest thing that they want to know is that you will be okay when you get to the USA. You will probably have a couple extra things to complete for your medical but you should be okay. try not to worry, i know it's hard but just try :) I was also on antidepressants earlier in the year, i go on and off them a lot, but i was weaned off of them about a month before my medical, i admitted this to the doctor and he was fine with it. At my consulate interview too they asked about my depression and if i thought it would be a problem and if i had means to access medication in the USA if i needed too.

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

Timeline

No, even if they do chec k for those, they will ask you questions, if they aer not happy with your answers, they will ask you to meet up with a therapist in order to complete your medical. Its just a waste of time and money

yes, i do see your point, thank you! (relief)

Timeline

I have a lot of old scars on my wrists from when i was younger, i haven't self harmed in about five years though. my doctor was kind enough to write me a letter to take to my medical explaining and stating that in his opinion i would be of no harm to myself or others in the forseeable future. The biggest thing that they want to know is that you will be okay when you get to the USA. You will probably have a couple extra things to complete for your medical but you should be okay. try not to worry, i know it's hard but just try :) I was also on antidepressants earlier in the year, i go on and off them a lot, but i was weaned off of them about a month before my medical, i admitted this to the doctor and he was fine with it. At my consulate interview too they asked about my depression and if i thought it would be a problem and if i had means to access medication in the USA if i needed too.

Yes, thank you. I was thinking of asking a letter from my doctor as well. I will TRY not to worry, thank you so much for the encouragement! I am taking mood stabilizers/anti psychotic meds at the moment and they are of such great help. I am wondering if i should stop taking them a month prior to my medical exam but im afraid i cant skip a pill. lol. I have no intentions of keeping these from the attending physician on my medical exam. I was thinking it would only complicate the matter. I dont think ill have a problem getting a prescription once i get to the states, coz my fiance and i have been discussing my meds and yes, they do have it there. I hope it all works out. It's my only concern really, my biggest worry actually. Thanks so much for the help! It feels good to know someone went thru what i am about to go through. Thanks again!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Are you slashed marks a suicide attempts or natural.if latter u shld be fine.Just my tot

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Worst case scenario they could deny your visa.

More likely: They make you see their psychologist to determine if you are well enough to move to a new country, get married, etc.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Good day everyone and thank you for the helpful replies i got the previous days! I have yet another question to ask and this might be too personal to divulge but i just am sick worried. On our MEDICAL EXAMINATION (Manila, Philippines) they said the physician will check for slash marks (suicide attempts). I have numerous slash marks on both my wrists and even have stitches on my right wrist. I also have some scars on my stomach. Will these be grounds for a visa denial? I have been seeing a shrink in the last 3 months and I am taking meeds. I stopped my cutting for approximately 3 months now (since i started taking meds and seeing a doctor). Please, is there something that i should anticipate e.g. worst case scenario? I am really worried. :unsure:

Well worst case scenario yes they an deny you. Likelihood of this? Well it depends entirely on your history and current condition.

Read this post here; http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/239711-self-harm-depression who is someone similar to you and who went through what I expect you will.

This post here also shows you it's possible to pass no prob: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/308711-the-full-truth-about-mental-health-issues

Timeline

they were attempted suicide scars :( and they are pretty bad :( although someone has the same things i got, (i thought my first post did not go through, but it did :) ) it's on my 1st post. she told me i should ask my shrink to send a letter, which ill request off hers, to show to my attending physician during my medical exam. i stopped cutting for quite awhile now, for, almost 3 months. since i started taking my meds i feel a lot better. i hope this doesn't cause me anything. god forbid.

Timeline

Worst case scenario they could deny your visa.

More likely: They make you see their psychologist to determine if you are well enough to move to a new country, get married, etc.

god forbid. i am seeing a shrink in the last 3 mos and the cutting has stopped. i will have access to some meds when i get to the states and my fiance assured me of it. someone advised me that i can request a letter from my psychiatrist that i wont be of harm to anyone when i leave, as i havent been hurting myself for awhile now. im really worried. :unsure:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You asked the same question in another thread, and another member directed you to a similar thread. You should read through that one, I think it will help you a lot. You basically need a letter from your doctor or psychologist saying you're being treated and that you are unlikely to self-harm in the future. I'm not trying to scare you, but you have to understand they want you to be safe and able to cope with a life altering transition. If you are getting help it should work out in your favor because you were brave enough to seek help, which demonstrates that you *want* to get better.

Best of luck!

You might be need to provide a psychiatrist stated that you have good mental to moved to another country. I am not sure, but many people get many distressful to adjust their life when moved to new places. I hope everything would be fine. Good luck.good.gif

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

Well worst case scenario yes they an deny you. Likelihood of this? Well it depends entirely on your history and current condition.

Read this post here; http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/239711-self-harm-depression who is someone similar to you and who went through what I expect you will.

This post here also shows you it's possible to pass no prob: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/308711-the-full-truth-about-mental-health-issues

Thank you very much, this makes me more nervous but i guess i have to deal with it. Thank u! this was helpful..im shaking now,,,sigh

Timeline

You asked the same question in another thread, and another member directed you to a similar thread. You should read through that one, I think it will help you a lot. You basically need a letter from your doctor or psychologist saying you're being treated and that you are unlikely to self-harm in the future. I'm not trying to scare you, but you have to understand they want you to be safe and able to cope with a life altering transition. If you are getting help it should work out in your favor because you were brave enough to seek help, which demonstrates that you *want* to get better.

Best of luck!

yes, i thought my first pst didnt went thru..

You might be need to provide a psychiatrist stated that you have good mental to moved to another country. I am not sure, but many people get many distressful to adjust their life when moved to new places. I hope everything would be fine. Good luck.good.gif

yes, i am thinking of doing that..thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

betta go get some plastic surgery done, to cover those scars :help:

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.