Gina & Johann

Any more case #s received from the NVC???

23 posts in this topic

Ah! So frustrating! I seriously e-mail EVERYDAY becasue it takes a couple of days to get back ... so I e-mail in hopes of hearing something. Still no word. It has only been 10 working days, but I was just hoping that after having to wait so long for the CSC, it wouldn't be so bad now. And I do agree ... although I have no anger towards the petitions that are being processed first, it is a bit frustrating.

And call too...will get their attention...it took 26 days from NOA2 approval for them to email us (as a response to our inquiry) that they have assigned us a case number & sent our approved petition to the Embassy/Consulate

Good luck and Godspeed,

(F)

The only thing is that I can't call because I am out at sea and don't have easy access to a phone. Can I call on Sundays??? When you say yours took 26 days ... are you counting weekend days or just working days??? Thanks for your advise!!! Good luck with the Embassy/Consulate for you!

Their system to send out approved petitons really suck. I have seen where many people approved after ours had already been forwarded to the embassy. Ours was reaffirmed on 8/30/06 and the NVC just got it on 10/2/06, just a mere 33 days! :lol:

Try be patient, as hard as that is, it will get there!

LOL. Is waiting a mere 69 days patient enough? NVC have yet receive my petition from CSC. :help:

I wish that you were joking! It makes my stomach turn to hear this. That is just inhumane! Why is this okay? I just don't understand. It makes me so frustrated to see so many illegal immigrants in the US, and then we try to go about things the correct way, and it feels like we are being punished in a sense. It is so unfair. I am so sorry for you. I will keep you in my prayers. Have you thought about contacting your senator?

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Trinidad & Tobago

4-18: I-129F Sent

4-25: I-129F NOA1

6-23: I-129F RFE

8-27: Sent RFE Reply

9-15: I-129F NOA2 FINALLY!!! Thanks be to you lord!

9-19: NOA2 by postmarked in snail mail (rcvd' around the 22nd)

10-12: Received e-mail from the NVC stating they recently forwarded our petition to the consulate! =)

10-17: Consulate received petition from NVC and mailed out packet 3 & 4

10-25: Johann collects Packet 3 & 4 from embassy!

10-27: Return information to the embassy!

11-7: Received Packet 4

11-28: INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DID IT~ APPROVED

12-1: Visa Picked up from Embassy

12-23: Johann is coming to the STATES! Yay!

3-17: It's a GREEN Wedding!!!

picture051ay0.th.jpg

"Though miles may lie between us, we're never far apart, for friendship doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart."

- Rozina Hasham

americanflagyj1.th.giftrinidadflagmf1.th.gif[/font][/color][/font]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ah! So frustrating! I seriously e-mail EVERYDAY becasue it takes a couple of days to get back ... so I e-mail in hopes of hearing something. Still no word. It has only been 10 working days, but I was just hoping that after having to wait so long for the CSC, it wouldn't be so bad now. And I do agree ... although I have no anger towards the petitions that are being processed first, it is a bit frustrating.

And call too...will get their attention...it took 26 days from NOA2 approval for them to email us (as a response to our inquiry) that they have assigned us a case number & sent our approved petition to the Embassy/Consulate

Good luck and Godspeed,

(F)

The only thing is that I can't call because I am out at sea and don't have easy access to a phone. Can I call on Sundays??? When you say yours took 26 days ... are you counting weekend days or just working days??? Thanks for your advise!!! Good luck with the Embassy/Consulate for you!

Their system to send out approved petitons really suck. I have seen where many people approved after ours had already been forwarded to the embassy. Ours was reaffirmed on 8/30/06 and the NVC just got it on 10/2/06, just a mere 33 days! :lol:

LOL. Is waiting a mere 69 days patient enough? NVC have yet receive my petition from CSC. :help:

I wish that you were joking! It makes my stomach turn to hear this. That is just inhumane! Why is this okay? I just don't understand. It makes me so frustrated to see so many illegal immigrants in the US, and then we try to go about things the correct way, and it feels like we are being punished in a sense. It is so unfair. I am so sorry for you. I will keep you in my prayers. Have you thought about contacting your senator?

If you already haven't done so contact your local sentor's office. 69 days is insane, and there is no reason you should be waiting so long!!

Edited by AKS

I-751 10yr Green Card

01-07-10 Approval Letter for the 10yr Green Card

01-15-10 Production Email Regarding the Green Card from USCIS

01-28-10 Green Card received from USCIS

US Citizenship

10-19-10 Mailed N-400 packet to Texas via Priority Mail

10-22-10 Packet was delivered after being forwarded to Dallas

10-27-10 Check was finally cashed by USCIS

10-30-10 I-797C Notice of Action (NOA) Received

11-02-10 RFE Text Message, and Email Received (Must be the Biometrics)

11-08-10 Biometrics Letter Received for 11/17/2010

11-17-10 Biometrics was done with in five minutes of reaching at 8:00am

12-06-10 Testing, and Interview email status received via email from USCIS with information to expect a letter shortly with appoinment time.

1-13-11 Interview Passed with form N-652 checked [box A] with congrats you have been recommended for finally approval.

1-13-11 USCIS JAX officer said the Oath letter will come in two or three months.

2-23-11 Oath Ceremony Letter was received for March 17th for 9am in the GNV Federal Court House

3-17-11 Oath Certificate was received at the oath ceremony, and appointment made for US passport for Monday 3-21-11.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

That is just way to long! When I had contacted the CSC about this they said to contact them if it wasn't received in 30 days. I have been this route with them before, so it isn't like a quick fix. They issue an inquiry and you need to wait another 30 days for a response.

I don't really see what recourse you have, but yes it has been too long for you. If it were me I would call the CSC and request an inquiry, then I would contact your local senator/congressman for assistance. They can't speed up the process, but what they can do is show a little muscle when they are out of their processing time guidelines.

Good luck!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Good luck and Godspeed,

(F)

Oh yes.. I've contacted both of my senators. Hehe. They tell me to wait 2 weeks for the aides to work on my case and another 2-4 weeks a reply. :wacko: I've also contacted CIS (CSC) and they tell me to wait 120 days before they can do anything.

So to summarize the waiting periods after approval before someone can help me are:

CSC: 120 days

NVC: 90 days

Both of my Senators: 30-45 days

Insane! Now when I see people waiting for 1 week and they cry wolf on this board kinda gets my blood boil.

AOS I-485 & EAD

11/13/2008: Form I-485 & I-765 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/14/2008: Received and signed

11/24/2008: Received AOS & EAD Rejection Letter Dated 11/20/2008 - Typo on DOB

11/25/2008: Resend I-485 & I-765 to Chicago Lockbox again

11/26/2008: Received and signed by V BUSTAMANTE

12/05/2008: Check cashed

12/08/2008: NOAs for I-485 & I-765

12/27/2008: Biometrics Appointment

04/14/2009: Recieved 2yr GC

I-751

03/10/2011: Sent Form I-751 to CSC

03/11/2011: NOA

04/11/2011: Biometerics appt.

06/24/2011:10 GC received

N-400

02/13/2012: Sent N-400 to Phoenix Lockbox

02/17/2012: Check Cashed

02/21/2012: NOA Recieved

03/12/2012: Biometrics Appointment

06/05/2012: Interview Appointment

Good luck and Godspeed,

(F)

Oh yes.. I've contacted both of my senators. Hehe. They tell me to wait 2 weeks for the aides to work on my case and another 2-4 weeks a reply. :wacko: I've also contacted CIS (CSC) and they tell me to wait 120 days before they can do anything.

So to summarize the waiting periods after approval before someone can help me are:

Insane! Now when I see people waiting for 1 week and they cry wolf on this board kinda gets my blood boil.

Oh no! I am so, so, so, very sorry that you are having to go throug this! I can't believe this! That is so horrible. Ouch! Did they give you any reason that this could be happening???

10-12: Received e-mail from the NVC stating they recently forwarded our petition to the consulate! =)

picture051ay0.th.jpg

"Though miles may lie between us, we're never far apart, for friendship doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart."

- Rozina Hasham

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good luck and Godspeed,

(F)

Oh no! I am so, so, so, very sorry that you are having to go throug this! I can't believe this! That is so horrible. Ouch! Did they give you any reason that this could be happening???

I feel very bad for everyone having to wait so long. I am almost embarassed to say that our NOA2 was 09/27 and I called NVC today (10/06) and they have our case there and have assigned it a new case #. The girl that helped me was very nice. She said that it should be leaving the NVC in 10-14 working days for Cairo. I wish for all waiting for so long that you have some answers soon to where you case is and that it will be at NVC very quickly. (F)

K3 Visa

03/26/06 Wedding day!!

waiting for documents to be translated and sent to me in US

05/21/06 Return to Egypt to visit for 9 wonderful days!

06/06/06 I-130 sent (finally!!)

07/12/06 NOA1

10/02/06 Approved!!!

07/20/06 I129f sent

07/24/06 NOA1

09/27/06 I129f approved!!!!

10/06/06 At NVC and case # assigned. Woohoo!!!

10/10/06 NVC sent K3 documents to Cairo today!!!

10/15/06 K3 documents received at Cairo consulate.

10/29/06 Packet 3 received.

11/01/06 Medical appointment

11/08/06 Medical certificate received

11/10/06 Packet 3 sent by delivery service

11/12/06 Packet received at consulate

02/05/07 Interview Date

02/16/07 10 day trip to Egypt

06/25/07 Home visit by field investigator

01/14/08 Got the email to send in his passport for visa!!!!

01/28/08 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!

03/17/08 Arrival in USA!!!!!!!

Good luck and Godspeed,

(F)

I feel very bad for everyone having to wait so long. I am almost embarassed to say that our NOA2 was 09/27 and I called NVC today (10/06) and they have our case there and have assigned it a new case #. The girl that helped me was very nice. She said that it should be leaving the NVC in 10-14 working days for Cairo. I wish for all waiting for so long that you have some answers soon to where you case is and that it will be at NVC very quickly. (F)

Becky and Sam ... don't feel bad or embaressed. Everything happens for a reason and you should feel blessed that yours came through so quick. Congratulations! I pray for you that you have the same speed with the rest of your journey as you did with this part of the process. Again, congratulations and enjoy this moment in knowing you are one step closer. Our NOA2 was 9/15, and we were just given a new case number as well yesterday, so let's hope that everyone else was in the same batch we were. Turn that embaressment into hope for all those others! God bless!

picture051ay0.th.jpg

- Rozina Hasham

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.