RickDM

Deporting my wife

73 posts in this topic

Let's see how "scathing" it was: here it is (the message), word for word...I think she's emotionally disturbed...to tell you the truth...she is also obviously obsessed with me: everything I write, she has to comment on: she can't NOT comment ion it...it's a little scary...

You over-emphasize your own importance. I have been on VJ for quite some time (and for a time before japau under a different name, in fact), and there's never a dearth of people that will offer judgments and opinions on things they A. don't really know anything about; B. couldn't fathom or understand the true factual situation (because it is occurring in someone else's life, not theirs); or C. have no training justifying the opinion. When I see that, I comment. Also, when untrained people start telling me I'm "wrong" or that I'm telling someone to "do something illegal" that really pisses me off, because A. I don't tell anyone to do something illegal; and B. the law, especially immigration law, is not so cut and dried as to offer only one answer or solution in many circumstances - the fact pattern is all important in making the analysis.

VJ used to be about support - now it's deteriorated into bitter, angry judgment and people offering unsupported and insupportable opinions (usually not requested). I could care less about you, your friends, what they think about me, and etc. What I care about is the people on here and helping them get a result. I don't agree with your "views" because they are the views of someone without training, or professional experience, and are based on internet research and googling and all the rest of that nonsense instead of real world experience. Practice law for 20 years (and, by the way, I am the Chief Legal Officer of a publicly-traded corporation and a graduate of an Ivy league Law School with 3 degrees in addition to a JD, not that it's any of your business) and even then it's hard to give the "right" answer to many of these problems. You present yourself as an authority and that's the most dangerous of all - God forbid if someone with no options actually takes your advice. What you should be doing (if you really cared to help) is state that it's "your personal opinion" and you "are not an attorney" and that most people with any doubts "should hire an immigration attorney to help them." Then, you would be doing right by the people on the Board.

Finally, I have never been a fan of "know it alls" because in the end, they know a little bit about a lot, which adds up to a whole bunch of nothing about anything really important, and while it's easy to "talk the talk" with a few buzz words or a thesaurus, it's really hard to 'walk the walk' and provide anything of real substance. If this was a dating chat room, I wouldn't care what you said to anyone, but people's lives and happiness are at stake here, and when you support angry, bitter people and their "throw 'em back" or "report them" mentality and their apparently bigoted mindset, you take on those ideals as your own - and that's the beginning and end of it for me. An old Columbian saying loosely translated states: "tell me who you're with and I'll tell you what you are." Take a good look around you...

Again, I don't wish you ill, and in fact, I don't wish you anything at all either way (I don't really care, you are a disembodied voice on the internet)...however, you don't start something in public and then cry foul and claim it should now be in private...wouldn't that be convenient if it worked that way?

Don't comment negatively on my posts making believe you're going to "prove me wrong," and we won't have any problems...that's the easy way...capische?

Edited by japau

August 27, 2004 - - Married

09/07/04. Apply I-130 - (receipt date) (Day 1/NA/NA)

10/12/04. I-130 Approved - (Day 35/NA/NA)

10/16/04. NVC Receives Case (Day 39/Day 1/NA)

11/08/04. NVC Assigns Case Number (Day 62/Day 23/Day 1)

12/06/04. I-864 and IV fees sent out express (Day 88/Day 49/Day 26)

12/20/04. I-864 and DS-230 "generated" (Day 102/Day 63/Day 40)

01/07/05. I-864 and DS-230 sent express (Day 120/Day 81/Day 58)

01/10/05. I-864 and DS-230 Rec'd at NVC (Day 123/Day 84/Day 61)

01/12/05. NVC reports receipt of papers and begins entering information (Day 125/Day 86/Day 63)

01/14/05. System updated with "biographic forms received" message. (Day 127/Day 88/Day 65)

02/03/05. Case APPROVED and forwarded to EMBASSY! (Day 147/Day 108/Day 85)

02/10/05. Embassy receives case, interview appointment arranged via email for 03/03/05!

SUCCESS! VISA 'INTERVIEW' WITH NO QUESTIONS TO MY WIFE AT ALL COMPLETED ON 03-03-05. VISA IN HAND ON 03-04!!! DAY 175 (AFTER SENDING I-130) - DAY 136 (AFTER RECEIPT OF CASE AT NVC) - DAY 113 (AFTER ASSIGNMENT OF CASE NUMBER)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

01/08/07. I-751 Mailed to TSC

01/11/07. Checks Cashed

01/22/07. I-797C Received. Green Card Extended 12 Months

02/08/07. Bimoetrics appointment (for 3/01) received

03/01/07. Biometrics Taken in Tampa

03/02/07. Online - Record - Updated (probably for biometrics)

06/04/07. Card Production Ordered (Allow 30 days for delivery)

06/11/07. 10 year card received.

NATURALIZATION

04/08/08. Filed application

08/01/01. Received Interview Date (September 25)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

There is no troll, this is a legitimate post.

See, here is the perfect example of exactly what I noted about Miss Debate: those that decided this is a troll "engaged in speculation." However, Miss Debate "decided" (maybe she is George W. the "Decider" in disguise?) that this was not a troll and therefore, it decidedly is not a troll, and there is no speculation in that conclusion, based on the same exact facts and with no additional information. Can you say and spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E?

Negative. I didn't decide. I clearly stated that I approached the source, and received all of the facts and information, unlike you. Once again, this is a travesty. Now, care for some humble pie? ;)

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Yes, you "approached the source" privately, and they spilled out all the facts that they won't post here on which you decided the post was legitimate...but they never again came back to say one word in their own self-defense...ridiculous...stop the charade Miss Debate...we're on to you!

Edited by japau

01/12/05. NVC reports receipt of papers and begins entering information (Day 125/Day 86/Day 63)

01/14/05. System updated with "biographic forms received" message. (Day 127/Day 88/Day 65)

02/10/05. Embassy receives case, interview appointment arranged via email for 03/03/05!

SUCCESS! VISA 'INTERVIEW' WITH NO QUESTIONS TO MY WIFE AT ALL COMPLETED ON 03-03-05. VISA IN HAND ON 03-04!!! DAY 175 (AFTER SENDING I-130) - DAY 136 (AFTER RECEIPT OF CASE AT NVC) - DAY 113 (AFTER ASSIGNMENT OF CASE NUMBER)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

01/11/07. Checks Cashed

NATURALIZATION

Negative. I didn't decide. I clearly stated that I approached the source, and received all of the facts and information, unlike you. Once again, this is a travesty. Now, care for some humble pie? ;)

You say you "approached the source and received all the facts and information". It really means you "received a story that made the OP's post sound legit". You've heard of the word "propaganda", mermaid?

No budging here--OP is a troll.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

If the OP would post the details here, he might get a broader spectrum of replies that could provide him better insight into his options. When information is passed in private, a limited perspective is unavoidable.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

You over-emphasize your own importance. I have been on VJ for quite some time (and for a time before japau under a different name, in fact), and there's never a dearth of people that will offer judgments and opinions on things they A. don't really know anything about; B. couldn't fathom or understand the true factual situation (because it is occurring in someone else's life, not theirs); or C. have no training justifying the opinion. When I see that, I comment. Also, when untrained people start telling me I'm "wrong" or that I'm telling someone to "do something illegal" that really pisses me off, because A. I don't tell anyone to do something illegal; and B. the law, especially immigration law, is not so cut and dried as to offer only one answer or solution in many circumstances - the fact pattern is all important in making the analysis.

VJ used to be about support - now it's deteriorated into bitter, angry judgment and people offering unsupported and insupportable opinions (usually not requested). I could care less about you, your friends, what they think about me, and etc. What I care about is the people on here and helping them get a result. I don't agree with your "views" because they are the views of someone without training, or professional experience, and are based on internet research and googling and all the rest of that nonsense instead of real world experience.

Practice law for 20 years (and, by the way, I am the Chief Legal Officer of a publicly-traded corporation and a graduate of an Ivy league Law School with 3 degrees in addition to a JD, not that it's any of your business) and even then it's hard to give the "right" answer to many of these problems. You present yourself as an authority and that's the most dangerous of all - God forbid if someone with no options actually takes your advice. What you should be doing (if you really cared to help) is state that it's "your personal opinion" and you "are not an attorney" and that most people with any doubts "should hire an immigration attorney to help them." Then, you would be doing right by the people on the Board.

Finally, I have never been a fan of "know it alls" because in the end, they know a little bit about a lot, which adds up to a whole bunch of nothing about anything really important, and while it's easy to "talk the talk" with a few buzz words or a thesaurus, it's really hard to 'walk the walk' and provide anything of real substance.

If this was a dating chat room, I wouldn't care what you said to anyone, but people's lives and happiness are at stake here, and when you support angry, bitter people and their "throw 'em back" or "report them" mentality and their apparently bigoted mindset, you take on those ideals as your own - and that's the beginning and end of it for me. An old Columbian saying loosely translated states: "tell me who you're with and I'll tell you what you are." Take a good look around you..

I have no idea who you were prior to this ID, but you must not have been around long, and certainly not as long as I have. There have always been people offering opinions, and there was a period, not so long ago, when some other attorney (who shall remain unamed) made a big "to-do" about UPL and notarios, which was of course helpful for all to know, and the temproary upshot was that everyone was prompted to place disclaimer info in their signatures, but it really was a tempest in a teacup blown completely out of control.

I'd like to know how it is that you have determined that I (a.) don't know anything about (b.) can't fathom because it is happening to someone else and not to me. I may not advertise my personal details with regard to that, but that doesn't necessarily mean that such information doesn't exist, now does it?

Once again, conjecture, and furthermore, in my opinion while you are correct that the law is not cut and dried and it's hard to argue that protocol outlined in subsequent memoranda issued by NSC clearly indicates what an alien, in various situations, should do. This is the crux of my objection to the suggestion you offered to the member in the thread in which we participated, in that it does not fall within those parameters outlined by the Service, itself. I notice you did not address that in any of your posts or this private message, and yet that does appear to be the issue over which yours and my opinion is diametrically opposed.

Once again, conjecture on your part as to the real world experience. Then we are of the same opinion as to the reason we're both on the board and to caring about "you", and to correct your supposition again, I 'm not on VJ to make friends. My participation there is only to help.

Once again another commonality. You're not the only Chief Officer of a corporation, nor graduate of an Ivy League institution with several degrees, and I agree that there can be a multitude of solutions to various problems, but in the instant case, the answer was clear in guidance from NSC. To completely disregard or denigrate that in your address to the OP was irresponsible, in my opinion.

Odd. You come off as being just that - a know it all. Just how does your corporate legal experience and training prepare you to answer intricate immigration issues, then?

Another example of you not really reading what I've written. I'm quite sure I've never supported angry, bitter individuals, nor do I subscribe to the 'throw 'em back' or 'report them' mindset...and if you knew my personal background, you wouldn't suggest that of me.

I don't present myself as anything, in fact, unlike you, I did not boast about whatever experience I have. And your review of my 3500 posts must have been very cursory indeed, as more often than not, I articulate that seeking 'competent' professional legal advice is paramount and I represent the vast majority of my answers in such language that it is clear that I represent it as an opinion. FYI, posts that contain language such as "I'd imagine, I suppose, I believe, I'd think are all very capable of conveying that fact without the perfunctory "this is an opinion".

I'm not crying foul at all. And I'm more than capable and willing to continue this in public, but I didn't wish to hijack a thread anymore than I have to hash this out. However, if you prefer, I shall...

Don't comment negatively on my posts making believe you're going to "prove me wrong," and we won't have any problems...that's the easy way...capische?

Very authoritative, counselor! Not willing to yet admit that the information provided by USCIS is appropriate in this case, eh?

Yes, you "approached the source" privately, and they spilled out all the facts that they won't post here on which you decided the post was legitimate...but they never again came back to say one word in their own self-defense...ridiculous...stop the charade Miss Debate...we're on to you!

With the kind of welcome offered here, do you blame a person who is clearly hurting from having been deceived choosing to avoid the train wreck you've created? I've tried to get this thing back on topic twice already...but you're relentless. You should be ashamed to hang that shingle!

Edited by diadromous mermaid

"diaddie mermaid"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

quote=Kathryn]maybe he isn't able to remember it, Diaddie; after all, he doesn't seem to be reading your posts anyway.

Kathyrn,

I am all for offering the benefit of doubt, but in this particular case, I'm afraid this is intentional. Let's just say I received a fairly lengthy and rather scathing private message from our "revered counselor' yesterday, that makes it impossible for this manner of addressing me to be anything but deliberate and calumniatory."

I was being facetious. I agree, he is being deliberately calumnious and malicious. I would also suggest to him that he would benefit from reading his own posts - while looking in a mirror"

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Look, Miss Debate, again, read the last line of my disclaimer: that applies to you for all time. Please stop stalking me and commenting on every post I write - it's not at all that serious. I know that with 6000 posts or whetever it is you have you think its a "numbers" game to "being right," but really, no one cares except for you...I'm sitting here actually feeling sorry for you...the fact that you have to twist around what people say and mischaracterize statements and put your own spin on everything just to overpost on every little issue on VJ shows that (flashback to "Cuckoo's Nest") "It's medication time..." Please try to get some help...

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

01/11/07. Checks Cashed

NATURALIZATION

Look, Miss Debate, again, read the last line of my disclaimer: that applies to you for all time. Please stop stalking me and commenting on every post I write - it's not at all that serious. I know that with 6000 posts or whetever it is you have you think its a "numbers" game to "being right," but really, no one cares except for you...I'm sitting here actually feeling sorry for you...the fact that you have to twist around what people say and mischaracterize statements and put your own spin on everything just to overpost on every little issue on VJ shows that (flashback to "Cuckoo's Nest") "It's medication time..." Please try to get some help...

..and with that comment, you're clearly an embarrassment to the legal profession and to mankind, as a whole. As you were..

"diaddie mermaid"

Somehow Ms. Debate had my post deleted where I aptly noted her hypocrisy in her "concluding" this (OP) was a legitimate post, where our other readers' (and my own) conclusion was that this was a troll (based on the obvious evidence and false facts), each based on the same facts presented. "We" were "engaged in speculation" according to Miss Debate. Of course Miss Debate was "right" though in concluding that "the post was legit," because as we have seen from many of her postings (and you have over 3500 of them to which you can refer!) Miss Debate is always right!!!!! It's amazing!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

01/11/07. Checks Cashed

NATURALIZATION

Somehow Ms. Debate had my post deleted where I aptly noted her hypocrisy in her "concluding" this (OP) was a legitimate post, where our other readers' (and my own) conclusion was that this was a troll (based on the obvious evidence and false facts), each based on the same facts presented. "We" were "engaged in speculation" according to Miss Debate. Of course Miss Debate was "right" though in concluding that "the post was legit," because as we have seen from many of her postings (and you have over 3500 of them to which you can refer!) Miss Debate is always right!!!!! It's amazing!

An attorney worth his salt would know, intuitively, that some details are best not to be shared on a public forum. Were you the altruistic person that you claim, and wishing to help instead of humiliate, you might have gained key information that would distinguish speculation from fact.

"diaddie mermaid"

Oh give us all a break...post stalker...

Edited by japau

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

01/11/07. Checks Cashed

NATURALIZATION

I am not a troll, but during my whole thread I dont think anyone answered my question or did they?

We have a joint petition filed... she is gone.... I need to report this dont I??

Im not trying to get her thrown out of the country even though i do think she was phony.. i dont want to waste emotional energy on it..

but I think i need to report this and remove my part of this petition to remove conditions...

I know she can re-file and I think they will let her stay...

Troll alert - its amazing how many "brand new members" with exactly the same (or reasonably similar) circumstances (or sob story, however you want to look at it) joined over the last three days. Its also interesting that apparently it's only women engaging in this "terrible behavior." Personally, I smell one angry, bitter rat...making up troll stories under several different names...why would this person post in "removal of conditions, anyway?"

I am not a troll, but during my whole thread I dont think anyone answered my question or did they?

We have a joint petition filed... she is gone.... I need to report this dont I??

Im not trying to get her thrown out of the country even though i do think she was phony.. i dont want to waste emotional energy on it..

but I think i need to report this and remove my part of this petition to remove conditions...

Just because an alien leaves the marriage after a joint petition has been submitted, does not necessarily give the US citizen petitioner an obligation to report. Many spouses file joint petitions and later separate. The key is that if the alien wishes to follow protocol outlined by USCIS, subsequent separation should be communicated to the Service and local district office. If a divorce occurs, and finalises before adjudication of the jointly filed I-751, then the alien should withdraw the joint petition and replace it with a waiver. There's nothing to prevent you from filing for divorce and putting the Service on notice that a divorce is underway.

Other than that, if you have not moved, you have no obligation to contact USCIS, she does. What you do need to decide is if you wish to terminate this marriage.

"diaddie mermaid"

Don't expect anything of intelligence out of that piece-of-####### nutcase who only seems to care about flaming other people and arguing with everyone under the sun... I'm sorry that anything meaningful that other people tried to say to you got hijacked by his own narcissistic viewpoint that he actually had something of importance to say... we're still waiting for that to occur...

In the meantime, it certainly can't hurt to report this situation to the local USCIS office. There is a form to fill out that indicates you wish to withdraw your part of a joint petition.

Just like with my ex-, as far as I'm concerned what happens between her and the USCIS is her problem and not mine.

Best wishes

-- Dan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.