Mike and Jennie

I realize it's still Monday but......

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
So are the timelines of Jen & Rob, Pailin & Matt, Mimi & Laupe, Emily & Clement, n/a & enamorados and Mike & Bethany all errors in the timelines?

Those are August NOA1 that were approved in September through CSC.

All of you have valid points. Now calm down! We have a long wait ahead. SOme of us more than others. Only the Service Centers and the Adjudicating Officers will determine our fates and when.

So be polite, respectful to others, continue to be positive and dream on!

Fernanda's Timeline

K-1

June 2, 2006 - Mailed K1 Petition

Jun 28, 2006 - NOA1

Oct 05, 2006 - NOA2 - APPROVED after 122 days

Dec 05, 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Consulate

Dec 11, 2006 - Medical Examination in Belo Horizonte

Jan 10, 2007 - Returned Packet #3 to Consulate (SEDEX-10)

Mar 13, 2007 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! We have our K-1 VISA !!

POE & Texas Wedding

Mar 27, 2007 - POE Houston, TX. No questions. Gone in 10 minutes.

Mar 28, 2007 - Marriage License app

April 4, 2007 - Our Wedding Day!

April 12, 2007 - Apply for SS card with married name

April 20, 2007 - Received SS card

AOS

June 4, 2007 - Mailed AOS

June 6, 2007 - USCIS received

June 11, 2007 - NOA1 for I-485

July 18, 2007 - Biometrics completed

July 20, 2007 - Case transferred from MSC to CSC

July 31, 2007 - AOS Approved - 57 days - Without an Interview!

Aug 06, 2007 - Received Green Card in the mail today!

Jan 8, 2009 @ 8:18PM - Our son was born tonight !!

I-751 - Remove Conditions

July 11, 2009 - Certified Mail to VSC I-751 Package

July 14, 2009 - Check cleared bank

July 20, 2009 - NOA1 & 1 yr extension - Receipt date is July 14. Case# assigned

Sept 1, 2009 - Biometrics completed

Nov 25, 2009 - I-751 is approved. No Interview.

Dec 14, 2009 - 10yr Green Card arrived !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
So are the timelines of Jen & Rob, Pailin & Matt, Mimi & Laupe, Emily & Clement, n/a & enamorados and Mike & Bethany all errors in the timelines?

Those are August NOA1 that were approved in September through CSC.

Geez -relax. Did you see anything in my post that said there were errors in timelines? No. What I said was if there had been August approvals, they are extremely unusual.

Get your hopes - we all did. But so many of us counted on 60-90 days based on the past, and we ended up waiting 5+ months. One thing we all thought was that this would have been a whole lot easier on us if we had known, from the beginning, what a realistic wait really was.

I was simply offering advice based on the experiences of many many many people here over the past six months. Take it or leave it. Obviously everyone wishes a speedy process for everyone else. But since that has not been the case for so many people, it just *might* be wise to plan on a bit longer. That's it - I'm done.

The way approvals are being done has changed a lot in the past 6 months as well, you cant relay on what happened since then because of all the changes that have been made.

Since i sent my petition in august, ive been adding the "I receive my NOA2" to a list of my own, counting only the people from CSC that filed in July and August and since Sept 12, which is only 2 weeks ago, I have 34 approvals on my list. Earliest NOA1 in there would be July 7th. Closest to me would be August 8th. So Its not only a little coincidence.

Im not starting a war. But I would love that people that filed with the old form stop being rude to us about something that we have no power on. No need to have people tellling us to stay in queue when we are just asking if anyone got approved today...

Mephys

Edited by Mephys

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Geez -relax. Did you see anything in my post that said there were errors in timelines? No. What I said was if there had been August approvals, they are extremely unusual.

I think what the later-filers are trying to get at here is that we're trying to find out if last week's gob of approvals were a fluke and just unusual and will never happen again, or if 2 months is going to, again, become the norm, like it was a year ago, and for us to expect that to be a realistic estimate. I know I'm curious to find out if the approvals keep pouring in as it will have a huge effect on who I use as my cosponsor and where I'll be spending Christmas!

We're not demanding it become the norm, just trying to find out if it might become it. I'm fairly sure we all realize it's possible it was a total fluke and there were just some damn lucky people last week, but there shouldn't be any harm in asking!

I think we all know and can agree that the 'norm' with the K1 process is a constantly changing thing-- whereas for the last few months, it's been easily a 6+ month wait average, it's entirely possible with the given circumstances that the wait time is changing again, at least for those lucky enough to have missed the whole IMBRA screw-up.

UNST0001.gifbritkit.jpgUNKG0001.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I dont think that the results we see is unrealistic expectations. Its not just someones hope....duh

It IS a result.

That would only show that the case are treated separately, because they ARE different...

It IS 2 different forms.

I totally understand that people are fed up with the waiting, but doesnt mean that they can close their eyes on results that they dont want to see. Its there, no matter what you want to believe.

I'm a little confused by your post - have their recently been early August filers who have been approved from CSC? If so, this is definitely extremely unusual. Because this is not the norm, it just isn't wise for people to expect approvals in 6 weeks. This conclusion is based on the facts of what has transpired over the past six months. True, there are two separate forms. But that doesn't mean there are two separate groups within CSC handling them. In the end, my point was that the facts show that 6 week approvals are few and far between. Therefore, it would make sense to not plan on one. Pray/hope/wish/dream - sure. Again, it's extremely unlikely so if you plan on 3-5 months and it comes a lot sooner, won't that be nice?

Kitkat, did you sleep through last week? there are a bunch of early august NOA1s that have already been approved...and to think I rushed to get mine out in July...

July 17 2006 Sent I-129F to TSC

July 19 2006 packet received by TSC

July 27 2006 case received at CSC

July 28 2006 touched (to process/send NOA1)

Aug 01 2006 check cashed

Aug 05 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Oct 03 2006 Touched (RFE sent)

Oct 10 2006 RFE received and responded to

Oct 17 2006 Touched (CSC reply to RFE response)

Nov 06 2006 NOA2

Nov 21 2006 NVC sent to Manila

Blah

Blur

Drone

March 27 2007 Interview

April 02 2007 Visa delivered

April 05 2007 Happiness delivered

April 06 2007 First day of the rest of our lives

"There they go! I must hurry and catch them, for I am their leader."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

For the August filers who find me so 'rude'. I was attempting humor when I said get to the back of the queue. I'm pretty sure I used an exclamation point after my statement!

I do not hold grudges against those approved before me. It appears to be pot luck who gets approved and who gets left behind.

Humor and the occassional sarcastic dig at the lucky August filers helps me maintain what little bit of sanity I have left!

KitKat is right - it's dangerous to be too hopeful. Our NOA1 said we would have a decision within 90-120 days. I took that literally, June 15 and not a day later is what I expected!! :)

Oh don't get me wrong, I think the CSC is totally and completely screwed up in the order of approvals. I realize I am many weeks from my approval. But when I start seeing August approvals....you get some hope. You can't help but wonder if your approval will come sooner than expected.

And tell me how I can possibly control what CSC does and "Get back to the back of the queue"? The more approvals per week makes everyone's approval more imminent.

I wonder how many would pass up their approval to give it to someone who has been waiting longer? I wouldn't. I miss my girl so much. I would pay all the money, time, treasure...anything to get approved the fastest way possible.

Beyond that Mike, we can officially join the ranks of those who can now say "Others who filed after me now have their approvals." Awe well... It's a crapshoot, but I have my hopes up too!

Good luck to everyone still waiting, no matter how long or short! :thumbs:

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

rather than get your hopes up, it's a good idea to plan a wait of 3-5 months. If it comes early, it will be a big surprise

:yes: I agree with you Kitkat

I am happy to hear lots of people are getting their approvals, and if you share yours I'll be happy for yours too :yes:

Our file is stuck in the back of a drawer anyway, so maybe clearing the ones on top of it will help :D

OMG!!! Still no RFE!!! :o Brother, you've got to contact your Congressman or Senator right away! Get online, find their website and start typing up a letter. Seriously! :yes: I contacted my Congressman several weeks ago asking for his help because I never received my IMBRA RFE. His office contacted USCIS and within a week I received my RFE email. :star:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
OMG!!! Still no RFE!!! :o Brother, you've got to contact your Congressman or Senator right away! Get online, find their website and start typing up a letter. Seriously! :yes: I contacted my Congressman several weeks ago asking for his help because I never received my IMBRA RFE. His office contacted USCIS and within a week I received my RFE email. :star:

We've tried that already, senator and congressman, and it didn't work we didn't even get a touch. We're trying again though, Kitkat gave us some good tips to try :)

Thanks for your interest (F) I'm happy to hear you got your RFE! :thumbs:

May 1996: Met in Mexico
K1
March 7th, 2006: Sent 129F to NSC
March 9th, 2006: NOA1 Day 1
June 15th, 2006: Notice of transfer to CSC
October 3rd, 2006: IMBRA RFE e-mail
October 17th, 2006 CSC e-mail confirming RFE receipt.
October 18th, 2006: NOA2!!!!!!!! 224 days!
October 25th, 2006: NVC received file
November 10th, 2006: Received Packet from CDJ
January 5th, 2007: Visa approved!!!! 302 days!
February 16th, 2007: Civil Ceremony
AOS
February 21st, 2007: Mailed AOS, EAD & AP to Chicago
March 1st, 2007: NOA1 - Day 1
March 26th, 2007: I-485 transferred to CSC - Day 25
March 30th, 2007: Biometrics appointment - Day 29
April 14th, 2007: Big Wedding!!!!
May 8th, 2007: AP Approved - Day 68
May 10th, 2007: EAD Approved- Day 70
September 20th, 2007: SECOND Biometrics appointment - Day 203
December 4th, 2007: AOS approved!!!! 278 days!
December 10th, 2007: Received GC - Day 284
Removal of Conditions
August 31st, 2009: Mailed I-751 to CSC
September 2nd, 2009: NOA1 - Day 1
October 15th, 2009: Biometrics appointment - Day 44
October 26th, 2009: 10 year GC approved!! - Day 55
October 31st, 2009: Received GC - Day 60

NATURALIZATION

May 7th, 2013: Mailed N-400

May 9th, 2013: NOA1 - Day 1

June 10th, 2013: Biometrics Appointment - Day 33

September 5th, 2013: Interview - Day

September 27th, 2013: Oath Ceremony- Day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.