gogal2020

NVC and their discrimination

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard of longer waits at NVC for Russian fiancees? My petition has been at NVC for over 2 months now, without any information, but Administrative Review? This looks like as bad as a CS! Has anyone had this problem before? I am pretty upset, because I am afraid they lost it!

Thanks,

Mike.

2 months is nothing. There's a member here who is been on admin review for almost 18 months. Be patient.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Timeline
2 months is nothing. There's a member here who is been on admin review for almost 18 months. Be patient.

2 months is nothing? Considering that it takes several days, a week or 10 days for a regular application to be sent out to the ebmassy. 2 months is not nothing. The person who has been waiting for 18 months must have had some extraordinary circumstances. Now thinking about it, what the hell can be delayed for a year and a half, what can they possibly do?

P.S. Looking at your timeline, it only took you a couple of days. As it was explained to me - understandable waiting period may be at CS, but not at NVC, who should just do a simple background check and send it on its way.

Sincerely,

Mike.

2 months is nothing? Considering that it takes several days, a week or 10 days for a regular application to be sent out to the ebmassy. 2 months is not nothing. The person who has been waiting for 18 months must have had some extraordinary circumstances. Now thinking about it, what the hell can be delayed for a year and a half, what can they possibly do?

P.S. Looking at your timeline, it only took you a couple of days. As it was explained to me - understandable waiting period may be at CS, but not at NVC, who should just do a simple background check and send it on its way.

Sincerely,

Mike.

Yes... I was processed before the backlog from IMBRA hit the NVC and neither my fiance nor I have a common name which might have caused hold-ups wrt to background checks. Sometimes biometrics are required to differentiate a beneficiary from someone who has the same name and has a 'record'.

I didn't mean to diminish your waiting time and obvious frustration... but try to keep perspective. You'll be cleared soon and on to the next round.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

My app took a little over a week at the NVC.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Timeline
I was at the NVC 6 months. Know several girls who were or still are at the NVC for several months.

Well, I just got my congressman involved, at least to make a request and pressure them a little bit and find out the status, not just AR. 6 months does not sound good at all :(

Mike.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I was at the NVC 6 months. Know several girls who were or still are at the NVC for several months.

Well, I just got my congressman involved, at least to make a request and pressure them a little bit and find out the status, not just AR. 6 months does not sound good at all :(

Mike.

You did the right step. Even I would not suggest you to hope too much (not to be upset then), but congreesman at least will verify that your case is not lost and they work on it. We had senator who sent requiests to NVC for us each 2 weeks, during 4 months. I got opinion that in this situation senators-congressmans cannot really speed up the process, but

it is good to have them involved so your case is not forgotten somewhere.

Just try not to be upset, live your life and try to be happy. You will be out of NVC someday. I know it is hard, I was in this situation myself. It was very stressful for me and my fiance. I do understand your feelings now. I wish you to be out of NVC soon!

Good luck!

Edited by Oregonfiancee

Timeline

Mike.

You did the right step. Even I would not suggest you to hope too much (not to be upset then), but congreesman at least will verify that your case is not lost and they work on it. We had senator who sent requiests to NVC for us each 2 weeks, during 4 months. I got opinion that in this situation senators-congressmans cannot really speed up the process, but

Just try not to be upset, live your life and try to be happy. You will be out of NVC someday. I know it is hard, I was in this situation myself. It was very stressful for me and my fiance. I do understand your feelings now. I wish you to be out of NVC soon!

Good luck!

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your input.

Mike.

Mike.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your input.

Mike.

My petition breezed right through, but that was also before the IMBRA hold-up. The general murmurs that I'm hearing now are that sometimes it takes a few months to get through NVC, and delays are commonplace anywhere in the process.

The guys that have been on here recently (post-IMBRA) have had about a 3 or 4 month delay. That's not bad, and if you think it's because your fiancee is from Russia, head over to the fiancee from Syria or Saudi forum.

Good luck, and keep us posted! (In the mean time, start gathering your financial docs and generate more "evidence" of your relationship. Hand-write some letters and send them through the post office. Learn some more Russian language. Write to her in Russian... there are lots of things to do to pass the time that will eventually help your case by ensuring a smooth interview.)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I think the greatest discrimination is against bald guys named John Smith.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey gogal. I was under AP but it was only for a week. Then my case went through. I cant stress it enough. Be patient. Slim gave some good time killers. Good luck on your journey.

16/10/2006- Interview date- I'm nervous and my fiance is cool calm and collective. And she's the one that has to do the interview.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
Hey guys,

Has anyone heard of longer waits at NVC for Russian fiancees? My petition has been at NVC for over 2 months now, without any information, but Administrative Review? This looks like as bad as a CS! Has anyone had this problem before? I am pretty upset, because I am afraid they lost it!

Thanks,

Mike.

Mike, I know how you feel, it didnt take mine 2 months, but I was on AP for a month before they sent mine on its way, so I don't think it is just Russian fiancee's they are doing it to, wishing you the best of luck on a speedy process :thumbs:

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Do you have any evidence of this "discrimination", or are you just generally paranoid?

FWIW, our NVC to Russian Embasy timeline info is 09-Mar-05 to 31-Mar-2005 (22 days), which was pre-IMBRA, and a metric fuckload less time than a lot of people have to wait.

Discrimination? I don't think so.

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.