ever feel like giving up?

87 posts in this topic

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Okay, well maybe my husband is different from other Egyptian men. He tells me all the time, dont shave under your arms and dont shave your legs. He likes it. Maybe he is just a little magnoon.

Even if he wanted me to shave all body hair....nope not gonna do it! Although, he did actually which was really strange. I told him if he did that again, I'd be very upset. Cos' here in USA the men who do that are usually Gay. So really he took me serious and stopped doing it.

hehehehehe.

Hmmm...well I do it for myself and its a part of my culture that I grew up with. Personally I am disgusted by body hair on my own body but my fiance's doesn't bother me. I just feel cleaner when I don't have it.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Timeline

:thumbs: I also feel cleaner when I don't have body hair. I have a friend who doesn't shave her legs as often as she should. Gross! She gets ridiculed by me..be sure about that :D

Okay, well maybe my husband is different from other Egyptian men. He tells me all the time, dont shave under your arms and dont shave your legs. He likes it. Maybe he is just a little magnoon.

Even if he wanted me to shave all body hair....nope not gonna do it! Although, he did actually which was really strange. I told him if he did that again, I'd be very upset. Cos' here in USA the men who do that are usually Gay. So really he took me serious and stopped doing it.

hehehehehe.

Hmmm...well I do it for myself and its a part of my culture that I grew up with. Personally I am disgusted by body hair on my own body but my fiance's doesn't bother me. I just feel cleaner when I don't have it.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
dang if i shaved all my hair off i'd lose 10 pounds :lol:

hairybackdv3.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

I consider this a part of my hygeine, no offense to others that don't. Getting rid of body hair is just one of my musts. Pedicures & manicures are a must for me too. :star: Daily make-up and hair is a must for me. :star: I have to shower 2 times a day. :star: I'm always dressed to the "9's" :star: Did I mention I have princess syndrome? :lol:

:thumbs: I also feel cleaner when I don't have body hair. I have a friend who doesn't shave her legs as often as she should. Gross! She gets ridiculed by me..be sure about that :D

hehehehehe.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I actually have a question about all this that has been on my mind ever since my fiancee filled me in on all the "body hair rules." It just strikes me as odd that it is customary to remove all your hair everywhere, but, based on my limited knowledge of Islam, it is not allowed to pluck your eyebrows??? Can someone please explain this to me? My fiancee says its because when you pluck the eyebrows you are changing something that God gave you...but didn't he give us hairy arms/legs/everything else as well?

03/09/07 - POE at JFK - Temp EAD given

03/13/07 - Married

AOS

04/20/07 - Package arrived in Chicago

04/26/07 - NOA1 for AOS and AP

05/08/07 - AP touched

05/22/07 - Biometrics

05/23/07 - RFE email notification for 485

05/29/07 - RFE received by mail - Request for medical exam

06/01/07 - Contacted congressman regarding RFE

06/08/07 - Case resumed processing

10/01/07 - Email Notice of Transfer to CSC

10/04/07 - Pending at CSC

11/09/07 - Green Card Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Don't misunderstand....I do shave my legs and under my arms. Just not into the total body hair removal ...like arms and other private places. Just not gonna happen.

But I love men to be very hair, beards, moustache.... :)

Timeline
Don't misunderstand....I do shave my legs and under my arms. Just not into the total body hair removal ...like arms and other private places. Just not gonna happen.

But I love men to be very hair, beards, moustache.... :)

:lol: No no, I was not imagining that you don't do that. For me its just a higher priority then most. For example, if I were to skip a day of shaving my legs then I would be irritated all day with no clue as to why and then I would remember that I didn't shave. I am creature of habit, if I skip something then I don't feel normal. I mentioned I have princess syndrome, right? :lol::lol::lol::P

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline
I'm the same, JP..except I only shower once a day. I don't have time for twice a day cuz then I'd have to redo my makeup :)

I also get a little lax on the pedi's in the winter. I do keep up the pumicing and such though. I'm a girly girl..I can't help myself.

The reason why I shower 2 times a day is because I have to take one in the morning no matter what. I can't wake up unless I do. I work out at the gym at night and I can't go to bed sweaty. LOL and there is not a damn thing that can get me out of bed in the morning to hop on a treadmill. :lol:

I know what you mean about girly girl...its only gonna be worse when my hunny gets here. :lol::lol::lol: I've been this way since I was 5. I used to lock myself in the bathroom for hours when I was 5 putting on my mom's make up and only to walk out looking like Mimi from the Drew Carrey Show. :lol::lol::lol:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline
I get lazy in the evening so I do my exercizing in the morning before work.

Haha..when I'm in Egypt everyone has wait on me to blow dry my hair and put on my makeup. Only to ruin my hair with a hijab later on :(

When I was in Jordan, I used to get my hair done every 3 days at the salon. They do awesome hair over there. :thumbs: It was so cheap too! I used to get shampoo, deep conditioning hot oil treatment, and style for 3 JD's which is about $5 USD!!! We used to get pedicures and manicures too for around $6 USD for both and the lady would come to the house and do it. It was great! :D

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

How did we get off on this personal hygiene stuff, hehehehehe. I'm just trying to be clean and healthy. My husband doesnt like me to wear makeup. But I do on my eyes and sometimes lipstick. But I have to wash my hair and blow dry every day.

My husband is the same way, without the hair on his head.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.