doodlebug

ever feel like giving up?

87 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i gave up...........smoking :P

Alhamdulillah..that's how you would say "thank God".

Hahahaha.....don't laugh out loud in Egypt any way you do it. If you laugh loud in the street you'll get stares. According to my husband...only sharmeet (whores) laugh loudly in the street.

And don't run. Even when you're trying to dodge oncoming traffic as you attempt to cross the road. Or cross your legs while sitting on the bus or subway.

Of course, in the US, I feel free to laugh in public, run across the road and cross my legs while sitting on the bus. Different cultural norms.

you're not supposed to cross your legs in public? does that have anything to do with showing someone the soles of your feet or is it another taboo?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have no clue either. But when in Rome...

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok so he wasn't being mean. Good. lol

He kept saying, I need to advise you not to do this thing......so that made me think that it's not just his particular preference but something that will help me when I'm there.

Just kind of took me aback yet again since I had spent the bulk of the day stressing over the guy and then he goes and tells me I laugh the wrong way. :whistle:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Wait until about a month before you leave..he'll give you the body hair talk. It happened to me and a friend of mine with her fiance. Egyptians (for the most part) don't like body hair on women. Arms, underarms, legs, pubic region..they like women hairless in these areas.

:lol:

wax on......wax off :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow, I didn't know Egyptians were so freaky! lol

I have always been fascinated by Egypt, so eventually my husband and I will travel there for a vacation. Its a good thing to hear this now before I go and make an A$$ out of myself.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Wait until about a month before you leave..he'll give you the body hair talk. It happened to me and a friend of mine with her fiance. Egyptians (for the most part) don't like body hair on women. Arms, underarms, legs, pubic region..they like women hairless in these areas.

Well I already do most of that but arms too? I wonder if it will matter since I'm blonde and you can't really see it anyhow.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Timeline

Yeah arms too. I had my entire body waxed when I went to Egypt. That took a LONG time. I did the pubes myself though. I shave that..if you do it everyday or every other you don't get razor burn...just a tip ;)

Hahaha it's not that they're freaky. You know it's Islamic to remove body hair. On men too. You must remove underarm and pubic hair at least every 40 days. Even on men (bonus!!) I dunno know about you but in 40 days I can have a full bush goin' on. :lol:

Wow, I didn't know Egyptians were so freaky! lol

I have always been fascinated by Egypt, so eventually my husband and I will travel there for a vacation. Its a good thing to hear this now before I go and make an A$$ out of myself.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I stand firm on my arm fuzz. I like it. It's soft. It's fuzzy. It keeps me a little warmer in the winter. No way will any razor or wax come anywhere near it :no:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Oh I like my arms bald. It's so soft and smooth. If you wax it it won't grow back for 6 weeks or so. Don't shave it..it starts growing back in a few days.

I stand firm on my arm fuzz. I like it. It's soft. It's fuzzy. It keeps me a little warmer in the winter. No way will any razor or wax come anywhere near it :no:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Oh I like my arms bald. It's so soft and smooth. If you wax it it won't grow back for 6 weeks or so. Don't shave it..it starts growing back in a few days.

Do you have your entire arm waxed? How about your legs? What is the cost? And of course my main concern, the pain level????

I do wax my eyebrows, and I have seen a friend get her underarms waxed....it drew blood! She said she would never do it again! lol

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

I had my entire arm from my hand up until my shoulder waxed. Also my entire legs from under my buttocks to my feet. It cost me about $90. For just my arms it's $20. I don't get my legs waxed anymore cuz it's useless IMO. But the arms are so worth it. A little Iraqi woman did it. Surprisingly it wasn't that painful. Just on some areas of my legs it hurt a little. With my arms it was painless. I did my underarms myself. It did draw blood and was painful. I'll stick to razors from now on.

Edited by moody

Just a suggestion, but perhaps this should be moved to a different forum (since it would actually pertain to non ME-NA people as well).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.