25 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Liberia
Timeline

Hello today is my first day as a member of visajourney, have been looking at the information on visajourney for quite sometime and excited for everyone on this journey. I received a RFE and was wondering if you receive a A# number in the notice does that mean that your possibly on your way for approval. The RFE was returned as soon as could compile the information approx sent 3 weeks after the RFE was issued. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A# or alien number has nothing to do at all with approvals.

The A# or alien number is the number you get as your registration number with the government for your status. Its your number for life from petition to naturalized citizen of the USA.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

The A# or alien number is the number you get as your registration number with the government for your status. Its your number for life from petition to naturalized citizen of the USA.

My husband's A# was changed when we applied for AOS from OPT F1. And yes, A# has nothing to do with USCIS decision. RFE just needs to be in the time range then you are okay.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My husband's A# was changed when we applied for AOS from OPT F1. And yes, A# has nothing to do with USCIS decision. RFE just needs to be in the time range then you are okay.

The A number should never change. This is a mistake you should have reported.

Hello today is my first day as a member of visajourney, have been looking at the information on visajourney for quite sometime and excited for everyone on this journey. I received a RFE and was wondering if you receive a A# number in the notice does that mean that your possibly on your way for approval. The RFE was returned as soon as could compile the information approx sent 3 weeks after the RFE was issued. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

What visa are you AOSing from?

Timeline

thank you for that information. I am the petitioner. In reading believe here on visajourney that the A# is not assigned until you receive approval so was confused when received a RFE and it had an A# assigned to my case. Will be so grateful once the whole process is complete. Keep thinking to myself this time next year hope to be able to say, wow! that is behind us and to be able to be of assistance to others trying to make their dreams come a reality. Thank you again

Hopefully the number will stay the same that is assigned because seems to me that would cause quite a confusion. Thank you for your feedback. :)

Timeline

The A number should never change. This is a mistake you should have reported.

What visa are you AOSing from?

Applying for I-129F waiting for my NOA-2 approval. Due to circumstances totally out of our control we were unable to meet my fiance in person so they requested RFE. Won't truly breathe until get the approval. Family and friends keep asking when is the wedding.. wish had an answer for them, the day I do someone will have to pick me up off the ground from the excitement :)

Timeline

Not sure if responded by hitting the correct reply button, lol so placing my response again.thank you for that information. I am the petitioner. In reading believe here on visajourney that the A# is not assigned until you receive approval so was confused when received a RFE and it had an A# assigned to my case. Will be so grateful once the whole process is complete. Keep thinking to myself this time next year hope to be able to say, wow! that is behind us and to be able to be of assistance to others trying to make their dreams come a reality. Thank you again

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

Applying for I-129F waiting for my NOA-2 approval. Due to circumstances totally out of our control we were unable to meet my fiance in person so they requested RFE. Won't truly breathe until get the approval. Family and friends keep asking when is the wedding.. wish had an answer for them, the day I do someone will have to pick me up off the ground from the excitement :)

So you are petitioning for K1 visa but you never met in person? I'm sorry but I don't think there is any chance for approval if that is the case.

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

So you are petitioning for K1 visa but you never met in person? I'm sorry but I don't think there is any chance for approval if that is the case.

That's how I read it, too, but I'm hoping that is not what the commenter meant as meeting within the past two years is REQUIRED and overcoming that requirement is all but impossible.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Timeline

That's how I read it, too, but I'm hoping that is not what the commenter meant as meeting within the past two years is REQUIRED and overcoming that requirement is all but impossible.

:) will stay positive. Wish we lived in a perfect world then everything would have work out for everyone :) May the best come to you in your journey. :)

Timeline

Maybe they have... I wouldn't bother with that until/unless your receive NOA2.

I'm sorry but it's practically impossible waive the "meet in person" requirement. We've seen people in wheelchairs unable to fly, we've seen people unable to get visas to visit each other, we've seen religious reasons and many other things. I can't say I've ever seen someone get approved NOA2 without having met in person prior to filing. Even if you were to meet now you'd have to re-file.

If you don't mind me asking, WHY can't you meet in person? It will help give a more realistic opinions as to whether it will be waived. Or maybe suggestions on how to overcome whatever is preventing you from meeting. Or suggestions on how to word your explanation for why you can't.

Timeline

Maybe they have... I wouldn't bother with that until/unless your receive NOA2.

I'm sorry but it's practically impossible waive the "meet in person" requirement. We've seen people in wheelchairs unable to fly, we've seen people unable to get visas to visit each other, we've seen religious reasons and many other things. I can't say I've ever seen someone get approved NOA2 without having met in person prior to filing. Even if you were to meet now you'd have to re-file.

If you don't mind me asking, WHY can't you meet in person? It will help give a more realistic opinions as to whether it will be waived. Or maybe suggestions on how to overcome whatever is preventing you from meeting. Or suggestions on how to word your explanation for why you can't.

Perhaps you are right and everyone that has mentioned that I will not get approval. The RFE has already been submitted so will be patient and wait and maybe just maybe it will be okay. Guess when you have traveled through life and nothing has ever come easy but with positive support and perservering the impossible can and sometimes happens. Believe in looking at life realistically but if every situation could be identical then that is where the beauty of variation would be missed and new possiblities not possible. Guess the same way people only knew of travel by foot and oneday they knew of travel by air. Believe difficult situations, out of control circumstances are what open doors for opportunities to those that find themselves in a way that their hands are tied and also unlocks for the next person, next generation. Thank you so much for your responding and providing that information; going to keep the light of positive shining not only for myself but for all and those who have challenging circumstances and may not be as simple for them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Why couldn't you travel to see her or she travel to see you?

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Why couldn't you travel to see her or she travel to see you?

Wish had the brain energy to explain it all, it could be a "lifetime" movie for sure. At the moment hoping to move forward. So many times have visited visajourney as a visitor and was so excited for those who were going through the journey and was impressed with the kindness in support amongst the members, that is was inspired me to join. Though my journey is not as simplistic as some may figured that joining would inspire me further as going through journey, and hope to be of encouragement as well to those on the same path. So thankful for Skype, lol.. its funny though not able to meetin person, could picture my fiance in my mind, expressions in the begininning of the relationship and when we learned about Skype, WOW, the expressions and everything were just as thought. Guess its kinda of like how we do not see the wind, but we know it exists and see the effects. Its the same with my fiance, we may have not met in person but know them better than my next door neighbor who met and "see" all the time. This is all out of the box for me in regards to even think of a long distance relationship; but learned distance doesn't exist between true hearts.

Timeline

Wish had the brain energy to explain it all, it could be a "lifetime" movie for sure. At the moment hoping to move forward. So many times have visited visajourney as a visitor and was so excited for those who were going through the journey and was impressed with the kindness in support amongst the members, that is was inspired me to join. Though my journey is not as simplistic as some may figured that joining would inspire me further as going through journey, and hope to be of encouragement as well to those on the same path. So thankful for Skype, lol.. its funny though not able to meetin person, could picture my fiance in my mind, expressions in the begininning of the relationship and when we learned about Skype, WOW, the expressions and everything were just as thought. Guess its kinda of like how we do not see the wind, but we know it exists and see the effects. Its the same with my fiance, we may have not met in person but know them better than my next door neighbor who met and "see" all the time. This is all out of the box for me in regards to even think of a long distance relationship; but learned distance doesn't exist between true hearts.

I'm sorry but it should be a simple explanation (not that we're owed it). Religious reasons? Financial reasons? Health reasons? We're not asking for your life story, just Why can't you fly to her? Why can't you go to another country to meet (if visas to the US are hard for her and for you to her country). Why can't you take a cruise? What explanation did you send to USCIS?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.