Date Embassy received 09/26/2006

letter-touched 10/17/2006

information on medical and interview 11/17/2006

Packet with Information 11/29/2006

Medical 1/12/2007

Interview 1/19/2007

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

More parties. More voting for the existing parties that actually stand for something.

Not that I voted for Nader or anything...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I suggest a no confidence vote on the ballet

Well, they do all dance around the truth ;)

Neil (Preston, England) & Eva (North Carolina, USA)

27 September 2003 Church Wedding, England.

8 October 2004 -INTERVIEW---VISA GRANTED !!!

(Intervening time covered in VJ -Timeline Section)

10 Dec 2004 - Saturn finally came out of orbit and landed in NC !

(Check timeline for intervening period)

8th February 2006 - 'GREEN CARD' FINALLY GRANTED AT INTERVIEW IN CHARLOTTE, NC.

5th Wedding Anniversary due later this year, on 27th September 2008 - How time flies !

I am not a Lawyer and have never wanted or professed to be one. The views and comments I may express here are entirely my own and without any intended legal standing.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
More parties. More voting for the existing parties that actually stand for something.

:ot: hey, I noticed you finally got your IMBRA RFE also! Congrats! Hope we see approvals very soon!

Timeline

:ot: hey, I noticed you finally got your IMBRA RFE also! Congrats! Hope we see approvals very soon!

Aw, well, unfortunately, I actually waited two weeks to file so I could file with the new form, so I think it's the bad kind of RFE. :(

Now I feel like we are so close, but I'm leaving for Argentina/Brazil for the next month on Wednesday and I just don't think the RFE is going to get here on time. I guess this is going to set us back big time. :(

But I'm glad you got yours! It means things are finally working...

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Aw, well, unfortunately, I actually waited two weeks to file so I could file with the new form, so I think it's the bad kind of RFE. :(

Now I feel like we are so close, but I'm leaving for Argentina/Brazil for the next month on Wednesday and I just don't think the RFE is going to get here on time. I guess this is going to set us back big time. :(

But I'm glad you got yours! It means things are finally working...

Oh...sorry to hear that. I noticed there were a few others who receieved RFE's for both IMBRA and more evidence of meeting in person. So I felt very relieved that mine was only for IMBRA...phew. Best wishes on your trip - that's something to look forward to! :yes::thumbs:

:ot2:

Timeline
More parties.

Useless. Remember: The "winner takes all" system always takes care of these pesky little ones. Until there is some sort of a proportional representation in Congress, there ain't going to be but two relevant parties.

Heh, ok, more parties, and voting reform to create a system that supports multiple parties. But the fact that our 2-party system is a failure is kind of obvious at this point. :)

Filed: Timeline
More parties.
Useless. Remember: The "winner takes all" system always takes care of these pesky little ones. Until there is some sort of a proportional representation in Congress, there ain't going to be but two relevant parties.
Heh, ok, more parties, and voting reform to create a system that supports multiple parties. But the fact that our 2-party system is a failure is kind of obvious at this point. :)

Just take the two parties off the various corporate payrolls (as in: make it strictly illegal for corporations to donate money to politics) and we'd be looking much better. The problem is that politics, much like anything else, is for sale in the US. That's why nobody cares about the people anymore.

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
Just take the two parties off the various corporate payrolls (as in: make it strictly illegal for corporations to donate money to politics) and we'd be looking much better. The problem is that politics, much like anything else, is for sale in the US. That's why nobody cares about the people anymore.

Amen! That is the #1 thing that would go a long way to ending the corruption in our government. As it is now, we have the best government that money can buy...especially in the US Senate. Unfortunately a vast majority of "the People" can't pay the going rate to get the ear of their elected representative.

However, getting the politicians to give up any power or advantage they have for the betterment of our Nation is impossible. And they are supposed to be public servants? I think a lot are self servants or Party hacks. And that is the problem. America and "the People" are not their #1 priority as it really should be.

I look at my US Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX) and it disgusts me how she lies and talks out of both sides of her mouth on many issues. I keep up with her voting record in the newspaper and compare it to the lies and deceptions that she wants her constituents to believe. Unfortunately most voters don't compare the voting record to the short sound bites that they see on TV (or the propoganda news letters they send in the mail to constituents).

BTW I'm an independent voter. IMO anyone that goes into a voting booth and pulls the Party Ticket is an idiot.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

I personally have NO confidence in the corps de ballet's ability to lead the country.

Oh, no...you DIDN'T, did you? All those Nader votes in 2000 cost Gore the election, and I think we can agree that Gore would have been better than Bush.

I voted Gore in 2000, didn't vote in 2004; my absentee ballot would have counted in Texas, so no point anyway.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I personally have NO confidence in the corps de ballet's ability to lead the country.

Oh, no...you DIDN'T, did you? All those Nader votes in 2000 cost Gore the election, and I think we can agree that Gore would have been better than Bush.

I voted Gore in 2000, didn't vote in 2004; my absentee ballot would have counted in Texas, so no point anyway.

Nader was a choice on the ballot and to blame a 3rd party candidate for losing a presidential election is absurd, especially when people are obviously unsatisfied yet still doggedly support the 2 party system. I'm amazed that Nader received as many votes as he did. What cost Gore the election in 2000? I'm sure many others would assert that there were more significant and relevant reasons, some of which that remain controversial to this day.

Nader was a choice on the ballot and to blame a 3rd party candidate for losing a presidential election is absurd, especially when people are obviously unsatisfied yet still doggedly support the 2 party system. I'm amazed that Nader received as many votes as he did. What cost Gore the election in 2000? I'm sure many others would assert that there were more significant and relevant reasons, some of which that remain controversial to this day.

If even half of Florida's Nader voters had cast their vote for Gore, there would not have been such an issue. We wouldn't have Bush as president today, and we wouldn't have gone to war in Iraq.

So...yeah, I blame Nader voters for it. I'm amazed he got as many votes as he did too, since he's a lunatic.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth