Dan and Judy

what kind of food is bakla

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Private Judy arrived for her trial period last week and in general seems pretty happy but when I gave her the list of american food that she's not allowed to eat she got a little upset.

She was yelling in philippino while she prepared my cheeseburger and kept talking about bakla. I got her lots of fish and rice so she should feel at home. I think if she started eating

a bunch of american food it would be really un healthy for her. Is bakla philippino for cheeseburger?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha you're funny :whistle: ...bakla means ghey :blink:

NATURALIZATION

GC-Date: 08-03-2012

Sent: 05-07-2015
Cashd: 05-13-2015
NOA: 05-12-2015

Fprints: 06-01-2015
In Line: 07-06-2015
Int Ltr: 08-17-2015
Intview: 09-16-2015
Oath: 09-16-2015
Field Office: Newark, NJ

Timeline

Private Judy arrived for her trial period last week and in general seems pretty happy but when I gave her the list of american food that she's not allowed to eat she got a little upset.

She was yelling in philippino while she prepared my cheeseburger and kept talking about bakla. I got her lots of fish and rice so she should feel at home. I think if she started eating

a bunch of american food it would be really un healthy for her. Is bakla philippino for cheeseburger?

"Private Judy", huh....You certainly aren't shy with your "humor"..........

Warm Regards,

Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Timeline
Is bakla philippino for cheeseburger?

:rofl: Ex: Like Ricky Martin and Gianni Versace are "bakla".

as far as i know there is a fish called 'bakla' .. or she might be referring to someone else..lol peace!

I want to see how it looks like.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

as far as i know there is a fish called 'bakla' .. or she might be referring to someone else..lol peace!

Haha :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: Is there really? A fish called bakla? lol . As far as my Tagalog vocabulary goes, it only means one thing :wacko: .Correct me if I'm wrong that is :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

NATURALIZATION

GC-Date: 08-03-2012

Sent: 05-07-2015
Cashd: 05-13-2015
NOA: 05-12-2015

Fprints: 06-01-2015
In Line: 07-06-2015
Int Ltr: 08-17-2015
Intview: 09-16-2015
Oath: 09-16-2015
Field Office: Newark, NJ

:lol:

Bakla = Gay.

(So, you followed through on the food restrictions. Would you mind scanning and uploading your "not allowed to eat" list? It might be fun to see how far you're taking this. :P )

Timeline

im curious abput this list of food not to eat. and why is it that a filipina would feel at home with fish and rice? ive been joking with my fiance about this because he's been telling me that as soon as I get there the house is gonna smell like fish. and he said he doesnt mind to smell like asian. i thought it was funny but seeing this, hmmmmm... feels like a bit of a discrimination. FYI filipinos like beef too. We have a lot of beef dishes that you would die for. Ask your wife about making some and you'll know. =)

gay

noun

anxiety

hermaphrodite

alarm

worry

fear

distress

womanish man

adjective

hermaphroditic

womanish

That's what Google Translate says.. :whistle:

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You gave her a list of what she can't eat?:o What is she ... like 12 years old? Or you from another century!! :bonk:

Need to work on the respect and acceptance part of the relationship...

.. sorry. Its a marriage license not a dog license.

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I dunno with the others but I kinda adopted an expression "bakla" because I am surrounded with gay. When they talk, they call each other "bakla" same thing on what I do when I talk to them so when I talk to others I can't help it not to say it. I have friends who sometimes calls their BF as "bakla".

See a video of this famous celebrity couple here in the Philippines playing on national TV. Click

. If you will notice from the comments, the "bakla" gained the most attention. Her BF is obviously a hunk not a "bakla".

Happy New Year!

Timeline

Anything with an umbrella, or served on an irregular plate is definitely bakla.

That's a huge picture there.

It's more of a "sosyal"

I haven't heard anyone who used "bakla" in that kind of scenario.

Maybe you mean "bakya" means cheap.

Happy New Year!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.