Trumplestiltskin

US hypoallergenic cats go on sale

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The world's first specially-bred hypoallergenic cats have gone on sale in the United States.

US biotech firm Allerca says it has managed to selectively breed them by reducing a certain type of protein that triggers allergic reactions.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/5375900.stm

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow 3+ grand for a kitten. Cute little things, but pricey..

I am glad I am not allergic to cats cause my cat is my best friend.

:luv: and I cat sit other people's cats too.

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife is allergic to most cat breeds, asthma like reactions. We did some research and found the Siberian breed was a possible solution. FArr less than $3000.00 We have had Bella now since MArch and all went well. Bit of a reraction at first, but after a short while the slight sniffles went away. Possible solution for other allergy suffers.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Other Timeline

but antihistimines after long time use can become useless, and can also cause health problems.

I thought the hairless cat was hypoallergenic? That's only about $1200 or $1500! Creepy looking, but cheaper than the hairy ones! ;)

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
but antihistimines after long time use can become useless, and can also cause health problems.

I thought the hairless cat was hypoallergenic? That's only about $1200 or $1500! Creepy looking, but cheaper than the hairy ones! ;)

I only use them occasionally; I have three cats and I'm mildly allergic. I would guess people who are severely allergic would be SOL. :unsure:

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm highly allergic to cats...I am now taking allergy shots, and I don't trust any breed :no:

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Those alllergy shots do not always work either. My ex wife was allergic to cats. She took the allergy shots, didnt help. I bathed the cats weekly with a special shampoo that made things a bit better. So far soo good with our Siberian. My wifes brothewr is allergic to cats as well and he has more of a reaction than my wife, but again not near as bad as with other cats

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Andrew Weil said LSD helped him loose his cat allergies. When he was tripping out he held a cat in his lap and was cured.

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Andrew Weil said LSD helped him loose his cat allergies. When he was tripping out he held a cat in his lap and was cured.

:lol::lol: That's funny!!

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I've been an allergy nurse for 10 years. Yes, hair can be an irritant, but it's actually the dander/flaking of the skin that people react too. I've even seen people get hospitalized when a cat licks them since cats love to lick themselves and has their dander all over their tongue. I'm HIGHLY allergic to cats. If I go into a home where there was/is a cat, I can pretty much plan on a trip to the ER and a day off from work. It sucks. I've also been on allergy shots for 10 years for this and it hasn't helped my cat allergy out much at all. Other allergies are good though :thumbs:

now...if they could somehow genetically engineer a cat that had a GOOD attitude, i might consider buying one!

*dog person*

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

Click here to view our webpage!

jt179g.jpg

AOS Approved!! icon_woohoo.gif

Apply to remove conditions August 13, 2008!

Click here for our complete Immigration Timeline

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown