badbeatjackpot

trying to decide to go k-1 or k-3

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

some men grieve..... I upgrade

I have been looking at processing times, and what I looked at seemed to indicate that the K-3 visa is moving as fast as the k-1

Im trying to decide whether to marry my fiance in the Philippines or to bring her here on a k-1

We would prefer a marriage over there... even if it took an extra month or two for her to get here.

Any thoughts from anyone on this????

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
some men grieve..... I upgrade

I have been looking at processing times, and what I looked at seemed to indicate that the K-3 visa is moving as fast as the k-1

Im trying to decide whether to marry my fiance in the Philippines or to bring her here on a k-1

We would prefer a marriage over there... even if it took an extra month or two for her to get here.

Any thoughts from anyone on this????

Wow.

What a statement. Sounds like your soon to be ex wife is the lucky one in this deal.

Still, with whatever you decide...best of luck.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

What is this, a return policy on brides? How... icky.

If it's figuring into your decision, according to the instructions on the I-129F, you'll be noted for filing a second petition for a K-1 or a K-3, so it's going to flag either way. Then USCIS will notify both you and your 'upgrade' that you've filed before.

Beyond that, you still have to prove an ongoing relationship either way, and you have to be free to marry your fiancé, which means you're going to have to let the ink dry on the divorce certificate.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Timeline

yep

Well, it may not work out... Im going to take my time... I am just thinking about doing some things different this time.. I think it would be nice to marry in the Philippines in a church with her family present.

I think it would set a better tone for the marriage.. If both people dont make their vows to God as well as to each other, then in the end, maybe they dont have much. People dont like to believe in God nowdays, but some people do. I want to marry a lady who believes in God and also practices her faith. A promise to marry from someone like that has much more lasting value in my perspective.. but thats just me...

I believe that was one of the essential elements lacking in my previous marriage. God has always been there to help me in time of troubles, and I think he will help me again. I hope i have the good sense to stay with Him this time when times are good.

What is this, a return policy on brides? How... icky.

If it's figuring into your decision, according to the instructions on the I-129F, you'll be noted for filing a second petition for a K-1 or a K-3, so it's going to flag either way. Then USCIS will notify both you and your 'upgrade' that you've filed before.

Beyond that, you still have to prove an ongoing relationship either way, and you have to be free to marry your fiancé, which means you're going to have to let the ink dry on the divorce certificate.

Have you met your fiancé in person yet? (It's hard to tell from your posts how compressed this timeline is.)

It might be good -- and this is advice I'd give an American-American couple -- to give yourself some time if it hasn't been long. It's very easy to rebound and make the other person into the one that saves you from the old relationship. (Worst case I know personally, they were engaged after six weeks, married a year later, she attempted suicide after their honeymoon and they've spent the past five years making each other miserable.) And while commitment to God can see you through many rough spots, it won't help if you're just incompatible.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

I wish you all the best.......let God guide you through this and make Him the center of your

life, put Him first......have friends, take a break from romance for a while until the

dust settles.

If she hurt you don't try to put a bandaid on with another relationship so fast.

Take care !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Nice god-faring man...

Not such god faring comments....upgrade??

I think this whole thread is odd. You aren't even going to WORK on your first marriage? No counseling? no talking??? NOTHING? Just let her go and start up with the NEXT petition??

A promise to marry from someone like that has much more lasting value in my perspective

You talk about marriage promises and lasting value - but the first sign of trouble in your CURRENT marriage and you're out the door?? I say practice what you preach my friend...

Im going to take my time... I am just thinking about doing some things different this time

You say you are taking your time...but you're already talking marriage and K3 visas? That's not taking it slow, trust me.

Just because you marry in a church in the Phills doesn't mean anything will be different.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.