Henia

Greetings from Algerie

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Esalaamu Aleikum , Salut and Hello to everyone...

I pray everyone is doing well these days... I just wanted to stop in and say FINALLY my yahoo 360 is working, with the help of my husband, Amal and Layla i finally figured it out... I have about 19 wedding pictures posted, but I will soon post more, after my husband gets back from work tomorrow inchallah... he has many more on his mobile disk.

Also posted several pics of Algerie, my town (here) Kolea and various sties I have seen.

First of Ramadan today... starting off well... I woke at 4am to make rice pudding and sablab for my husband, as he likes to eat sweet things. Me myself I will stick to my buttered toasted with confiture. He went to masjid to pray fajr, then after he came back we went back to sleep until 7am when he had to get ready for his work.

I went to souq, or the market for the first time alone. It was completely different then I excepted. I was totally disoriented, not knowing where I wasor how to get to where I was going. Elhamdullah I was able to buy almost all I needed with the exception of eau d'rose and cukor glacé.I even bought myself a jibe and some hijeb pins. I am exceptionally proud of myself as as the ones who know will tell you I am so shy...the cate seems to always have my tongue and also as I am knowledgable in classical Arabe, the Algerian dialect is quite different for me. I actually carried on a small conversation with a shoppe keeper. :thumbs: Wow small step for mankind huge step for Henia. I got back only to have 4 visitors, one after another. Elhamdullah it is Ramadan and I didnt have to do the whole coffee and tea ceremony with them as I have had to do in the last weeks. :lol: I couldnt even get to my load of white sheets that I had to wash... until before zuhr. Wow I totally have dish pan hands now, from washing all these clothes by hand and pulling water from the well. Hehehe. So snaps I can only do one load a day with all my water boiling and hadn washing.

My Algerian aunt Khiera, who says she is really my Algerian mother came today to teach me how to make an Algerian feast for Ramadan. We have so far made hand made vermicelli for our chorba (soup) homemade phyllo dough for our ground lamb and egg borek and l'ham lalou.

th_DigiCamFotos938.jpg

Well anyway that is all my news... I miss you all, and pray you all have a blessed Ramadan!

(((( The following is Muslim content... so you are going to picky and upset, donnot read anymore further)))

Ramadan karim ! Koll am w entum bkhair !!

remoteImage.gif

ITS ONLY ONE MONTH OF RAMADAN EACH YEAR

THE ONLY MONTH FOR ALLAH .

THE ONLY MONTH OF FASTING .

THE ONLY MONTH THAT SHAAITAN IS LOCKED UP .

THE ONLY MONTH THAT ONE GOOD DEED IS EQUAL TO TEN .

THE MONTH OF RECITING THE QURAN .

THE MONTH OF PRAYING ALL SALAATS EVEN TARAWEE (NIGHT PRAYER).

FAST THIS MONTH MUSLIMS WITH BELIEF IN YOUR HEART , AND ALLAH WILL FORGIVE ALL YOUR SINS FROM THE PAST, (inchallah) EXCEPT THE MAJOR ONES.

MAKE LOTS OF DUA .

FOR YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS AROUND THE WORLD .

1. THAT ALLAH GIVE THE MUSLIMS MERCY

2. THAT ALLAH GRANT US ALL PARADISE.

3. THAT ALLAH SAVE US FROM THE HELL FIRE .

4. THAT ALLAH KEEP US STRONG AND HEALTHY .

5. THAT ALLAH KEEP US AWAY FROM THE HARAAM .

6. THAT ALLAH BLESS US AND GIVE US KNOWLEDGE.

7. THAT ALLAH GUIDES OUR FAMILIES TO ISLAM.

8. THAT ALLAH HAVE MERCRY ON US FROM THE PUNISHMENT OF THE GRAVE.

9. THAT ALLAH ACCEPT OUR DUA (PRAYERS) AMIN

JUST MAKE THESE DUA AND MANY OTHER DUA THAT U HAVE IN MIND .

MAY ALLAH ACCEPT ALL YOUR FASTING IN IN RAMADAN .

ESALAMU ALEIKUM WA RAHAMA TUL LAHE WA BARAKETU

Ashadu anna la ilaaha antastaghfiruka wa itubu ilaik.

Please forgive me for any mistakes I have made. Anything good I have said or send to you all is from Allah, the mistakes are mine. Jazak Allah kheiran, waleikum esalaam wrt.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I pray everyone is doing well these days... I just wanted to stop in and say FINALLY my yahoo 360 is working, with the help of my husband, Amal and Layla i finally figured it out... I have about 19 wedding pictures posted, but I will soon post more, after my husband gets back from work tomorrow inchallah... he has many more on his mobile disk.

Also posted several pics of Algerie, my town (here) Kolea and various sties I have seen.

First of Ramadan today... starting off well... I woke at 4am to make rice pudding and sablab for my husband, as he likes to eat sweet things. Me myself I will stick to my buttered toasted with confiture. He went to masjid to pray fajr, then after he came back we went back to sleep until 7am when he had to get ready for his work.

I went to souq, or the market for the first time alone. It was completely different then I excepted. I was totally disoriented, not knowing where I wasor how to get to where I was going. Elhamdullah I was able to buy almost all I needed with the exception of eau d'rose and cukor glacé.I even bought myself a jibe and some hijeb pins. I am exceptionally proud of myself as as the ones who know will tell you I am so shy...the cate seems to always have my tongue and also as I am knowledgable in classical Arabe, the Algerian dialect is quite different for me. I actually carried on a small conversation with a shoppe keeper. :thumbs: Wow small step for mankind huge step for Henia. I got back only to have 4 visitors, one after another. Elhamdullah it is Ramadan and I didnt have to do the whole coffee and tea ceremony with them as I have had to do in the last weeks. :lol: I couldnt even get to my load of white sheets that I had to wash... until before zuhr. Wow I totally have dish pan hands now, from washing all these clothes by hand and pulling water from the well. Hehehe. So snaps I can only do one load a day with all my water boiling and hadn washing.

My Algerian aunt Khiera, who says she is really my Algerian mother came today to teach me how to make an Algerian feast for Ramadan. We have so far made hand made vermicelli for our chorba (soup) homemade phyllo dough for our ground lamb and egg borek and l'ham lalou.

th_DigiCamFotos938.jpg

Well anyway that is all my news... I miss you all, and pray you all have a blessed Ramadan!

(((( The following is Muslim content... so you are going to picky and upset, donnot read anymore further)))

remoteImage.gif

FAST THIS MONTH MUSLIMS WITH BELIEF IN YOUR HEART , AND ALLAH WILL FORGIVE ALL YOUR SINS FROM THE PAST, (inchallah) EXCEPT THE MAJOR ONES.

MAKE LOTS OF DUA .

Please forgive me for any mistakes I have made. Anything good I have said or send to you all is from Allah, the mistakes are mine. Jazak Allah kheiran, waleikum esalaam wrt.

Did you get the "how much did you pay for it? Oh, they ripped you off!" Questions? That always happened to me whenever I went out shopping alone! That always ruined my morale! Just let me have my moment of happiness! ;)

timeline doesn't matter.

Timeline

th_DigiCamFotos938.jpg

remoteImage.gif

MAKE LOTS OF DUA .

Did you get the "how much did you pay for it? Oh, they ripped you off!" Questions? That always happened to me whenever I went out shopping alone! That always ruined my morale! Just let me have my moment of happiness! ;)

Yes I was given the how to haggle lecture several times by several people. I decided to go to a Super Mache (their version of a supermarket) where I knew the prices were set and no there was no haggling for the groceries items. I had to stop by the boulangerie for the bread, for baguette and some round semolina bread (the name I am not sure...i just know it by eish or khbouz) then by the vegatable sellers I did not even try to haggle, as they were more then helpful and courtesy to me (so I decided if they rip me off, it is ok as they were kind,patient and pleasant with me) I tried to haggle in the clothing and the non-food items. Really I am not sure if I overpaid but to me all the people seemed patient, courtesy and pleasant...not the type to rip me off. And as I could understand about 80% of what they say communication was not THAT difficult for me. But for them, weeeeeeeeell that maybe another story :lol: .

Funny thing here, every shoppe you go to they give you a small gift (gato)... I am not sure why but they give you like some candy, chocolates, hijeb, hijeb pins, chewing gum, etc...I always try to pay them but they refuse payment. I asked my husband what was the reason for these "gifts" he said they respect me so they give me a gato. I am not sure what this means, buuuuuuuut ok... :blush:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes I was given the how to haggle lecture several times by several people. I decided to go to a Super Mache (their version of a supermarket) where I knew the prices were set and no there was no haggling for the groceries items. I had to stop by the boulangerie for the bread, for baguette and some round semolina bread (the name I am not sure...i just know it by eish or khbouz) then by the vegatable sellers I did not even try to haggle, as they were more then helpful and courtesy to me (so I decided if they rip me off, it is ok as they were kind,patient and pleasant with me) I tried to haggle in the clothing and the non-food items. Really I am not sure if I overpaid but to me all the people seemed patient, courtesy and pleasant...not the type to rip me off. And as I could understand about 80% of what they say communication was not THAT difficult for me. But for them, weeeeeeeeell that maybe another story :lol: .

Funny thing here, every shoppe you go to they give you a small gift (gato)... I am not sure why but they give you like some candy, chocolates, hijeb, hijeb pins, chewing gum, etc...I always try to pay them but they refuse payment. I asked my husband what was the reason for these "gifts" he said they respect me so they give me a gato. I am not sure what this means, buuuuuuuut ok... :blush:

i know the khobz that you're talking about! I used to get gifts at some of the shops in the souks in Morocco.. I just figured they felt bad (just a little bit) for ripping me off! I knew they were ripping me off, but didn't care, it's still way cheaper than anything you can buy here! but maybe since it's ramadan, they gave you a fair price! (you can hope!)

timeline doesn't matter.

Timeline

i know the khobz that you're talking about! I used to get gifts at some of the shops in the souks in Morocco.. I just figured they felt bad (just a little bit) for ripping me off! I knew they were ripping me off, but didn't care, it's still way cheaper than anything you can buy here! but maybe since it's ramadan, they gave you a fair price! (you can hope!)

Well for Ramadan's sake let us hope, but my husband was telling me that this year we will not be buying so many things and making too many dishes as the marketeers have totally raised the prices to an outrageous portion. To me the prices seem so so cheap, but then I am going by American and European standards where the wages are much much higher. My husband today after arriving home was asking me all types of questions, how much did you say, did you understand them, did they give your change back, did you count it? etc... O snaps, like I am 6 years old again? SO I just asked him, Daddy you didnt bring me any candy? He started laughed and eased up.... :lol:

Timeline

Esalaamu Aleikum everyone...

Maghreb is soon upon us. We break our fast with some warm milk and dates, then pray salaat al-maghreb, then turn on the television to see a portion of the taraweeh prayers in Mecca, before my husband returns from the masjid. Then we will eat our food. Then later on attend the tarawee prayers (just after isha) in the masjid.

I am so looking forward to this, as I have had the best blessing to attend every Jumuaa prayer and some other prayers here in Algerie, which I did not have the luxury to do in USA due to my work and the local masjid.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

You are very brave to go shopping by yourself. My problem would be the communication. At least you do speak and understand some arabic. I loved your pictures on 360. Your dress is so pretty. I loved the color. The pics make me miss my husband's family and Algeria so much. I hope you have a wonderful Ramadan with you husband and a blessed marriage. (L)

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks for sending the reports from Algeria. *dreams about spending Ramadan in a muslim country*

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

I hope you have a wonderful time with your husband during Ramadan.......

~Stacey

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Timeline

(F) Esalaamu Aleikum everyone, Hello and Salut... (F)

I pray this post reached everyone in highest imaan(faith), health and muslimhood.

Well the first day of fasting had ended for me, successlly (elhamdullah)... I was not filling hungry elhamdullah all the day, but thirst and heachaches were (astagfurullah)...

We broke our fast moments before maghreb with some warm milk and dates as planned. I was so so thirsty I drank the milk in a few gulps nealry choking.Then we set the table for 4 (my husband, his friend Mohand, my aunt Kheira and myself) Surprisingly my husband's ate with us in the same table as the women. I am not really used to this, but my huband explained to me that in Algerian that some persons are so highly regarded they are given the same rights and respects as blood relatives. All good and nice, but hehe the hijeb did not come off. :huh:

AFter we broke fast we did our prayer. As we waited for the men to return from the masjid we watched the IQRA channel, the taraqee prayers in Mecca. When the men returned we sat at the table with the feast before us.I mean the meal was so simple, but seemed like a feast to us. img00007_8.jpgAlgerian chorba(soup) with the handmade vermicelli pasta we made in the AM, tp1010024_1.jpghe ground lamb/cheese/egg bourek, p1010062_1.JPGAlgerian orange and onion salad, Algerian fresh vegetable ,egg and tuna salad (sorry no pic but it is similar to salade l'nicoise in French cuisine) and p1010067_2.JPGsome lamb and potato dish that I did not get the name of unfortunately.We had some fresh fruits (grapes, pomegrates, gauva pieces and pears) then we finished it off with some sweets that my husband's friend brought (fruit and creme tart and a Algerian style semolina cake dripping in honey), and the apple crumble tart I made in the AM.

We soon as we were finsihed my aunt and I rushed to the masjid for our place in the tarawee prayers. On arrival we did 2 rakaats and recited the Qurán until the isha prayers began. Until in the USA, the atmosphere was so much more sweeter, more spirtual, communal to me... the women's section of the masjid was packed, we were shoulder to shoulder...esalaams, ramadan kerims and kisses all around. As soon as the isha prayer began and ended, they started into the tarawee...The first reciter was a what seemed to be a very old man, his voice so sincere and sweet. I started to feel tears in my eyes ... 3 other reciters followed in the prayers. Women seemed to drop left and right, but surprisingly I felt more and more fit by each rakaat. I felt the desire to do more and more...I felt such a warm feeling inside of myself.Sounds funny but seriously nice. Soon they last esalaams were said, and the prayer ended. I looked at the clock and was stuned, wow almost 2 hours of prayers...we were in the masjid more 2,5hours in total. Wow SubhanAllah! SubhanAllah! SubhanAllah! The experience was great, so much better then in the USA, where I am alone in my Ramadan. No one to break fast with, so I usually prepare nothing special, and unfortunately to due to my work not able to attend the prayers as I would like.

This the masjid. Sorry it is sideways... :(DigiCamFotos857.jpg

Well also today, we woke for sohoour when we ate sweet couscous,as our main dish, which I have never tasted before but quite enjoyed. We drank coffee and warm milk with honey, also had yoghurt (hehe no table is not complete for my husband that does not have least 2 cups of fig yoghurt on it hehe) he had a coconut chocolate bar (hmmm what was those called? I forget Almond joy?) Who eats chocolate for breakfast anyway?

Well after that, we did our fajr prayer, then we slept again until 7am.

After that I started my homework. It is 9.17am here now. Soon inchallah I wil leave (again) hmmm I miss that baout Europe going shopping daily for whatever is fresh in the market...in the US I did the shopping once a week. I am going to look for myself some home slippers,a home jibe, some textile for a jilbeb, and ingredients for a date tart and a creme and date charlotte.

Peace and Blessings to all... (L)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

grrrrr i hate sideways pics. attached is it rotated. feel free to download it and replace the sideways one.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

Henia...Algeria sounds wonderful mashallah! I'm so happy you're enjoying your time with your husband. You are one brave girl for going out into the souk alone! I wasn't allowed to even take a walk alone in Egypt for fear I would get lost :lol: Beautiful pic mashallah. You and Ahmed make a lovely couple. I wasn't able to see the Yahoo 360 yet :( I'll try again today. I want to see those wedding pics!!!!

Ramadan Kareem ya ukhti! (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.