Ban Hammer

saturday thread

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
It appears to be yet another year of 1/2 fasting on one day and 1/2 fasting on the next day. May Allah accept our fasts.

Jackie

I don't get it .. can you explain ?

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
Happy ramadan everyone! We're heading to the market to pick up a few things so I can prepare something special for tonight. :)

Wadi works from 4 till 12, and his boss so graciously has granted him a 5 minute break so that he can break his fast! Can you believe it - 5 minutes??? And his boss is Muslim too. Oh well, I told him I'd bring him a McDonald's vanilla shake at 6:38. :D

Mmm...vanilla shake! That sounds so good. But 6:38? Man, y'all get to start early! Our sunset isn't till 7:16.

I made Amed a Chorba (got the recipe from someone's post on VJ). It was ok, but I think I was missing something or else I added too much water because it was a little watery. I'm going to let it really sit on low heat tomorrow evening for a long time and add a few more spices. Then, we ate dinner together and I just took Amed to the mosque for the 8:40 prayer. I'm at my office (it's closer to the mosque) and he is supposed to call me when he's done so I can go pick him up.

We were going to go get Amed's license this weekend because his greencard finally came (!) but it turns out our local DMV only does license tests for those with foreign licenses on Mondays through Fridays. So, we have to figure out when next week we can go. I'll be so glad when he's able to go out on his own without having to rely on someone else to take him, and I know he wants a little independence.

So, show of hands: how many started fasting today, and how many will start tomorrow? Amed was going to start tomorrow, since that is when they are starting in Algeria, but according to the Islamic Society of North America, fasting was supposed to start today here. So, Amed started today. It's so hard not to be able to hug or kiss him when I want to, but I'm having to learn to be careful! I don't want to cause any problems for him because I know how important Ramadan is.

Well, have a terrific evening everyone!

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Filed: Timeline

Happy Saturday to you as well Charles. How nice of you to wish us a happy Ramadaan (F)

I've had a long day and I'm ready to turn in. I spent all day cleaning my new house! I'll be moving in sometime this week inshallah but I'm not sure which day exactly yet.

It's a very cute, somewhat older house but it's great because we have a yard!!!! We're so excited because I really miss having a garden.

An elderly lady lived there before so it hasn't been kept up all that much and I agreed to do a lot of the work myself in exchange for a VERY low monthly rent alhamdulilah.

Yousuf has mixed emotions.. on one hand he's thrilled and excited because he likes the idea of living in a house when he's here better than an apartment but on the other hand he's feeling kinda down because he's not here to help me with the fixing up. :( He's really cute how he tells me to leave it and he'll do it when he gets here... hmmm let me think about that... the kitchen walls were black from smoke because that lady burned something on the stove real bad... I'm not gonna leave smoke on the walls until he gets here :P but I understand how he feels I guess.

Hope everyone had a great day and a wonderful first day of Ramadaan (for those who started today). (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

well hopefully everyone had a good first day of ramadan. i've so far worked my way thru a pizza and now i'm having a bowl of blue bell french vanilla cappucino (a new flavor) :D

of special note - i quit smoking today.

Happy Saturday to you as well Charles. How nice of you to wish us a happy Ramadaan (F)

ty sis. and a happy ramadan to you - and you behave now :thumbs:

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

of special note - i quit smoking today.

That's great news! Good luck with that :thumbs:

Dinner mints (I call them Chinese restaurant mints :P ) are perfect for helping with that :yes:

i'm trying the blue bell cigarette patch right now :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
yay i got to start the saturday thread! :dance:

best wishes to all for a happy and above all, a safe ramadan :luv:

Oooooooooo snaps how sweet of you CharlesNessa to start us a thread and say Happy Ramadan.... :luv: Praying you and your SO all the best, peace and blessings :luv:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.