w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

"I am resigning from my job. Do not fly with this plane. It is not safe. Do not fly with Onur Air."

54 posts in this topic

You should click on the link and read the few comments below the story from real life pilots. They all agree that what this pilot did was a good thing and ultimately he was putting the safety of the passengers above anything else. I say good on him!

LONDON TO CALIFORNIA ....

K1

May 5th 05 - K1 petition sent to CSC

August 23rd 05 - Visa Approved!!!

AOS and EAD

December 5th 05 - AOS and EAD sent

December 16th 05 - NOA's received for both AOS and EAD

December 31st 05 - Receive letter for AOS interview

February 6th 06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED

February 16th 06 - Biometrics Appointment

February 22nd 06 - EAD Approved via e mail

February 27th 06 - EAD card in mail!!!

March 6th 06 - Got a job!

March 17th 06 - Green Card Approval via e mail

March 18th 06 - 'Welcome to America' letter arrives

March 24th 06 - Green Card Arrives!

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world.

For indeed, that's all who ever have."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
You should click on the link and read the few comments below the story from real life pilots. They all agree that what this pilot did was a good thing and ultimately he was putting the safety of the passengers above anything else. I say good on him!

Thank you to that poster (Sabaidee I believe?) who posted that link to that story regarding Onur Air's apparently horrible safety record, that they are being banned from landing in certain countries due to their record.

My wife is Turkish, and I've traveled to Turkey often. That airline is a popular one in Turkey, with a lot of recognition among trvael agents (I see banners for that plane just about everywhere).

Until now, I have really not known a thing about them. (We actually fly Delta to Turkey most often....and get sky miles:)

But I would have thought Onur Air was as safe as Turkish Airlines.

After this thread , I think they have definately lost at least one future customer. (When my wife finally gets her interview in Ankara for her I-130...you can be sure after what I have read, she won't be flying this airline from Istanbul to attend her interview.)

Sounds to me based on what I've been reading .....that pilot may have been saving lives, regardless of his motives and feelings.

April 16, 2004 Married in Saint Augustine, Florida.

March 7, 2005 Wife left for Istanbul to serve J-1 2 year HRR. Was a very bad day at Black Rock.

May 23, 2006 USCIS receives application for I-130

June 12, 2006 Noa1

Sept 7, 2006 Noa2 I-130 approved

Oct 10 ,2006 Received fee bill from NVC

Nov 13 ,2006 Received Packet 2 DS-230

Jan 4, 2007 Mailed Packet 2 to NVC

Jan 22, 2007 RFE from NVC aaarrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!

Feb 28, 2007 NVC received "checklist" response and original documents for the RFE

March 13, 2007 Case completed at NVC! Whoooohoooo!! Ankara, here we come!!!!

March 15, 2007 Case fowarded to Ankara Embassy

April 4, 2007 Interview. Wife gets handed the little green paper. Not good. Need to submit a few more things.

April 9, 2007 Items mailed back to Embassy. Crossing fingers, rubbing the "rabbit's foot", etc,..that this may FINALLY be the end.

April 14, 2007 Visa delivered! Wife is finally going to be on her way back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 20, 2007 Wife enters through JFK. The days of grabbing my dinners at the WalMart deli....are now officially over!!!

Stay tuned to this channel for further updates..........

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

i'm sure he could have done it in a way that didn't freak out those poor passengers! :(

i would be on some serious valium after an event like that! :wacko:

Adjustment of Status

July 1 2006 - Sent EAD & AOS packet

Sept 19 2006 - EAD APPROVED

Sept 22 2006 - AOS APPROVED

Sept 23 2006 - EAD card arrived

Sept 29 2006 - GC arrived!!!

Removal of Conditions

Jul 9 2008 - Filed @ VSC

Feb 25 2009 - Transferred to CSC

June 20 2009 - Card production ordered

NATURALIZATION

Aug 24 2009 - Mailed N-400 priority mail

Aug 26 2009 - rec'd at TX Lockbox

Aug 27 2009 - NOA1 (rec'd 8/31)

Aug 28 2009 - check cashed

Sept 4 2009 - biometrics notice [rec'd Sept 9]

Sept 25 2009 - Biometrics

Oct 17 2009 - Email about file transfer for interview

Oct 21 2009 - Interview Letter Rec'd

Dec 8 2009 - Interview - PASSED!!!!!!

Dec 19 2009 - Oath Letter rec'd

Jan 14 2010 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!

Jan 15 2010 - Passport app.

Jan 21 2010 - Nat. cert. returned

Jan 22 2010 - Passport rec'd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I was ona flight where one of the warnings in cockpit wouldnt go away... so they shut the entire plane down and basically did a computer reboot. warning light went away.... so did my confidence in that airline too :yes:

Standard Fix on the Airbus :lol:

if all else fails, shut the power off the plane and reboot it :P

I am a aircraft mechanic and worked on Airbus planes. Just of #######. Throw away planes

:lol::lol:

I am glad he did what he did....

I mean seriously, I have to trust the pilot that flys the plane...I am sure he has a family and doesn't want to die either ....... so if he gets off and walks cos he thinks it isn't safe, then I am right behind him...literally :lol::lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I don't think that guy is a chopfcuk....don't think anyone would risk their whole career on a 'payback' stunt to walk out in such a dramatic fashion

me too! :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Have you ever been in a situation, where you are going to deal with major casualties? I have had too. I was working for the United States Government as an expert in fighting forest fires. In my tenure there, 1979-1989 no forest service employ burnt to death on fire. I 1986 the forest service instituted a hiring policy that was highly illegal and foreshadowed the death on fire of many. I brought this out to them; they would not listen. After every attempt to go through channels, I hit them where they deserved to be hit. In the crotch.

Check out what happened in forest fire after 1989. Many people burnt to death. For those who oppose what the pilot did, I wish that they fly with a pilot who will not tell them that the plane is unsafe. Very Darwinian as these people should not spread their atavistic genes and rancid chromosome into the gene pool.

Date I-129F Sent : 03/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA1: 04/03/2006

I-129F RFE(s) : 08/10/2006

I-129F RFE Reply(s) : 08/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 08/18/2006

Date Package Received By NVC : 09/05/2006

Date Sent to Embassy: 09/18/2006 assigned number MNL2006743xxx

Date Embassy received 09/26/2006

letter-touched 10/17/2006

information on medical and interview 11/17/2006

Packet with Information 11/29/2006

Medical 1/12/2007

Interview 1/19/2007

Standard Fix on the Airbus :lol:

if all else fails, shut the power off the plane and reboot it :P

I am a aircraft mechanic and worked on Airbus planes. Just of #######. Throw away planes

:lol::lol:

When I travel on an airbus I often wonder how they get off the ground. Scary machines! :no::ph34r:

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
I'd fly with that guy as the pilot anyday!

Me too!!!

It's not unheard of for a pilot to refuse to fly a plane he believes is not safe.

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'd fly with that guy as the pilot anyday!

Me too!!!

It's not unheard of for a pilot to refuse to fly a plane he believes is not safe.

me too! :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The Airbus is actually a very good plane, especially the A32X series. But like all aircraft, it requires maintenance. If the pilot thought the plane was unfit to travel with, then hell yeah he should refuse. However, he should have walked away as soon as the airline told him they would not fix the issues he was concerned about, rather than waiting until departure time with a plane full of people.

What he did was good, just not at the right time.

I don't think that guy is a chopfcuk....don't think anyone would risk their whole career on a 'payback' stunt to walk out in such a dramatic fashion

you sister, are naive...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
The Airbus is actually a very good plane, especially the A32X series. But like all aircraft, it requires maintenance. If the pilot thought the plane was unfit to travel with, then hell yeah he should refuse. However, he should have walked away as soon as the airline told him they would not fix the issues he was concerned about, rather than waiting until departure time with a plane full of people.

What he did was good, just not at the right time.

Well, typically a flight crew arrives at the airport a couple of hours before scheduled take off. During that time he receives flight planning and weather briefs. He is also given the information and records of the equipment he is assigned to fly. He reviews that along with the First Officer; then once the plane is ready for his inspection they do their inspection and checklists both the exterior and inside the cockpit. Some of the checks are still ongoing as the passengers are boarding. We don't know exactly what was wrong with the plane here in question. As far as I can tell ( from my experience at work), it's not uncommon at all for issues to arise with the aircraft shortly before departure.

Again, in my experience with flight crews from airlines based all over the world; based on the information presented, the Captain did the correct thing; and maybe the timing of it was not of his choosing.

you sister, are naive...

Why so?

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---