stayaway

For All VJ People

213 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

How many of you were nervous or scared to go to another country to meet your SO for the first time? well Jabree is very nervous and a frightend young lady. so please offer support and extend a little compassion.

That's why I've asked her if she would like to talk with any Egypt related ladies to hear about our experiences. No answer :(

btw, I went to Egypt alone for the first time at age 21. It can be done.

how is she supposed to seek you all for comfort if you jump on her?

explain that? you all can mock her or me - all you want I am telling you this is the reason

why the Middle east thread is going to pot. :huh:

Have many of you been in a chat room that has Arabic extremists in it? Well I have, and it isn't pretty. I have heard comments like "die americans, death to you all, we will kill your children like you have killed ours, etc. I have also heard similar from Americans directed to them. For the past 8 years I have had a large exposure to Arabic people, so I know these extremists are the minority, but if you had heard these remarks without knowing any good Arabic people I think all of us would be a little intimidated.

Besides, on her post I don't recall her asking for any advice, it was more of an update.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

How many of you were nervous or scared to go to another country to meet your SO for the first time? well Jabree is very nervous and a frightend young lady. so please offer support and extend a little compassion.

That's why I've asked her if she would like to talk with any Egypt related ladies to hear about our experiences. No answer :(

explain that? you all can mock her or me - all you want I am telling you this is the reason

Have many of you been in a chat room that has Arabic extremists in it? Well I have, and it isn't pretty. I have heard comments like "die americans, death to you all, we will kill your children like you have killed ours, etc. I have also heard similar from Americans directed to them. For the past 8 years I have had a large exposure to Arabic people, so I know these extremists are the minority, but if you had heard these remarks without knowing any good Arabic people I think all of us would be a little intimidated.

Besides, on her post I don't recall her asking for any advice, it was more of an update.

how would you know if you never allowed her the chance to get comfortable with ya? :huh:

tell ya this much. she is a very sweet and kind lady. she dont need to be attacked like a lamb in

a den of wolves!

shon.gif

Timeline

how would you know if you never allowed her the chance to get comfortable with ya? :huh:

tell ya this much. she is a very sweet and kind lady. she dont need to be attacked like a lamb in

a den of wolves!

Did I offend her? :unsure: If so, I am sorry. That would never be my intentions for anyone.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

For all of you who think that some of us have been unsupportive of Jabree, instead of bickering with us why don't you offer your support to her? By bikering with us so-called unsupporters you are no better. You are not offering support to either, you are slapping us on the wrist.

Type A, Type B, Type C personalities, who cares? I mean should we all mold our personalities to be what the OP (any poster) wants? I can accept the fact that everyone has different personalities, why cant you? I'm not trying to tell you how to speak or how to word your posts. Some people spend so much time telling others how to speak and what to do. If you want to offer nothing but support you are free to do that, but don't tell others how to spend their time on VJ.

NO ONE was mean to Jabree or ridiculed her. Everyone was trying to be helpful. There are those of you don't have a thick skin and sometimes forget that typing words and saying words sound completly different. Don't let the flat tone of the typed words get to you. Be who you want to be and don't worry about anyone else.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

a den of wolves!

Did I offend her? :unsure: If so, I am sorry. That would never be my intentions for anyone.

its not YOU personally. she was jumped on by several members. its bad because, she needs support

just like everyone on here does.

shon.gif

Timeline

a den of wolves!

No one is being attacked! Why don't you focus your time on supporting her needs instead telling others how to talk or post!

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

--"...a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." Thomas Paine

I like that saying, what do you think?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
--"...a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." Thomas Paine

I like that saying, what do you think?

I like it too. (F)

communication is a 2 way street... if someone wants to communicate an idea and have it be heard, they should think about how best to communicate with the intended recipient... that is just basic... its not preaching or telling others how to post... and the recipient bears the responsibility to try to find the point of the post to gather the idea that is trying to be communicated...

my response is not specific to any one person, just as a general commentary on the state of the board... ive posted before to say that there is a difference between blowing smoke up someones a$$, giving an honest answer in a tactful way, and being uncaring or condescending with how an honest answer is given

ewok is right... there are MANY ppl who have expressed the sentiment that vj as a whole is not the accepting and helpful place that it was... there are a lot of ppl who have left the board or now just lurk because of this... if there are more than a couple of ppl who feel that way, shouldnt there be a bit of speculation as to whether there is some truth to the matter?

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

a den of wolves!

No one is being attacked! Why don't you focus your time on supporting her needs instead telling others how to talk or post!

you can take your OWN advise as well missy! stop trying to tell me how to talk or post. btw,

thanks for proving my point! :angry:

communication is a 2 way street... if someone wants to communicate an idea and have it be heard, they should think about how best to communicate with the intended recipient... that is just basic... its not preaching or telling others how to post... and the recipient bears the responsibility to try to find the point of the post to gather the idea that is trying to be communicated...

my response is not specific to any one person, just as a general commentary on the state of the board... ive posted before to say that there is a difference between blowing smoke up someones a$$, giving an honest answer in a tactful way, and being uncaring or condescending with how an honest answer is given

ewok is right... there are MANY ppl who have expressed the sentiment that vj as a whole is not the accepting and helpful place that it was... there are a lot of ppl who have left the board or now just lurk because of this... if there are more than a couple of ppl who feel that way, shouldnt there be a bit of speculation as to whether there is some truth to the matter?

I agree!

seemingly EVERYONE forgot the 1st time they posted on here. I know I hesitated for months before

my first posting. when I did a bunch of Ear holes jumped on me. when I got my interview date and

I-129f approval. :huh: the ONLY reason why I stated outside of those nasty people I found some

really nice people on here and made good friendships.

shon.gif

Short of offering to change my legal name to hers and flying over to Egypt myself to meet her fiance, I don't think there's anything else I can do other than to say: save your money on a lawyer to fight a probably losing battle and use it to go meet your man.

But that was said on page one of God only knows which thread

Timeline

a den of wolves!

you can take your OWN advise as well missy! stop trying to tell me how to talk or post. btw,

thanks for proving my point! :angry:

I am NOT trying to tell you how to post, its quite the contrary. Take my own advice? You are the one that is hell-bent on giving her support. I feel that I have offered support, in my opinion the truth is the best form of support. If your form of support is well wishing, then so be it thats your choice. When I see people saying things like that I don't make posts to them telling them to be more truthful with the OP, everyone has the right to say what they like, the sooner everyone accepts the sooner the problems will go away. However this patroling of the boards and telling others how to act and to be more supportive is lame. People are who they are and world peace is not going to start in VJ.

For as many people that have come and said that they want VJ to be a more peaceful supportive place. Well since I have been a member it has always been this way, there has always been a clash of opinions and views. I have recieved NUMEROUS pm's from members stating the same thing. Nothing is going to change. I think in any thread, you can expect to see some criticism, well-wishing, facts, and BS. This is the INTERNET not pre-school.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

I do remember a time when this board was peaceful. That is why I stick around. I had so much help from the start, and when my husband was denied I had an outcry of support. Most of the people on here had no idea how to help me at that point, some gave the wrong advice, but the support was there.

I do stay on these boards, not so I can learn more, but so maybe I can give my support to anyone that needs it.

Timeline
I do remember a time when this board was peaceful. That is why I stick around. I had so much help from the start, and when my husband was denied I had an outcry of support. Most of the people on here had no idea how to help me at that point, some gave the wrong advice, but the support was there.

I do stay on these boards, not so I can learn more, but so maybe I can give my support to anyone that needs it.

I think that is great, it's nice to have a diverse mixture of people and personalities. It's like having a potluck everyday :lol: Seriously, its great that you offer support. Some people are more factual. Some are downright rude. I have even had a very rude comment from one of the posters in this thread who has now preching to everyone else about how they should act!

There are some things certain people see as being mean or offensive that others don't, its as simple as that.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think that is great, it's nice to have a diverse mixture of people and personalities. It's like having a potluck everyday :lol: Seriously, its great that you offer support. Some people are more factual. Some are downright rude. I have even had a very rude comment from one of the posters in this thread who has now preching to everyone else about how they should act!

There are some things certain people see as being mean or offensive that others don't, its as simple as that.

Who might that be? hahaha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.