AndyMisiu

Staying in touch!!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

How often do you or did you talk with your fiancee before you were together in the same country? what is normal?

See, I think me and my fiancee are on a different page. I would like to talk everyday and would do anything to make sure that happends. My fiancee on the other hand can go a day without talking and that's ok. I guess my problem is the fact that I'm always plugged in to my computer 24-7 and she is not. She can get away and do other things. She has things to do during the day that don't involve a computer. She has a personal life and hangs out with her friends and tries to pass time.

My problem is, I've shut down my life. I've been staying home all the time, working 70 hours a week, and trying to save every single penny I have. I know it's going to be tough for us at first on one income, especially when tying to provide a great life for us. I have always been co-dependent and it hurts when I want to talk and she is busy. It sucks because I am the male, except I feel like the woman. I am the emotional one and she is the one playing it cool. I am whipped!! and I can't change it. What am I to do?

We send e-mails everyday and that's cool. We usually talk everyday but we don't always have much to say. She is working and I am working. I have expressed my displeasure with her feeling it's ok not to talk for a day or so. She says it's better to talk once every two or three days and have a lot to talk about, rather than talking everyday with nothing to talk about. And I can understand this, but damn, it's so hard as it is to be apart.

I don't want to drown her or smother her with wanting to talk all the time, and I know it's not good to get in a routine or to become normal. I don't want things to become boring or mundane. I guess people are different. I have been told by past girlfriends that I'm too far up there butt. I know this isn't attractive to a woman. Now I'm afraid I've given this insecure, puppy, afraid, co-dependent, whining, little b!tch image to her. I know that it's not a big deal to her. I don't want to play games, but I know I need to keep her on her toes.

Do you want to know what the real problem is?? yes!! I'm insecure!! I'm afraid of losing her. Even if I know it's forever and always, even if she tells me she will wait no matter what, even if I know I'm her only (you know) and how important that is to her, even if we are engaged and that means so much to us, even if we do have a great relationship, I am still afraid of losing her. I'm so worried about this, and I shouldn't be.

See, I am always the one going the extra mile for her, I am the one always doing what I feel is necessary to keep a long distance relationship working. I thought that talking everyday would keep us closer together and from drifting too far apart. I know you shouldn't have expectations of people, and everyone is different. She says I need to get out more. I feel guilty with every $1.00 menu cheeseburger I buy. I'm in a tough spot.

Do you think I'm going crazy?? what should I do?? am I normal??

God this is hard. I'm glad I'm going to see her in October, we are pushing 4 months apart from each other again. I hate being apart, because we never this type of pressure when we're together.

06/30/06- sent I-129F petition to VSC.

07/11/06- NOA1 (received in mail)

07/19/06- RFE received in mail, IMBRA

07/28/06- e-mail, IMBRA RFE received at VSC

09/11/06- called VSC, told I'm with an adjudicating officer

09/25/06- called VSC, told to file expedited service, outside 60 days of RFE received date

09/26/06- sent expedited service request to VSC via fax and snail mail

09/26/06- Senators and Congressman making inquiries into my petition

09/29/06- expedited service request approved by VSC director

10/04/06- e-mail NOA2 approved!!!!!!

10/05/06- NVC received

10/06/06- NVC forwarded to Poland Embassy

10/16/06- Packet #3 received

10/17/06- Packet #3 sent to US Embassy Warsaw

10/30/06- Packet #4 received

10/30/06- Interview scheduled for November 22nd!!!

11/30/06- Visa in hand, via DHL!!!!

12/05/06- Ania and I arrive together in the USA

02/11/07- Ania applied for Social Security Card

02/17/07- Ania and I were MARRIED!!!!!!

07/24/07- Social Security Card in hand- after some minor issues and a little procrastination :)

10/14/07- I-485, I-765, and permission to travel mailed to USCIS

10/17/07- Received NOA1

12/17/07- I-485 shipped to California Service Center for faster service

12/17/07- I-765 approved new card should be mailed within 30 days, Advanced parole approved

02/28/08- AOS APPROVED!!!! PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED!!!!! (card received couple weeks after approval)

Timeline

I feel a bit immature with all of this, I feel like a kid. When we are together being a part of each others lives we have all kinds of things to talk about. When we are together and have nothing to say we can just hold each other or watch a movie. Being apart is tough, you don't have the everday things that make a relationship so wonderful. The things that make a relationship what they are. The morning kisses, the flowers, the small things. You know we are all so strong for making this type of relationship work becuase we are at a disadvantage without those things. We don't even have real relationships. We have love and the hope that one day we can be together soon to have the relastionship that we dream of. The relationship we have when we spend those wonderful but brief vacations together. When we are together we will have an advantage though, becuase we should never take our relationships for granted. We've been through too much. I can't wait to be approved, really!!

Edited by AndyMisiu

09/25/06- called VSC, told to file expedited service, outside 60 days of RFE received date

10/05/06- NVC received

07/24/07- Social Security Card in hand- after some minor issues and a little procrastination :)

10/17/07- Received NOA1

12/17/07- I-765 approved new card should be mailed within 30 days, Advanced parole approved

02/28/08- AOS APPROVED!!!! PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED!!!!! (card received couple weeks after approval)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Praying for your approval! (F)

also you can try out the burger once in awhile.. :thumbs:

December 05, 2005- Met online

January 15, 2006 - I love you. I love you too.

July 19-26,2006- First visit

July 19,2006- Engaged

August 17, 2006 - I-129F mailed to VSC

December 20,2006 - January 08,'07 - Second visit

January 12, 2007 -Visa on Hand

January 26, 2007 -Arrived in the USA - POE:SFO

February 14, 2007 -Civil Wedding

March 12, 2007 - Applied for SSN married name

April 16, 2007 - SSN received

March 12, 2007- AOS mailed to Chicago Xbox

March 14, 2007- AOS delivered to Chicago Xbox

March 20, 2007- NOA1

March 23, 2007- Touched

March 26, 2007- Biometrics letter received

April 11, 2007- Case transfered to CSC

April 12, 2007- Biometrics appointment

April 12 & 14 2007- Touched

April 16, 2007- CSC transfer notice received

May 16, 2007- Touched, case pending @ CSC

May 17 & 18 2007- Touched

June 25 & 26 2007- Touched

July 03, 2007- Card Production ordered

July 04, 2007- Touched

July 05, 2007- Touched

July 06, 2007- Approval Notice Sent

July 07, 2007- Touched

July 09, 2007- Welcome Letter received

July 11, 2007- Green Card received (dated June 28,2007)

March 28, 2009 - File to Remove Condition

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We were on the phone at least 4 or 5 times a day and emailed back and forth all day as well.

*January 24 2006 - mailed in I129-F petition

*January 25 2006 - I129-F received at CSC

*January 30 2006 - packet returned.....arggggggggg we forgot one signature!!

*January 31 2006 - sent I129-F back to the CSC, hope we did not forget anything else

*February 1 2006 - I129-F received at CSC again

*February 3 2006 - NOA1

*April 20 2006 - NOA2!!!!!

*April 24 2006 - Touched!

*May 15 2006 - NVC received petition today!

*May 17 2006 - Case left NVC today!!

*May 30 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Vancouver!

*May 30 2006 - Faxed back Packet 3!!

*June 6 2006 - Received packet 4!

*June 20 2006 - Medical in Saskatoon

*June 28 2006 - Interview in Vancouver!!

*June 28 2006 - GOT THE VISA!!!*June 30 2006 - Moving day!

*July 3 2006 - Home at last!!

*July 28 2006 - married!

*September 13 2006 - Mailed AOS/EAD package

*September 25 2006 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD

*October 6 2006 - Biometrics appointments

*October 10 2006 - Touched!

*October 19 2006 - Transferred to CSC!

*October 26 2006 - Received by CSC

*October 27 2006 - Touched

*October 28 2006 - Touched again

*October 31 2006 - Touched again

*November 2 2006 - Touched again

*November 3 2006- and another touch

*November 7 2006- touched

*November 7 2006 - My case approved, still waiting for kids!

*November 8 2006 - Touched my case again

*November 13 2006 - Greencard arrived...yeah I can work!

*November 14 2006 - Touched my case again

*January 2007 - RFE for kids Greencard.

*February 2007 - kids medical and sent in RFE

*February 2007 - Received kids greencards

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline

*hugs*

First thing, let me say that you are not alone. This is something most long distance couples deal with. Some aren't good at talking on the telephone, others just don't know what to say. I know that I have trouble sleeping if I don't get to hear Harry's voice, and that's just because we've pretty much talked every night since we got together save for a rare few. Have you tried telling her that it doesn't matter if you have a lot to talk about... that you just want to hear her voice? Perhaps tell her that her voice is beautiful, that you love to hear it, tell her how it makes you feel just to hear her breathe. Seriously, it sounds sappy but it might be the encouragement she needs to talk even if there isn't much to say.

It's also perfectly okay to be afraid. You have such an amazing thing in your life and you worry it will go away. I've been there, I am there, so I know exactly what you're going through. I've invested so much time into my relationship that I'm worried it would break me if he were to ever go away. Sometimes, I just ask very quietly, 'Stay with me forever?'. He usually just says 'Of course' or 'always', but it does help me feel better. Take courage in the fact that this is someone who is willing to go this distance to be with you, and you're willing to go that distance to be with her. That is an amazing thing that very, very few people can understand.

I also know all too well about the financial side of things. I wanted so badly to save up money to help us get on our feet once my beloved is here, but I seem to get sidetracked all the time. Don't be afraid to treat yourself once in a while though. Let yourself have that dollar hamburger or whatever and make it a reward for being so good at keeping things together this past week.

If nothing else... know that you're loved by someone amazing in this world.

I hope that knowledge can offer some comfort.

If you ever need to talk, let me know.

*double-hugs*

Our K-1 Visa/AOS/RoC timeline can be found here.

Timeline

yeah! your right about the "just saying you love them" or "just to hear her voice". We both love to hear each others voice.

I would just call on my cell phone for a couple of minutes just to say "I love you".

But I almost ruined that because I told her she should be trying harder to call me on Skype for free instead of relying on me to call on my cell phone, because it costs money.

She said not to call on the cell phone then because I"m making her feel bad that I call and have to spend money. She said she can handle not hearing from me if that's the case.

Of course, I said screw that.. I need to call you, which I'm sure she would prefer. I don't care about spending money to call her, I just said that because I wanted to give reason why she should try harder to call on Skype. She calls to my cell phone too, but just lets it ring once for me to call her. It costs too much money for her to call me.

I think I'm just going crazy!! I think I just need to be with her!! I guess I really just miss her and I'm doing what I always do. I worry too much about little things.

Edited by AndyMisiu

10/05/06- NVC received

10/17/07- Received NOA1

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I strongly recommend that you find something/someway to distract yourself. Not only will you make yourself crazy by obsessing like you are, but you could inadvertently push your loved one away.

DON'T put your life "on hold" during this time apart. You are only hurting yourself. Start a project, find a hobby, or take a little vacation. Once you find yourself a bit more relaxed, you will almost certainly find your girl making more of an effort to contact you.

Insecurity, although common in everyone at times, can be a bit of a turn-off. But if you are struggling with it as you appear to be, maybe there is something deeper that needs to be examined. If not, then TRUST in your relationship and let go a little.

Cliche for the Day: If it's meant to be, it will be.

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

we talked at least 3 times a day and e-mailed and texted all the time. It wasn't easy - being in Australia our schedules were totally oppisite...but we made it work. We NEVER ran out of things to talk about...and we still don't now that we are together all the time...

But yeah maybe it's cultural

DON'T put your life "on hold" during this time apart. You are only hurting yourself. Start a project, find a hobby, or take a little vacation. Once you find yourself a bit more relaxed, you will almost certainly find your girl making more of an effort to contact you.

The best advice I've seen all day. When you are les available and nagging her - she'll come running...I guarantee. I don't think "games" are a good idea but getting on with your life is EXCELLENT advivce

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline
I strongly recommend that you find something/someway to distract yourself. Not only will you make yourself crazy by obsessing like you are, but you could inadvertently push your loved one away.

Insecurity, although common in everyone at times, can be a bit of a turn-off. But if you are struggling with it as you appear to be, maybe there is something deeper that needs to be examined. If not, then TRUST in your relationship and let go a little.

Cliche for the Day: If it's meant to be, it will be.

Your right!! thank you!! everything you said is exactly right. I'm obsessive compulsive!! it sucks!! man!! I think I'm taking half a day off of work and I'm going to go and do something!!!

we talked at least 3 times a day and e-mailed and texted all the time. It wasn't easy - being in Australia our schedules were totally oppisite...but we made it work. We NEVER ran out of things to talk about...and we still don't now that we are together all the time...

But yeah maybe it's cultural

The best advice I've seen all day. When you are les available and nagging her - she'll come running...I guarantee. I don't think "games" are a good idea but getting on with your life is EXCELLENT advivce

Some people are very talkative while others are not. I've decided to carry a little book around so I can write down things that happen during the day. I always forget the little things that could be shared. I can't put my life on hold either. Thanks!!

10/05/06- NVC received

10/17/07- Received NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

YOu are love sick my friend, and thats a good thing.

Im sure she is too, however her circumstances over there may be different, also i encouraged mine to spend alot of time with famioy in the city and the home village dont know when he would be able to see them again

hope it helps Inshallah (GOd willing) you will be able to start your new life together soon

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I just replied in your other thread. Is it possible in Polish culture women do not phone and pursue men. Just a thought.

My wife is Polish (the USC but been here 14 yrs) and is certainly more laid back about those things. We have known each other for 6 years now and have been married for almost 3 (Anniversary next Weds!) but at times I feel that I am still getting used to the differences in our personalities. She would say so too, about me ;)

I think it might be a 'cultural' thing. How old are you both, AndyMisiu, if you don't mind me asking? The reason why I ask is that my wife's life and experience in Poland was mostly under what she calls the Communist Campus and that might also have a bearing. We are in our 50s.

Hang in there....Do try to get out and enjoy life as if you have no life beyond home then you are going to find it difficult to introduce your fiancee to people and life in the US. It will be quite a culture shock for her....It was for me as an Englishman !!

By the way, we have a lot of fun now we are together but it was a full year or more before we knew which of each other's toes not to step on ;) Very best wishes, Neil.

Neil (Preston, England) & Eva (North Carolina, USA)

27 September 2003 Church Wedding, England.

8 October 2004 -INTERVIEW---VISA GRANTED !!!

(Intervening time covered in VJ -Timeline Section)

10 Dec 2004 - Saturn finally came out of orbit and landed in NC !

(Check timeline for intervening period)

8th February 2006 - 'GREEN CARD' FINALLY GRANTED AT INTERVIEW IN CHARLOTTE, NC.

5th Wedding Anniversary due later this year, on 27th September 2008 - How time flies !

I am not a Lawyer and have never wanted or professed to be one. The views and comments I may express here are entirely my own and without any intended legal standing.

Timeline

Well, I just wanted to say thanks for everyones help. I can't reply anymore because I'm going to go and get a life. I decided to go out this evening, I don't know what I will do but it will be something. I will work for awhile tomorrow of course but then I'm going to a Maryland Terps college football game. That should be great because I've never done that before. On Sunday I will hang out with my friends and watch football instead of staying in my house. I'm going to give Ania her space and allow things to happen naturally. I'm not going to pressure her or whine to her about my needs. If this is the way she deals with the distance than I can be understanding of that. I need to develope my life too. Thank you for all of your help!! I really feel better about this.

10/05/06- NVC received

10/17/07- Received NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Well, I just wanted to say thanks for everyones help. I can't reply anymore because I'm going to go and get a life. I decided to go out this evening, I don't know what I will do but it will be something. I will work for awhile tomorrow of course but then I'm going to a Maryland Terps college football game. That should be great because I've never done that before. On Sunday I will hang out with my friends and watch football instead of staying in my house. I'm going to give Ania her space and allow things to happen naturally. I'm not going to pressure her or whine to her about my needs. If this is the way she deals with the distance than I can be understanding of that. I need to develope my life too. Thank you for all of your help!! I really feel better about this.

That's great news ! Have a fab evening and weekend. Neil.

Neil (Preston, England) & Eva (North Carolina, USA)

27 September 2003 Church Wedding, England.

8 October 2004 -INTERVIEW---VISA GRANTED !!!

(Intervening time covered in VJ -Timeline Section)

10 Dec 2004 - Saturn finally came out of orbit and landed in NC !

(Check timeline for intervening period)

8th February 2006 - 'GREEN CARD' FINALLY GRANTED AT INTERVIEW IN CHARLOTTE, NC.

5th Wedding Anniversary due later this year, on 27th September 2008 - How time flies !

I am not a Lawyer and have never wanted or professed to be one. The views and comments I may express here are entirely my own and without any intended legal standing.

Filed: Timeline

We talk everyday, multiple times a day.

He wakes me up via messenger...I have a really obnoxious noise which sounds when he msgs me. Then we'll talk on msgr for a bit unless I have something that I need to go into the office for (I usually work from home)

After he gets off work, he calls me and we'll talk. Again, if I'm home, we'll talk on the phone sometimes for hours...but with the schedules the way they are, this only happens on Mon/Tues/orThurs. If I'm not at home, it's a driveby call like only 10 mins, unless I'm just running errands. Once when I was showing property, my GPS wasn't working, so he was on the phone with me the whole time I was driving, reading out the directions from mapquest to me. I also have a bluetooth headset, so while showing the properties, I left him on hold until I was back in the car alone (I have a 2 seater so I don't take customers around in my car)

At night, we'll speak for at least 30 mins when we're both home for the evening. This is every night. If either of us goes out with friends, we call the other when we're home safe and sound.

Oh, and of course, texts throughout the day, or msgr on my laptop when I'm at my office.