Candace

Question for Frankfurt DCFers

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hello Germlish/Zauber/Suzy (if you ever visit here during time out from your awesome new life in the US! :)) or anyone else who went through Frankfurt and can help...just a quick question regarding the three photos for the medical and the one required for the interview.

I cannot get US sized photos here now and wondered if anyone had used the German sized ones for their application? If not, is the photo machine in the lobby of the US Consulate in Frankfurt easily accessible? I have my interview at 7:30am followed by the medical so in principle I could rush in and get the photos. I do however have some (dreadful!) British sized passport photos so I guess I could give them a try and I am sure they'll march me down to the photo machine if they're not right?

Which photo ends up on your Green Card? The one you give to the consulate at the interview?

I guess I am panicking about photos because I'm not used to not worrying about anything with regard to immigration, and all my paperwork is (hopefully) done! :whistle:

Thanks! :star:

Permanent Resident Since 01/03/2007

N-400 application mailed 3/20/17

Credit card charged 3/25/17

NOA 3/31/17

Hey Candace,

I don't know the difference between German-sized photos and American-sized photos. However, I know the Frankfurt Consulate has specific instructions for the size of the photos. Here is the link: Photo Requirements for U.S. Visa Applications.

I followed these instructions provided on the Consulate website. As far as I know, the passport-style photos have to conform to those specifications. If they do not, then you must take the photos in the lobby at the Consulate.

The photo machine in the lobby of the Consulate is easily accessible. I have no idea how much it costs. Bring small bills with you ($5).

I have no idea what photo is used for the green card. My husband went to a photographer to have his photo taken and we received six photos. We used the same photos throughout the entire process.

Good luck!

-Z

Hello Germlish/Zauber/Suzy (if you ever visit here during time out from your awesome new life in the US! :)) or anyone else who went through Frankfurt and can help...just a quick question regarding the three photos for the medical and the one required for the interview.

I cannot get US sized photos here now and wondered if anyone had used the German sized ones for their application? If not, is the photo machine in the lobby of the US Consulate in Frankfurt easily accessible? I have my interview at 7:30am followed by the medical so in principle I could rush in and get the photos. I do however have some (dreadful!) British sized passport photos so I guess I could give them a try and I am sure they'll march me down to the photo machine if they're not right?

Which photo ends up on your Green Card? The one you give to the consulate at the interview?

I guess I am panicking about photos because I'm not used to not worrying about anything with regard to immigration, and all my paperwork is (hopefully) done! :whistle:

Thanks! :star:

DCF (Germany)

April 7, 2006 - Married

April 15, 2006 - I-130 sent to Frankfurt Consulate

April 22, 2006 - I-130 returned to us (personal checks not acceptable)

April 24, 2006 - I-130 resubmitted with Credit Card Payment Form

June 14, 2006 - I-130 Approved

June 15, 2006 - Packet 3 Received

June 16, 2006 - OF-169 & Passport (Biographical Page Only) faxed to the Consulate

June 17, 2006 - DS 230 Part 1 & OF-169 mailed to the Consulate

June 26, 2006 - Packet 4 Received

June 27, 2006 - Medical Examination in Berlin

July 21, 2006 - Interview at Frankfurt Consulate

July 21, 2006 - Visa Approved!

August 22, 2006 - America!

July 26, 2008 - I-751 sent to VSC

August 1, 2008 - Check cashed

August 1, 2008 - NOA-1 received

September 9, 2008 - Biometics Appointment

March 12, 2009 - Transfer from VSC to CSC?

March 16, 2009 - Approved (10-year green card should be mailed within 60 days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.