dawnnhatem

Happy Friday

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I never started a daily thread before...Good Morning

Hatem left for work, I'm home today and I'm bored. I have shopping to do but nothing is open for hours.(which is sad because I am caffinated now)

Hope everyone has a nice day today!

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

hi everybody

happy that the week has almost finished.

i wish good luck for Libragodess & her husband for their interview today... let us know about the good news and the details :)

happy friday for all

Najia

Married: August 2005

Enter USA: July 2007

Removing condition

5/13/09 : sent I-751 package to Vermont Center

check cashed : 5/22//09

NOA1 received : 5/26/09

Biometric Letter dated 5/29/09

Biometric Appointment: 6/25/09

touched: 6/26/09

9/30/09: got an email from USCIS. Production of the card has been ordered.

10/07/09: Got 10 years GC in mail

Apply for citizenship:....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Happy Friday and Jumuaa Mubarak to everyone... Yeaaaah Ramadan is just around the corner.... Sending some love to all my Vj friends...

945179609_l.jpg

I am not sure what is going on with my 36O account, says my pics are set to private and I am not sure how to let my friends view them...anyone know?

Wishing everyone a blessed and spirtually refreshing Ramadan!

ramadan.gif

May Allah grant you ease and protection from the Shaytaan/El-Dajjal and a solution for everyhardship with Quran and Sunnah. Amin.

Ramazan1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Jumma al Yateem Mubarak :dance: Orphan Friday before Ramadan :dance:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

And now, the most thrilling time of year begins. On the edge of my seat, will we start fasting tomorrow or on Sunday? Will I actually know tonight when I go to bed if I'll be fasting? Or will I once again get up at 3 am and desperately try to find out what the local consensus on the starting of fasting is. Weeeeeeee!

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I plan to start tomorrow! wooooooohoooooooo.... Happy Ramadan! I've made the preparations I know how to make and I hope to make some harira tomorrow for the week. The first "break-fast" will be dates and juice (like the Prophet, pbuh).

So, I checked w/ my doctor yesterday (I'm anemic usually) and she said it would be ok, but sent me for bloodwork this morning just to check my stats. I'm not quite sure how I'll handle the fact that I'm due for my "visitor" this weekend also, but we'll see. I have a lovely, indulgent day ahead of me!

Happy Friday everyone!

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Timeline

Happy Friday! :dance: Dawn-----call me! I just got paid and have the day off! Time to shop!

Rahma I'm on the edge of my seat too! The dates are bought, there is bread with cheese, 2 large bottles of juice ready. I will not be here as much as usual. So to all my vj buddies, see ya next month.

This morning we watched Nasarallah speak in Lebanon. It was quite a moving speech. Mohammed is getting ready to go to the mosque then to work. Hope you all have a great Friday!

Jackie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Do you ladies want to know what one of the best feelings in the world is? Getting into an old pair of jeans that have not fit you in a long time! :dance::dance::dance: Woooohoooo!

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I plan to start tomorrow! wooooooohoooooooo.... Happy Ramadan!

Just checked my calendar again after posting this.... realized it starts tomorrow *NIGHT*, so, I guess that means I'll start my fast Sunday, inch'allah... we'll see how this works out w/ my "visitor"... might have to hold off on the fast til Tue/Wed. :unsure:

ETA: speaking of shopping.... errr... I didn't say shopping ( I know Jacquie did), but I'll say *MASSAGE*, cuz that's where I'm going now... to get a massage! wheeeeeeee!

Edited by noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just checked my calendar again after posting this.... realized it starts tomorrow *NIGHT*, so, I guess that means I'll start my fast Sunday, inch'allah... we'll see how this works out w/ my "visitor"... might have to hold off on the fast til Tue/Wed. :unsure:

Good to know. I'll have to let Wadi know. He thought it started tomorrow too. BTW, where are you checking at?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi ladies. Well, I was up sick almost all night last night and not feeling so hot today either. I was suppose to work from 10-6 today but I had to call in - I'm just totally not up to it. I did get a call about a financial assistant position this morning that I am hoping goes well. If I get the job they pay me to study for 6 weeks to take the licensing exams (plus full health insurance) and then if I get the position it's structured but I still have a lot of individual freedom. I am really hoping this comes through (REALLY!!) I have a few Ramadan questions that my husband is not answering sufficiently for me! So as you know I am 6 months pregnant and I really want to fast however I have been have Braxton Hicks (early contractions - they are totally normal but can progress into labor). Anyway the one way to keep them minimized is to drink a lot of water. It seems like it's an all or nothing thing with fasting but what if I don't eat and just drink the water so that my labor doesn't start early?!?! Is it really not ok. I don't want to fast for a month alone, I would rather do it with my husband but I don't want to take the chance of going into premature labor. (The doctor is a little concerned becuase I did miscarry before). What says the consensus?? Thanks!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline

Amera, I'd err on the side of caution and not fast! You can still reap the benefits of this month by paring down on what you eat, reading a juz (1/30th of the quran) each day (if you hve time, I know you're busy!), attending taraweeh prayers at the masjid and going to iftars. Or, just take it on a day by day basis. Drink lots of water for suhoor, and if you feel icky during the day, break your fast for that day and drink!

Also, you don't have to fast a whole month straight to make up for it. You can do the sunnah fasting on Monday and Thursday throughout the year. Prod Youssef into doing it with you, since it's a commendable thing to do anyways. Plus, if you fast throughout the year, Ramadan doesn't come as quite as big of a shock to your system.

Do you ladies want to know what one of the best feelings in the world is? Getting into an old pair of jeans that have not fit you in a long time! :dance::dance::dance: Woooohoooo!

I hope to one day know this feeling :crying: Congrats to you though :thumbs:

irhal.jpg

It's been one hell of a week so am glad it is almost over, just waiting for beer-thirty now :D

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Timeline

I'm gonna call my husband this evening to see if they're fasting in Egypt tomorrow. If so I'll start too. I wouldn't rely on calendars. Noura, ask your fiance when they start in Morocco or check Islamic websites online. Last year Morocco started and ended a day later than Egypt. That happens sometimes.

ETA: speaking of shopping.... errr... I didn't say shopping ( I know Jacquie did), but I'll say *MASSAGE*, cuz that's where I'm going now... to get a massage! wheeeeeeee!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.