kirk and Jenny

General topic

69 posts in this topic

Don't judge it til you know it! NY is cheaper than London....!!!

But London beats NYC hands-down on air-travellability (plus Heathrow is a more "transit-friendly" airport than JFK--which tells you plenty about the NYC-area airports)!

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

But London beats NYC hands-down on air-travellability (plus Heathrow is a more "transit-friendly" airport than JFK--which tells you plenty about the NYC-area airports)!

Oh NYC airports suck. But if you live close to LGA, it's easy to fly domestically!

I wouldn't fly in/out of Heathrow unless it's was very very cheap. Heathrow is hands down the worst airport I've ever been to. Gatwick is MUCH better.

No thanks; I'd never live up there, I'd rather save my pennies.

Personally, I'd rather live in Dallas; but God won't let me move there (or Atlanta) currently. (While I know that you are atheist, I cannot explain it any other way).

Uh....OK. :huh:

I wouldn't ever live in New York. Maybe it's narrow of me to say that since I've never been there, but I've visited other megacities like London and Paris and didn't relish the thought of living in those places either. I just don't like the noise and commotion of giant cities.

I think the cost of living is what scares some people away from New York. I hear it's absolutely obscene.

Any republican small town in America would be horrible.

Meh; even if it was affordable I doubt I'd live there; I just don't like megacity atmosphere.

I'm from one of the reddest cities in one of the reddest states. I'm a Democrat and I'm going back there voluntarily; I don't let my politics dictate where I live.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I have to admit to not being a fan of Texas either, having spent time in Galveston and Houston. It certainly made me appreciate Maine all the more.

If you don't like Texas, by all means don't go back there. I'm sure you'll be missed. :devil:

LMAO

Why do you think I'm in Maine? You can't get much further away from Texas and still be in the US....

:lol:

I have an acquaintance who lives in Houston and thinks it's a hole, and he's from Liverpool. I mean, if it's a hole compared to LIVERPOOL, that's not saying much for it!

Actually, what I most disliked about it was the climate, and the sprawl. I'm a small-town girl, and I just found it to be overwhelming. The people I met down there and the locals who cruised on the ship I worked on were generally very nice, if a little rough around the edges.

:star:

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Oh NYC airports suck. But if you live close to LGA, it's easy to fly domestically!

FALSE, due to the 2000-statute-mile-max-for-nonstops that's imposed!

I wouldn't fly in/out of Heathrow unless it's was very very cheap... Gatwick is MUCH better.

Having been through both, I agree that Gatwick is nicer than Heathrow--but I still maintain that Heathrow is less bad than JFK or Pearson (Canada's busiest--and worst, not only in my rating but also in that of Globe And Mail Magazine).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

LMAO

Why do you think I'm in Maine? You can't get much further away from Texas and still be in the US....

:lol:

Equally, why do you think we're going to Texas? It's far from New England. My mom's originally from CT; you could not pay me to live up there.

I have an acquaintance who lives in Houston and thinks it's a hole, and he's from Liverpool. I mean, if it's a hole compared to LIVERPOOL, that's not saying much for it!

Actually, what I most disliked about it was the climate, and the sprawl. I'm a small-town girl, and I just found it to be overwhelming. The people I met down there and the locals who cruised on the ship I worked on were generally very nice, if a little rough around the edges.

Houston's not the nicest of places; it's polluted and the weather sucks. However, Houston is simply one city in a state larger than the United Kingdom. You can't judge the entire state based on one city.

:hehe:

What's so bad about Liverpool? :whistle:

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

certainly the people of texas are bigger, that is not disputed

A fat joke? Come on, do better than that. A woman of your towering intellect can surely do better than a FAT JOKE. While we're on the subject, the British are getting to be just as fat as we Americans are. The only city in the UK where I am NOT surrounded by fat people is London. Everywhere else is jelly bellies, muffin tops, and beer guts as far as the eye can see.

:no::no::no::no:

You crack me up, you know that? I bet you can't wait to move back to England so you can be surrounded by people who hate America just as much as you do. Let's count the days TOGETHER.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I wouldn't fly in/out of Heathrow unless it's was very very cheap... Gatwick is MUCH better.

Having been through both, I agree that Gatwick is nicer than Heathrow...

I really like Heathrow! I used to spend a couple of hours there every week on the way to visit Chris in Germany before we married, so perhaps it has that feeling of 'home' about it! :)

Permanent Resident Since 01/03/2007

N-400 application mailed 3/20/17

Credit card charged 3/25/17

NOA 3/31/17

the British are getting to be just as fat as we Americans are

Yup....`tis true :yes:

York is an especially chubby city, it seems. The BBC listed the slimmest and fattest British cities and York didn't appear on either list, so obviously there are worse places. It just seems sometimes that everybody here is fat.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Don't take it so personally, HA - I disliked Texas even before I knew it was your home state. :devil:

I didn't like Galveston much either, although I hear Austin's meant to be nice.

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.