matako

Very OT:Why does fart not diffuse on a flight?

64 posts in this topic

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Farts are like religion...Your own smells good, and everyone elses stink...

As Tom Layre says "Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends upon what you put into it"

Date I-129F Sent : 03/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA1: 04/03/2006

I-129F RFE(s) : 08/10/2006

I-129F RFE Reply(s) : 08/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 08/18/2006

Date Package Received By NVC : 09/05/2006

Date Sent to Embassy: 09/18/2006 assigned number MNL2006743xxx

Date Embassy received 09/26/2006

letter-touched 10/17/2006

information on medical and interview 11/17/2006

Packet with Information 11/29/2006

Medical 1/12/2007

Interview 1/19/2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OMG! You guys have me laughing so hard :D .

*Karen -- Jamaica ....... Courtney -- New Jersey*

09-12-05 - AOS filed

04-21-06 - AOS Interview

04-27-06 - Approval

05-17-06 - Green Card in hand

02-11-08 - File to remove conditions

03-15-08 - Biometrics

03-18-09 - Approved - No interview (Card production ordered)

03-24-09 - 10-year card arrives!

adaf8672.gif

JimminiCricket.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

post-22701-1158893974_thumb.jpg

probably one of the main reasons for not smoking on a plane.

ARR.jpgaug06ayeshaB.jpg

Meeting Online: Yahoo chartroom Aug 2001.

Direct meeting & marriage: Dec 2003 USA, NY

I-130 petition in DCFR Tokyo: March 14th 2004. Case reffered to DHS USCIS

Four visits to japan in 2004: Oct 2004, wife got pragnant.

Wife/Fiance left USA and moved into Japan: Feb 5th 2005.

Baby Born: June 24th 2005(Japan)

I-130 denied: July 17 2005(Divorce was declared not valid)

Refiling Divorce: oJuly 17th 2005 NY State.

Divorce granted: Nov 17th 2005

K-1 application: Mar 1st 2006

Approval: May 23rd 2006

US consulate RFE: June 15th 2006

FRE sent (Original passports, birth certificate, all origional docs): July 10th 2006

Medical: Oct 11th 2006.

Interview: Nov 10th 2006(expected)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't help myself now...For an unusually cruel joke on someone you don't particulary care for, fart into a glass and then imediantly turn it upside down trapping the well placed fart in the glass. Take the glass to the person you don't like, flip it over, place it under their nose and ask them if the glass smells funny.... :devil:

I can't help myself now...For an unusually cruel joke on someone you don't particulary care for, fart into a glass and then imediantly turn it upside down trapping the well placed fart in the glass. Take the glass to the person you don't like, flip it over, place it under their nose and ask them if the glass smells funny.... :devil:

Dang..My Texas spelling education came shining through on that one... :blush:

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I've just always wondered why the hell flying makes you fart so damn much. I've been lucky, I sit near the engines so you cant hear mine, :whistle: but this last time I was nervous the kid in the window seat (I had the isle seat) was going to feel the vibrations from them!!! :blush:

I know there's a scientific reason behind it because I learned it in school (only in Texas, hu?) I just don't remember it, something about air pressure I think. :D

Life long Texan, living in Hull, UK. How did this happen?

11 January - We met online and became friends

4 February - Became a couple

17 March - I went to Hull to meet the guy

20 March - First "I love you"

25 March - I go home :(

16 November - He comes to visit me in Texas

25 November - he leaves back home :(

14 December - ENGAGED! <3

1 March- I fly off to see my babe in Hull

4 April - I go home :(

9 October - He comes back to Texas!!!!

13 October - WEDDING!!!

22 October - He goes back to England and I continue to wait for my settlement visa.

13 December 2007 - Move to England

Now the wait begins, I will become a citizen then we will DFC back to the US.

the-british-are-comming-small.jpg965-smaller.jpg

Our slide show .......... Our page on TheKnot.com

.png

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
akatagirl is correct :thumbs:

A large ( long haul) passenger plane's air conditioning system is system is divided into "blocks", that service about 5 rows of seats. The air tends to stay in its little circulatory "block", and to not flow along the length of the plane.

The air in the plane's cabin comes out of these vents in the ceiling above your seat, flows over you and whomever is in your immediate vicinity, and then gets back into the air conditioning system via vents at floor level. Each cycle takes about 3-5 minutes.

So the smell from one person does not get spread along the length of the plane by the air-conditioning system - it hangs around the block of 5 seats. However, if you were to walk along the aisle whilst farting, it might then spread the smell right down the plane ( into everyone elses "air circulation blocks".

So next time you feel like farting on a plane, take a stroll up and down the aisle!

The air is indeed pressurized to a comfortable altitude in flight; with the amount of outside air being circulated in controlled by the flight crew.

The pilots in the cockpit get 100% outside air ( unrecirculated) 100% of the time for safety reasons.

*sorry lost the link/ref for this....I modified it anyway.

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Timeline

I've noticed anytime I eat anything oily or deep fried I become unbelievably gassy! I'm talking "walking sand blaster" and with my flabby butt ..the rippling effect is unavoidable!

ever have the ones that sound as if you are walking on them plastic bubble wrap?

ARR.jpgaug06ayeshaB.jpg

FRE sent (Original passports, birth certificate, all origional docs): July 10th 2006

Timeline

if you really want to lay it on thick to the passengers, try eatting Burger King right before your flight! must be the carcinogens ( hack hack) I had to actually stop eatting there to avoid combustion

ARR.jpgaug06ayeshaB.jpg