Nik

Ghana Embassy Updates

6 posts in this topic

Hey All,

Apparently, CSC approved my case. They never sent an e-mail, but when I made an appointment to see an immigration officer she told me it was approved on Septermber 5, 2006. Anyway, since I am finally at the point where I have to start dealing with the consulate, I just wanted to get an update. Are things still moving extra slowly? Are the people still very rude? Anyone who is going through the K-1 out there, please let me know what is happening in Accra so I can pass the word to my fiance.

Thanks

Nik

April 7, 2006 I-129F sent

April 18, 2006 NOA1 Received

April 22, 2006 Touched!

May 30, 2006 Touched (changed my address)

June 12, 2006 Touched ( Didn't call them this time)

July 3, 2006 Touched

July 6, 2006 Touched

July 18, 2006 Touched (Previous touches are about problems with address)

July 20, 2006 Received RFE

July 22, 2006 Retuned RFE

July 27, 2006 Touched

August 1, 2006 Touched

August 3, 2006 Touched

August 3, 2006 Uneasy Touching 107 days since NOA1

August 4, 2006 Touched

August 6, 2006 Touched

August 7, 2006 Touched

September 5, 2006 Touched

September 5, 2006 Approved

September 21, 2006 NVC received approved petition

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi Nik,

I am not filing a k-1 but k-3 instead so I can share so far my experiences with the Ghana Embassy. If your husband currently resides in Ghana, then you can scan your noa2 front and back have him take that along to the embassy to see if they will let him in to get the packet 3. Unlike Lagos, Nigeria, in Acrra, Ghana they do things a bit differently. They first give out packet 3 which needs to completed and returned and then packet 4 and an interivew date will then be issued. If you need to make any enquiries, M-Th they only accept calls after 3pm their time. You can reach them at these numbers: 011 233 21 7010163 or 776601.

The medicals are usually done by Akai or Trinity House and when my husband spoke to someone who works at Trinity, they told him that since he lives outside of Ghana that so long as he is willing to pay extra to get it done and it can be done and completed within a week.

Since my husband lives outside of Ghana, it has been difficult for us to move forward necessary paperwork need from the Ghana embassy. If your fiance is not successful in going to the embassy using a copy of the NOA2 that you sent him , then most likely you will have to wait for a letter to be sent to you or him from the Ghana embassy stating that he can now pick packet 3. I just got this letter from the embassy the other day and I have waited almost a month for them to send this. They also told me that since we are not in Ghana that my brother in law can pick up these documents for us. We have been waiting for over a month now for them to send out this letter to him and he has yet to receive it. I have called them and told them that I received their letter and told them that my brother in law has not yet received the letter they sent but they told me to wait another week. They have been nice over the phone but it just seems that things take a bit longer to process at this embassy in comparison to Lagos these days!

I will post more information about packet 3 once I obtain that information. I believe the packet 3 asks about medicals, police reports, and financial information from the petitioner. Maybe someone who has already gone thru the Ghana embassy can share more information. Also it helps if you use the search part of this website and type in Ghana Embassy and read the posts on there to help you find out more information.

Congrats on getting approved!!! :D

March 8, 2010 N-400 priority filing date

April 21, 2010-biometrics apppointment

Hi Nik,

I am not filing a k-1 but k-3 instead so I can share so far my experiences with the Ghana Embassy. If your husband currently resides in Ghana, then you can scan your noa2 front and back have him take that along to the embassy to see if they will let him in to get the packet 3. Unlike Lagos, Nigeria, in Acrra, Ghana they do things a bit differently. They first give out packet 3 which needs to completed and returned and then packet 4 and an interivew date will then be issued. If you need to make any enquiries, M-Th they only accept calls after 3pm their time. You can reach them at these numbers: 011 233 21 7010163 or 776601.

The medicals are usually done by Akai or Trinity House and when my husband spoke to someone who works at Trinity, they told him that since he lives outside of Ghana that so long as he is willing to pay extra to get it done and it can be done and completed within a week.

Since my husband lives outside of Ghana, it has been difficult for us to move forward necessary paperwork need from the Ghana embassy. If your fiance is not successful in going to the embassy using a copy of the NOA2 that you sent him , then most likely you will have to wait for a letter to be sent to you or him from the Ghana embassy stating that he can now pick packet 3. I just got this letter from the embassy the other day and I have waited almost a month for them to send this. They also told me that since we are not in Ghana that my brother in law can pick up these documents for us. We have been waiting for over a month now for them to send out this letter to him and he has yet to receive it. I have called them and told them that I received their letter and told them that my brother in law has not yet received the letter they sent but they told me to wait another week. They have been nice over the phone but it just seems that things take a bit longer to process at this embassy in comparison to Lagos these days!

I will post more information about packet 3 once I obtain that information. I believe the packet 3 asks about medicals, police reports, and financial information from the petitioner. Maybe someone who has already gone thru the Ghana embassy can share more information. Also it helps if you use the search part of this website and type in Ghana Embassy and read the posts on there to help you find out more information.

Congrats on getting approved!!! :D

Thank you for your assistance. My case is supposed to be forwarded to Ghana this week, so I have spent most of my day trying to send my fiance information as I find it. He will flip when he sees the million e-mails I sent today.

I was looking on the consulate web site and it looks like they won't accept hand-written or typed applications. Do you know if that only applies to visa's other than K-1 and K-3's. It also seems that you make your appointment via the internet. You would think with all this technology going on it would take less than 6 months to get the visa. I feel so helpless right now.

Nik

April 22, 2006 Touched!

July 3, 2006 Touched

July 6, 2006 Touched

July 27, 2006 Touched

August 1, 2006 Touched

August 3, 2006 Touched

August 4, 2006 Touched

August 6, 2006 Touched

August 7, 2006 Touched

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

The online appointments are for visitor visas, not for the K-1.

(unless they have changed this in the past year)

K-1 (more detail in profile):

05-25-05 - Applied for I-129F

06-07-05 - Approved

12-01-05 - Picked up visa!!

AOS:

12-25-05 - Flight lands at JFK - EAD stamp

05-15-06 - Green card received!! Woo-hoo!!!

05-09-07 - Our first son born!

Removal of Conditions

01-29-08 - Mailed Removal of Conditions Application (overnight)

02-07-08 - Check Cashed

02-08-08 - NOA1

03-12-08 - Biometrics

12-12-08 - Card production ordered! Yay!

12-30-08 - 10 year card received! Yay!

Naturalization

01-12-10 - Mailed application

01-20-10 - NOA

02-16-10 - Biometrics

04-21-10 - Interview

04-21-10 - Oath ceremony - US CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi Nik,

As Kanyiri stated, the online appointments are only for visitor's visa's so we will not be able to make an appointment this way. Your significant other will have to pick up packet 3 and return it completed and then he will be able to get his interview date. I know this next step at the Embassy is very stressful but just try to stay positive, keep reading and asking questions on here and anywhere that you think you can get more information.

When the NVC notified me that the our petition was sent to the Ghana embassy, it nearly took a month before they notified me and my husband that we were now allowed to pick up packet 3. I am hoping that you and your loved one will not have to wait that long before you both are able to get packet 3.

You can always PM if you have any questions that I can help out with. Take Care

I was looking on the consulate web site and it looks like they won't accept hand-written or typed applications.Do you know if that only applies to visa's other than K-1 and K-3's.

Nik, I am a little confused by this statement? Isnt handwritten or typed applications the only 2 ways to fill out an application?

I feel so helpless right now.

I know the feeling cause there are days when my husband and I feel the same way with this entire visa process. Just take it step by step and continue to do your research on here and anywhere else where you may find helpful information. I have had to learn from the little that I have had to deal with Ghana Embassy is to exercise a lot of patience because they do not move as quickly as we would like. Hang in there!!!

March 8, 2010 N-400 priority filing date

April 21, 2010-biometrics apppointment

Hi Nik,

As Kanyiri stated, the online appointments are only for visitor's visa's so we will not be able to make an appointment this way. Your significant other will have to pick up packet 3 and return it completed and then he will be able to get his interview date. I know this next step at the Embassy is very stressful but just try to stay positive, keep reading and asking questions on here and anywhere that you think you can get more information.

When the NVC notified me that the our petition was sent to the Ghana embassy, it nearly took a month before they notified me and my husband that we were now allowed to pick up packet 3. I am hoping that you and your loved one will not have to wait that long before you both are able to get packet 3.

You can always PM if you have any questions that I can help out with. Take Care

I was looking on the consulate web site and it looks like they won't accept hand-written or typed applications.Do you know if that only applies to visa's other than K-1 and K-3's.

Nik, I am a little confused by this statement? Isnt handwritten or typed applications the only 2 ways to fill out an application?

I feel so helpless right now.

I know the feeling cause there are days when my husband and I feel the same way with this entire visa process. Just take it step by step and continue to do your research on here and anywhere else where you may find helpful information. I have had to learn from the little that I have had to deal with Ghana Embassy is to exercise a lot of patience because they do not move as quickly as we would like. Hang in there!!!

Do you need to have your passport to pick up the packet?

April 22, 2006 Touched!

July 3, 2006 Touched

July 6, 2006 Touched

July 27, 2006 Touched

August 1, 2006 Touched

August 3, 2006 Touched

August 4, 2006 Touched

August 6, 2006 Touched

August 7, 2006 Touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.