Ban Hammer

Man jailed for beheading girlfriend's kitten

92 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
and food for thought......someday you'll have kids. would you like this nutcase or someone like him living near you?

I wouldn't. But that also doesn't mean that he should be in jail. There are many types of people who I would prefer not live near me, but that doesn't mean they should be in jail. I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Do you not admit that you're just a tad biased in this discussion because of the fact that you have an emotional attachment to a cat?

Edited by jenn3539

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

and food for thought......someday you'll have kids. would you like this nutcase or someone like him living near you?

I wouldn't. But that also doesn't mean that he should be in jail. There are many types of people who I would prefer not live near me, but that doesn't mean they should be in jail. I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Do you not admit that you're just a tad biased in this discussion because of the fact that you have an emotional attachment to a cat?

i'd feel the same way even if i didn't. on the other hand, could it be you're not concerned because you don't have a cat?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hmmm, I don't think I'm the one being all flowers and rainbows here. Why did you have to go and bring it down a level?

not bringing it down any level, so quit whining. i really think you just don't get it. this nutcase killed a woman's cat in order to terrorize her, to get back at her, and yes he's going to jail - to serve the sentence concurrently with the parole violation. that's nothing when concurrent with another sentence.......he's getting away with murder.

now what does that say to people? that you can terrorize your SO by killing his/her cat in an atrocious manner and basically get away with it! that pets (domesticated animals) have no protection under the law!

this yoyo has serious anger issues and i'd not be pleased if he or someone like him lived near me. and yes i have a cat, in case you were wondering.

Actually, in the state of Illinois what he did to the kitten is illegal also, this is not some precident that was created just for this case.

? 510 ILCS 70/3.02. Aggravated cruelty

Sec. 3.02. Aggravated cruelty. No person may intentionally commit an act that causes a companion animal to suffer serious injury or death. Aggravated cruelty does not include euthanasia of a companion animal through recognized methods approved by the Department of Agriculture.

A person convicted of violating Section 3.02 is guilty of a Class 4 felony. A second or subsequent violation is a Class 3 felony. In addition to any other penalty provided by law, upon conviction for violating this Section, the court may order the convicted person to undergo a psychological or psychiatric evaluation and to undergo any treatment at the convicted person's expense that the court determines to be appropriate after due consideration of the evaluation. If the convicted person is a juvenile or a companion animal hoarder, the court must order the convicted person to undergo a psychological or psychiatric evaluation and to undergo treatment that the court determines to be appropriate after due consideration of the evaluation.

? 510 ILCS 70/3.03. Animal torture

Sec. 3.03. Animal torture. (a) A person commits animal torture when that person without legal justification knowingly or intentionally tortures an animal. For purposes of this Section, and subject to subsection (B), "torture" means infliction of or subjection to extreme physical pain, motivated by an intent to increase or prolong the pain, suffering, or agony of the animal.

(B) For the purposes of this Section, "animal torture" does not include any death, harm, or injury caused to any animal by any of the following activities:

(1) any hunting, fishing, trapping, or other activity allowed under the Wildlife Code [520 ILCS 5/1.1 et seq.], the Wildlife Habitat Management Areas Act [520 ILCS 20/0.01 et seq.], or the Fish and Aquatic Life Code [515 ILCS 5/1-1 et seq.];

(2) any alteration or destruction of any animal done by any person or unit of government pursuant to statute, ordinance, court order, or the direction of a licensed veterinarian;

(3) any alteration or destruction of any animal by any person for any legitimate purpose, including, but not limited to: castration, culling, declawing, defanging, ear cropping, euthanasia, gelding, grooming, neutering, polling, shearing, shoeing, slaughtering, spaying, tail docking, and vivisection; and

(4) any other activity that may be lawfully done to an animal.

© A person convicted of violating this Section is guilty of a Class 3 felony. As a condition of the sentence imposed under this Section, the court shall order the offender to undergo a psychological or psychiatric evaluation and to undergo treatment that the court determines to be appropriate after due consideration of the evaluation.

Usual Prison or Jail sentance for a Class 3 Felony is 2 - 5 years and a Class 4 Felony is 1 - 3 years.

Fact is under existing laws he committed a felony while also in violation of his parole. He deserves whatever he gets.

July 12, 2002 - Married

I130

May 18, 2005 - Sent Certified Mail USPS with Money Order for fees

May 20, 2005 - Received Date

June 2, 2005 - Notice Date

June 6, 2005 - Received NOA1

September 10, 2005No action to date

December 1, 2005 -Approved

I129

August 25, 2005 - Sent Certified Mail USPS with Money Order for fees

August 26, 2005 - USPS tracking shows Delivered, August 26, 2005, 1:54 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60680

September 7, 2005 - "touched" I think

September 12, 2005 - Received NOA1 showing receipt date of August 30, 2005

October 17, 2005 - APPROVED!!!

November 27, 2005 - Received by NVC

November 3, 2005 - RFE received from Consulate

November 18, 2005 - RFE delivered to Consulate

November 28, 2005 - Instructions received

December 6, 2005 - Medical Appt Much confusion and lack of communication by Physicians caused much delay :(

March 23 - Checklist received

May 12 - Packet 4 received

June 1 - Interview

June 1 - APPROVED!!!!!

June 7 - Steve Arrived home

Timeline

i'd feel the same way even if i didn't. on the other hand, could it be you're not concerned because you don't have a cat?

I have had cats. I just put them on a totally different level than people.

Let's agree to disagree. Not to worry, I have no plans to abuse any animals, nor do I have any power to change any existing laws regarding sentencing for animal abusers.

Filed: Timeline

Let's agree to disagree. Not to worry, I have no plans to abuse any animals, nor do I have any power to change any existing laws regarding sentencing for animal abusers.

jenn,

I agree with you.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline

jenn,

I agree with you.

I knew you would. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The guy got nothing basically.. so how can it be too much? It is either enough or not enough. It cant be too much.

I never met a cat I didn't like... People, now thats another story.

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

That story is unfortunate. Obviously the guy wasn't trying to hurt the animal. I don't think we can say the same for the guy ripping off the kitten's head.

Do you think sentences should vary by the type of animal? What if he killed her pet goldfish?

If that were the case, I'd be serving at least 3 life sentences. :unsure:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Though I am not a cat person, I would much prefer to run over a human, in my vehicle, than a dog. No dog has ever lied to me, no dog has ever stolen from me, no dog has ever destroyed my property. No dog has killed my neighbor, no dog ever tried to fornicate with my ex-wife (okay, except on her leg) and as Will Rodgers said. "When dogs die, if they don't go to heaven; I don't want to go to heaven; I want to go where the dogs go"

Edited by kirk and Jenny

Date I-129F Sent : 03/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA1: 04/03/2006

I-129F RFE(s) : 08/10/2006

I-129F RFE Reply(s) : 08/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 08/18/2006

Date Package Received By NVC : 09/05/2006

Date Sent to Embassy: 09/18/2006 assigned number MNL2006743xxx

Date Embassy received 09/26/2006

letter-touched 10/17/2006

information on medical and interview 11/17/2006

Packet with Information 11/29/2006

Medical 1/12/2007

Interview 1/19/2007

Though I am not a cat person, I would much prefer to run over a human, in my vehicle, than a dog. No dog has ever lied to me, no dog has ever stolen from me, no dog has ever destroyed my property. No dog has killed my neighbor, no dog ever tried to fornicate with my ex-wife (okay, except on her leg) and as Will Rodgers said. "When dogs die, if they don't go to heaven; I don't want to go to heaven; I want to go where the dogs go"

:unsure: oh errrrr.......

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I kinds see what you're getting at...maybe phrased a bit harsh...but like when I watch cops and see ppl getting abused, killed, whatever...It's like..well whatever.

When I wathc ANIMAL cops...when helpless, sweet animals are being abused, killed, whatever...I bawl my eyes out.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

The guy got nothing basically.. so how can it be too much? It is either enough or not enough. It cant be too much.

I like dogs better than cats but I've never ripped the head off a cat or kitten (or never will).

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

i agree 100% with you on that

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i agree 100% with you on that

while we have your attention, almaty, what is the relationship between animal abusers and serial killers?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!