• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

my comments, for what they are worth.

i cannot see how killing a goldfish is even in the same ballpark. with a cat, you have interaction with it. petting it, cuddling it. you develop a bond. a goldfish - you just feed it and change the water occasionally.

hunting - no one is petting that deer, bird, or whatever. also to note is most hunters do their utmost to keep the animal from suffering, although i know that will be argued. this is not even in the same ballpark as hunting is not germane to the topic and as no one identifies specifically with that wild animal as a pet nor has a bond with it. and hunting is regulated by the individual state, and wild animals essentially belong to that state.

it was mentioned that this act was done to terrorize the now presumed former g/f. such has, i'm certain, created a major mix of emotions with that individual and scarred her for life. she'll probably wonder for the rest of her life if she could have been that kitten later on in the relationship. also consider how she'll consider any future relationships.........

i don't feel that 2 years is enough. this individual is sick and needs to be incarcerated for more than that. i'd settle for 4-5 years. call me an animal lover if you wish, i don't mind. if you were to ask, almaty will probably also tell you that those who abuse animals go on to do other, darker deeds in their life.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
if you were to ask, almaty will probably also tell you that those who abuse animals go on to do other, darker deeds in their life.

I think we need to make up our minds here. Are we incarcerating people for the crimes they've committed or for behavior that indicates propensity for future crimes? Fine, the law is the law, and if it says that murdering a kitten gets you two years, so be it. I'm uncomfortable with the idea that the incarceration would be justified by its possible prevention of future crimes. Why don't we lock people up for listening to rap music?

What a CATastrophe. LOL

How long did it take you to come up with that one? :lol:

I just came to me in one of my idiot savant visions. LOL

it was good... :yes:

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline

if you were to ask, almaty will probably also tell you that those who abuse animals go on to do other, darker deeds in their life.

I think we need to make up our minds here. Are we incarcerating people for the crimes they've committed or for behavior that indicates propensity for future crimes? Fine, the law is the law, and if it says that murdering a kitten gets you two years, so be it. I'm uncomfortable with the idea that the incarceration would be justified by its possible prevention of future crimes. Why don't we lock people up for listening to rap music?

are you suggesting that rap music causes crimes?

my point about asking almaty about those abusing animals is this - those who do usually go on to commit other crimes of a far worse nature. i believe that animal abuse should warrant a decent prison sentence along with mandatory counseling. check into the background of jeffrey dahmer, son of sam berkowitz, ted bundy, and you'll find that animal abuse was in their background too.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

my point about asking almaty about those abusing animals is this - those who do usually go on to commit other crimes of a far worse nature. i believe that animal abuse should warrant a decent prison sentence along with mandatory counseling. check into the background of jeffrey dahmer, son of sam berkowitz, ted bundy, and you'll find that animal abuse was in their background too.

The mandatory counseling, definitely.

I don't believe that because many notorious serial killers had a history of animal abuse is reason enough to make it a jailable crime. Does the offense, standing alone, warrant this harsh of a sentence? For me, no, and that's because I personally draw my line between humans and animals. If we say that animal abuse, in itself, is deserving of a multi-year prison sentence, which animals? Only those that we can pet and with which we can develop a bond?

Edited by jenn3539

Filed: Other Timeline

I think the real incongruity here is that somebody can get in a car drunk (which in my mind is just as intentional as what our felon here did), hit and kill someone, get charged with manslaughter instead of murder, and then not serve time but be put on probation.....

....and this guy gets two years? Yes I very definately think he's a sicko and I see the domestic violence angle as well BUT

...to me that's what's wrong with this picture.

At least as far as correlations go. More parallel than the goldfish example.

Would killing a goldfish inflict as much suffering on the person and goldfish itself as killing a cat would? I don't think so.

My point has been made... by one person... Who's next?

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline

I don't believe that because many notorious serial killers had a history of animal abuse is reason enough to make it a jailable crime. Does the offense, standing alone, warrant this harsh of a sentence? For me, no, and that's because I personally draw my line between humans and animals. If we say that animal abuse, in itself, is deserving of a multi-year prison sentence, which animals? Only those that we can pet and with which we can develop a bond?

i put animal abusers just one small step above child molesters. if you wish to be all flowers and rainbows about someone killing a defenseless kitten in such an atrocious manner, especially doing so to get even with his g/f, feel free. i don't want any such fruitcake living near me, but you can feel free to welcome them to your neighborhood.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

i put animal abusers just one small step above child molesters. if you wish to be all flowers and rainbows about someone killing a defenseless kitten in such an atrocious manner, especially doing so to get even with his g/f, feel free. i don't want any such fruitcake living near me, but you can feel free to welcome them to your neighborhood.

Hmmm, I don't think I'm the one being all flowers and rainbows here. Why did you have to go and bring it down a level?

Timeline
Hmmm, I don't think I'm the one being all flowers and rainbows here. Why did you have to go and bring it down a level?

not bringing it down any level, so quit whining. i really think you just don't get it. this nutcase killed a woman's cat in order to terrorize her, to get back at her, and yes he's going to jail - to serve the sentence concurrently with the parole violation. that's nothing when concurrent with another sentence.......he's getting away with murder.

now what does that say to people? that you can terrorize your SO by killing his/her cat in an atrocious manner and basically get away with it! that pets (domesticated animals) have no protection under the law!

this yoyo has serious anger issues and i'd not be pleased if he or someone like him lived near me. and yes i have a cat, in case you were wondering.

and food for thought......someday you'll have kids. would you like this nutcase or someone like him living near you?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *