Ban Hammer

Man jailed for beheading girlfriend's kitten

92 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Sickening, deeply disturbing stories. I agree with Cheeky. And I also think that anyone who can hurt animals like that should be hurt in just the same way. Extreme? Perhaps...

But I have absolutely zero tolerance for animal cruelty. ZERO.

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two years in prison? Come on!

I am with you. Two years for killing an animal seems a little steep. How about a hefty fine, community service, and some counseling... Gsss! Evidently this man needs some help, but we rather through his a*% in jail. Whatever!!! Without counseling for his anger issues, odds are that he will become a repeat felon living in one of your neighborhoods. Good luck! Unfortunately, some folks have more sympathy for animals than humans. (JMO) Cheers!!!

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

damn, pycho..hmmm...i may know him..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am with you. Two years for killing an animal seems a little steep. How about a hefty fine, community service, and some counseling... Gsss! Evidently this man needs some help, but we rather through his a*% in jail. Whatever!!! Without counseling for his anger issues, odds are that he will become a repeat felon living in one of your neighborhoods. Good luck! Unfortunately, some folks have more sympathy for animals than humans. (JMO) Cheers!!!

:thumbs: Too many Disney movies as kids. :lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Guys, animals just aren't things, regardless of how the law may treat them. I agree with anything that gets that message out.

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

So it's ok to kill a living breathing thing as long as it's not a human... :no: pretty freaking sick.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

Guys, animals just aren't things, regardless of how the law may treat them. I agree with anything that gets that message out.

I don't think that animals are just things, but neither are they people.

Timeline

That's why he would get more time in jail, were he to kill a person...still doesn't mean that he should get away with killing a living, breathing creature.

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

People do consider their pets as part of their families and companions so it can be just as painful as losing any other family member for some, but there are other issues involved here besides just killing an animal.

When someone will go so far as to kill in order to terrorise and abuse another person it's a serious problem. We think it's bad when we hear someone has beat their spouse in an act of abuse, if they are willing to go to the extent of killing something the object of their abuse loves just to terrorise them what's next?

If his girlfriend were your daughter, would you say ....ehh it's just an animal he killed ? Probably not, most likely you would consider him extremely dangerous and be fearing your daughter would be next.

July 12, 2002 - Married

I130

May 18, 2005 - Sent Certified Mail USPS with Money Order for fees

May 20, 2005 - Received Date

June 2, 2005 - Notice Date

June 6, 2005 - Received NOA1

September 10, 2005No action to date

December 1, 2005 -Approved

I129

August 25, 2005 - Sent Certified Mail USPS with Money Order for fees

August 26, 2005 - USPS tracking shows Delivered, August 26, 2005, 1:54 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60680

September 7, 2005 - "touched" I think

September 12, 2005 - Received NOA1 showing receipt date of August 30, 2005

October 17, 2005 - APPROVED!!!

November 27, 2005 - Received by NVC

November 3, 2005 - RFE received from Consulate

November 18, 2005 - RFE delivered to Consulate

November 28, 2005 - Instructions received

December 6, 2005 - Medical Appt Much confusion and lack of communication by Physicians caused much delay :(

March 23 - Checklist received

May 12 - Packet 4 received

June 1 - Interview

June 1 - APPROVED!!!!!

June 7 - Steve Arrived home

Timeline

I get the impression from the Disney comment that you thought that the man's punishment was due to people anthropomorphizing animals. I think it's a little surprising you might think that jail time is excessive, and that only the murder of a human being would merit that kind of punishment.

Heina said it best. :)

So it's ok to kill a living breathing thing as long as it's not a human... :no: pretty freaking sick.

I won't angue your position. I simply don't share your opinion on this matter, but that doesn't make you right!

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline

I get the impression from the Disney comment that you thought that the man's punishment was due to people anthropomorphizing animals. I think it's a little surprising you might think that jail time is excessive, and that only the murder of a human being would merit that kind of punishment.

Heina said it best. :)

Well of course the murder of a human being should merit a much harsher punishment. And maybe in this particular circumstance, the sentence was appropriate since his intent was so obviously malicious. I think that often though these cases do go too far, whether that's due to people anthromorphizing animals (I assume that means treating them like people - remember, math major here! :lol: ), I don't know. This local story came to mind when I read this:

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/93623...0&qs=1;bp=t

Timeline

I won't angue your position. I simply don't share your opinion on this matter, but that doesn't make you right!

Uling.... Wait... you actually disagree with what Heina said there? You *don't* think it's sick?

#######?

Jenn: that story was INSANE

Timeline

That story is unfortunate. Obviously the guy wasn't trying to hurt the animal. I don't think we can say the same for the guy ripping off the kitten's head.

-Oscar the Grouch